• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Apparently FSG is offering the chief operating office of the AFL, Gillon McLachlan (Australian Football League, not soccer) the new job as Liverpool managing director. Rumor is that he's willing to take hte job.

Choc

Banned
Looking at the replay, the red for Huddlestone was very, very harsh. Well worth appealing.

sigh i don't know how many times i have to tell you guys. Under the current fifa circular directives to referees, of which i have the document, it is a mandatory red card

1. It was studs up @ the player

2. The connection was above the ball area (the shin)

Yes ultimately based on old rules its harsh but the rules have changed. They changed in 2010. The FA referees have finally decided to implement them.

elsk

Banned
he is a free agent. He can join anywhere. Just like Michael Owen

No, Owen was released during (or before) the transfer market. Drogba can't join teams where the transfer market was closed at the time he was released.

He can join a Russian team for example, at any point. Or a french team (their market is still open right?).

Salvadora

No, Owen was released during (or before) the transfer market. Drogba can't join teams where the transfer market was closed at the time he was released.

He can join a Russian team for example, at any point. Or a french team (their market is still open right?).

French market is open until Tuesday.

Fry

article_d16e643880ab9abf_1346518087_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

:lol

If he was released before the transfer window closed, then yes. According to Marca Drogba was offered to the team yesterday, but RM wasn't interested.

Well in cases where clubs haven't been able to pay wages or have gone bankrupt and released players there has been given permissions (many times) before for them to join clubs outside of the transfer window. It obviously has to go through probably uefa and the countries FA but it's possible under special circumstances.

GorillaJu

Rodwell should have passed that earlier but he's having a decent game.

I don't think it's possible to sound more uptight and smug than this ESPN announcer. It's like everything he's saying, he's saying "well my dad can beat up yours" underneath.

Arnie

Apparently FSG is offering the chief operating office of the AFL, Gillon McLachlan (Australian Football League, not soccer) the new job as Liverpool managing director. Rumor is that he's willing to take hte job.

Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

Rodwell should have passed that earlier but he's having a decent game.

I don't think it's possible to sound more uptight and smug than this ESPN announcer. It's like everything he's saying, he's saying "well my dad can beat up yours" underneath.

Lol that sums up Jon Champion so well. Comes off soooooo smug, like he's the most important man who has ever spoken. He loves a segway too.

Meier

FUCK'S SAKE! Cannot believe we still have 1 goal.

Another awful pass by Dzeko to end a scoring chance. Great poacher, god awful anywhere outside the attacking area.

GorillaJu

Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

It appears he has rejected it – the first offer at least – but he's an incredibly successful person. He's young, too. I dunno, when I read his profile, he seems like the kind of people FSG have been hiring, Billy Hogan, Jen Chang, etc.

I really like that they're bringing in these young, forward-thinking individuals. By all rights, this McLachlan fellow is supposed to be an extremely sought after businessman. I'm all for this appointment, if it happens (which to be fair appears to be unlikely).

Arnie

It appears he has rejected it – the first offer at least – but he's an incredibly successful person. He's young, too. I dunno, when I read his profile, he seems like the kind of people FSG have been hiring, Billy Hogan, Jen Chang, etc.

I really like that they're bringing in these young, forward-thinking individuals. By all rights, this McLachlan fellow is supposed to be an extremely sought after businessman.

Kermit's backing him.

I don't know what to make of him, but if he's a Levy-esque character then I'll be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom