• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShogunX

Haven't listened but if your team plays like shit and isn't fighting for it, it's already justified. Overpaid stars should not be immune to criticism from the people that in the end pays their wages.

Bit early to turn on the manager for me. For all I know things might not work out tomorrow and we might see something similar at Anfield. New manager, new system and new players - Things take time although I guess with Spurs they have just got rid of ''H'' so expectations are a bit different.

RaGe_pt

So apparently Anzhi is in Lisbon with 90 million euros for Gaitan, Witsel, and Rodrigo. Yowza

Ahahah and people still give credit to what Abola writes... benfica fans are angry because their president sold Javi without buying anyone to replace him or a LB. Abola writes those "news" so that they can calm the fans when their president says he made everything to keep Gaitan, Witsel and Rodrigo and rejected that non-existent offer...

TeegsD

Ahahah and people still give credit to what Abola writes... benfica fans are angry because their president sold Javi without buying anyone to replace him or a LB. Abola writes those "news" so that they can calm the fans when their president says he made everything to keep Gaitan, Witsel and Rodrigo and rejected that non-existent offer...

Well I also see it on zerozero so idk. Also, if I was a Benfica fan I would totally take that deal any day of the week. None of those players are worth 30 million a piece.

Easily close to 100%. It used to be I never went into the OT, now I never go into Gaming side. When I go to OT, it's more to read than post.

RaGe_pt

Well I also see it on zerozero so idk. Also, if I was a Benfica fan I would totally take that deal any day of the week. None of those players are worth 30 million a piece.

Zerozero takes their news from abola too. That's just a play to distract the fans. abola was created to defend benfica, they have meetings with benfica's president and he uses that "newspaper" to make his plays. This is one of his plays. Of course if that was true they would accept because they are not worth that money obviously.

Arnie

Isn't it AVB's job to ensure that the players turn up? To get them motivated and fired up to play in the right way.

Christ, where to start.

We forced Carroll out of the door under the assumption that the saved wages would go towards Dempsey. We bid a sub-par amount for Dempsey, and had no back-up plan ready to spring into action, and had left it far too late to start negotiating with anyone else. We've been left with

Suarez (Terrible finisher)
Borini (Untested)
Yesil (18, no first team experience)
Morgan (18, one first team match)

As our striking options. Should've done more to keep Kuyt in hindsight

Carroll needed to leave because at this point he needs first team football. If he can improve upon his movement and touch, he'll be brought back to Liverpool next year.

Dempsey did extremely well as the spearhead of Fulham's attack over the last two seasons. How he would have fared playing with Suarez and Gerrard I'm not so sure. I'm still curious about how well he'll fit in at Spurs.

Kuyt just got too good an offer, something that he wouldn't have enjoyed in England.

edit: Look at Spurs current squad, even with the losses of VDV and Modric, I can't believe they're not faring better. I think AVB's over-thinking his tactics.

dc spent the whole summer joking about United and empty seats

Put the City game on. Sure enough, empty seats.

Sold out though, MASSIVE.

TeegsD

Zerozero takes their news from abola too. That's just a play to distract the fans. abola was created to defend benfica, they have meetings with benfica's president and he uses that "newspaper" to make his plays. This is one of his plays. Of course if that was true they would accept because they are not worth that money obviously.

Is there any unbiased online site that I can check for news here in the States? i've always used A BOLA and this summer heard of ZeroZero which definitely has more news.

Meier

Today? This is default Dzeko... Now see him tap one in and the complain he isn't playing enough.

Sadly true although he has his moments though. Today has been particularly poor. Ended a few runs with short, poor passes and then the few chances he couldn't convert. So frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom