• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

P1TYW.png

This weeks Inside City is freaking sweet!

The training segment is awesome. Razak who featured today makes a mistake in training, he literally gifts the ball to Tevez who just curls it round the keeper to score.

The Toure's go mental at him. "ABDUL! ABDUL! We can't give the ball away like that." The guy's 19 years old so I imagine it's pretty daunting for him.

Highlights:

Aguero's like a school boy having his photo took.

Training starts - really good to watch if you love seeing pro's train.

Balotelli's unstoppable free kicks. He pretends the yellow fake players who make the wall is Messi, Iniesta, Xavi and Sanchez. He's mental. You can hear him say it here

Garcia speaks to the Chairman. Apologises his English is not good and thanks him for brining him to City. He seems a really humble guy. Then #basedmarwood cracks some jokes. It's painful...

:D

ok

Zabojnik

DJAMANTUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!! Diamanti beasting. Gotta say, I'm really enjoying watching Nocerino's return to mediocrity this season. Where's your Ibra now, sexy beast Noce, where is your Ibra?!?!

Haha Yurt.

Thank you based secret agent Nocerino.

eX6bm.jpg

Really was a stupid penalty. Also, I really like Diamanti now since the world cup. And it has nothing to do with the penalty he scored against England. He really proved his quality to me. Still not WC, but really good.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
DJAMANTUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!! Diamanti beasting. Gotta say, I'm really enjoying watching Nocerino's return to mediocrity this season. Where's your Ibra now, sexy beast Noce, where is your Ibra?!?!
Who dived for their first penalty? Boateng?

Zabojnik

Haha Yurt.

Thank you based secret agent Nocerino.

eX6bm.jpg

Really was a stupid penalty. Also, I really like Diamanti now since the world cup. And it has nothing to do with the penalty he scored against England. He really proved his quality to me. Still not WC, but really good.

Yeah, Diamanti's been great. He always had the talent, but was inconsistent as all hell. Prandelli's call really boosted his confidence.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Lol what in the fuck? Pazzini was pulling the defender's shirt (it almost came off) and he gets a penalty?

Let's try that tomorrow!

Er... I obviously meant Euros. Oh well. Love how the BBC commentators called Diamanti a West Ham flop. Watched the match in a room full of English lads and we all just went on a tear about shitty commentators.

Edit: Yurt, and he fell after the Bologna defender was on the ground. It was really a terrible call.

Zabojnik

Lol what in the fuck? Pazzini was pulling the defender's shirt (it almost came off) and he gets a penalty?

Well, it is the second matchday of the season, Yurt. What were you expecting? If they want to beat last year's record, those pens better start coming.

Lightning

Banned
Why the fuck would he wish to be at Liverpool over Spurs?
He can't possibly. It's more likely that he desired Liverpool over Fulham but imo Spurs are definitely a step up from Liverpool and closer to the CL which is what Dempsey really wants.

Liverpool is a bigger club.
Lol no. They've got more recognition, higher status due to past sucess, but are quite a bit behind Spurs in terms of fighting for the top 4. If Dempsey wants CL football as he has claimed in the past Spurs are definitely the better option.

Zabojnik

Man, I've missed the banter. Fucking transfer season. I only wish we had more Interisti and Romanisti here. :( Timurid, I'm counting on you.

Liverpool is a bigger club.

Think koptimism has spread to you over the last years time, didn't you also predict Liverpool in top 4 last season? Liverpool isn't currently a bigger club, footballers usually don't really care that much about how good a club has once been. Even if Spurs has started like shit he got a way better chance at CL and actually ending in the top of the league than with Liverpool.

badinage, chaff, chaffing, chitchat, derision, dissing, exchange, fun, gossip, jeering, jesting, joking, joshing, kidding, mockery, persiflage, play, raillery, repartee, ribbing, ridicule, small talk

None of them really fit, except for dissing, and that word has nearly been deservedly smashed out of existence. I think we should start using 'badinage' and 'persiflage' though. maybe add a dash of 'raillery.'

Hixx

"But they were dealt a terrible blow by Taylor's injury after 16 minutes.

The Team GB left-back required prolonged treatment and was given oxygen as he received treatment on his ankle.

The home crowd were furious that Craig Gardner was not punished over the incident by referee Roger East, making his Premier League debut, but there appeared to be no malice from the Sunderland player." - Source: Sky Sports

Holy shit. Taylor jumped into to Gardner who had knocked the ball past him - it was completely and utterly 100% Taylor's "fault" - if any even has to be applied.

Kyoufu

Think koptimism has spread to you over the last years time, didn't you also predict Liverpool in top 4 last season? Liverpool isn't currently a bigger club, footballers usually don't really care that much about how good a club has once been.

I wasn't even here for the start of last season, and they were unbelievably shit so why would I predict them for top 4? :lol

Anyway, Liverpool are ahead of Tottenheim in everything but recent PL positions, which can be rectified given the fact that Liverpool have the money to compete.

Liverpool is naturally a bigger club thanks to history and worldwide fanbase.

http://www.haveyoueverseentottenhamwintheleague.com/

Next you'll tell me Man City are bigger than Man United

So Kyoufu, you think he plays with his heart in Liverpool because... Liverpool has won more trophies in their history? I would think a club that is willing to pay the few fucking millions for him and actually fight in the top would be better, Liverpool can go enjoy being a big club with Nottingham Forest.

Oh I thought it was for K-Pop for a while.

lol. There isn't much of a comparison between Liverpool and Nottingham Forest when measuring massiveness

Carbonox

http://www.nufcfans.co.uk/newcastle-rejected-two-bids-for-star-midfielder/?

Re: Cabaye;

According to the Telegraph journalist Luke Edwards, one approach came from Arsenal during the final weeks of the transfer window. The other club is unknown.

We’re also told that both offers were ‘derisory‘ and dismissed out of hand. Despite reported interest in Cheick Tiote, there was no firm bid from anyone.

So the only bids that came in were for Cabaye, not Tiote as most would have imagined. I'd reckon Man Utd was the other club who bid for Cabaye.

ShogunX

Think koptimism has spread to you over the last years time, didn't you also predict Liverpool in top 4 last season? Liverpool isn't currently a bigger club, footballers usually don't really care that much about how good a club has once been. Even if Spurs has started like shit he got a way better chance at CL and actually ending in the top of the league than with Liverpool.

It's not even debatable that Liverpool are a bigger club than Spurs. Sadly as we all know being a big club doesn't guarantee you success on the pitch nor does it gain you players who want to play in the best competitions. Football always moves in cycles and at this time Spurs are the more appealing team to play for but they are not a bigger club on the whole.

There is a difference in being an attractive club and a big club.

Kyoufu

So Kyoufu, you think he plays with his heart in Liverpool because... Liverpool has won more trophies in their history? I would think a club that is willing to pay the few fucking millions for him and actually fight in the top would be better, Liverpool can go enjoy being a big club with Nottingham Forest.

Oh I thought it was for K-Pop for a while.

So why did he go as far as going on strike to force a move to a club that Fulham tied points with last season?

And your Notts Forest comparison is hilarious dude. Hilarious! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom