• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why did he go as far as going on strike to force a move to a club that Fulham tied points with last season?

Are you that daft? Never said that any player would pick Fulham over Liverpool (even if they managed to tie on points last season). Reasons for your question :

1. Is a bigger club than Fulham
2. Much bigger chance of playing European football
3. Better wages

That does not mean he would not take Spurs or any other club that is currently doing much better than Liverpool over Liverpool.

Meier

You have a struggling manager who will be relying on a player whose heart is elsewhere.

That has disaster written all over it.

(I'm so negative)

He just wanted to leave Fulham this year since he'll be 30 soonish and this was one of his last chances at a nice move. LFC had showed interest in him and so he was receptive to the move but I don't think he had any ties to the club beyond that.

It's obvious that Spurs are ahead of LFC right now in the pecking order so I'm sure he's thrilled. Doesn't have to move either -- I was calling for Spurs to sign him most of the summer.. a very smart move by them.

So why did he go as far as going on strike to force a move to a club that Fulham tied points with last season?

Martin Jol admitted he was wrong when he said Clint would not play. It was Fulham's decision to sit him.

dc89

You can say what you want about De Jong but I fucking love him fooling around in the Inside City videos. Worth it for that alone

Yup he was awesome. Really funny guy and his Superbowl video with Lescott and Richards was awesome.

---

Denis Suarez tweeted this but quickly deleted it.

"Yesterday i said i was in the squad. But the squad is 20 players and two players who are left out. Thanks"

Feel a bit sorry for the lad really. He deserves his chance as he looks simply quality.

On Monday he will play against Liverpool in the U21 Premier League.

Kyoufu

Are you that daft? Never said that any player would pick Fulham over Liverpool (even if they managed to tie on points last season). Reasons for your question :

1. Is a bigger club than Fulham
2. Much bigger chance of playing European football
3. Better wages

That does not mean he would not take Spurs or any other club that is currently doing much better than Liverpool over Liverpool.

Our definitions of big/bigger are different so lets agree to disagree.

I will say though that I agree with one thing, if I wanted CL football it'd be a safer bet to join Tottenheim, but it wasn't that long ago when Liverpool won the competition itself.

It all depends on your definition. If your definition is based on recent form then fair enough.

Fergie said "he could definitely start" tomorrow with respect to Rio Ferdinand so that means we should now have 3 fit CB's.

Unfortunately we're without Evra and Young due to injury, wait a minute, that's not unfortunate at all.

Looking forwards to tomorrow. Want and feel like we need a big win.

Wilbur

Banned
Fergie said "he could definitely start" tomorrow with respect to Rio Ferdinand so that means we should now have 3 fit CB's.

Unfortunately we're without Evra and Young due to injury, wait a minute, that's not unfortunate at all.

Looking forwards to tomorrow. Want and feel like we need a big win.

Looking forward to a little piece of Bütt, some sexy Shinji-Robin link ups, some awful defending and a Ricky Lambert wonder goal before eventually winning 3-1

Wilbur

Banned
All you have to do is ask. :)

1341268150486kzkl7.gif

It's strange that by the virtue of being an ex-footballer you get such a leg-up in football punditry.

So many people who have never played the game have much better knowledge.

I really don't understand the obsession broadcasters have in having past players and managers on their show, especially when their grasp of the English language is no better than a 10 year old's. Their comments are as thought provoking as post match interviews. The salary that Lawrenson, Hansen and Linekar earn - for what they do - is scandalous.

For instance, earlier this morning Sky had someone who worked for Spurs in some backroom staff capacity on their show, where he was asked about the scenes at clubs during deadline transfer day, to give an insight for viewers. His response? Talks about the signing of Dempsey and Dembele. That pissed me off to no end

Stubo

So random question for you guys...Does anyone play FIFA on PC?

I've joined the master race recently so I was thinking I should probably pick up FIFA 13 on PC instead of console. Should I expect a reasonable jump in image quality and responsiveness compared to the console offerings, or is it a lazy port?

From what I've read it sounds like all the features are finally making the jump at least. Any impressions and opinions are welcome :)

We need Ray Hudson.
Messi scores a goal, this is how Ray Hudson describes it.

---

Brilliant!
Magic!
Aaaaaaaagh!
Absolute genius again
From Messi!
They tried
To kick him
They tried
To plow him into the ground
And what you do then?
You try to put
Fire out
With gasoline!
Don’t look for him
In the Xs and Os
He doesn’t live there.
He doesn’t live in
The tactical world
Or the technical world
He lives in the
Magnetic spectrum
Of genius.
You could corral him with
A dozen alligators
And still he’d weave
His way out.

---

Don't know the goal was like but it must have been pretty good :lol

I wonder what the BBC's justification is for hiring Crooks, Bright and Lawrenson, esecially having Lawrenson in such a prominent position. I don't think anybody likes them. At least Hansen has a majestic voice

"[Falcao] would have finished it off with half a dozen blindfolds on."

"Like a happily married couple, Messi washes, Kun Aguero dries."

Pieter Brown: What was it like, playing for the Strikers in those days? I mean it had to be exciting, the heyday of the NASL.
Ray Hudson: You remember that movie 2001: A Space Odyssey?
Pieter Brown: Yeah
Ray Hudson: That's what it was like.

“He could make an onion cry.”

"Magisterial from the X-Man and, of course, automaton Iniesta."

"There’ll be cannons to the left of [Racing], cannons to the right, and cannons in front of them."
Ray Hudson, Real Madrid v. Racing, 18 Feb 2012

"Better balance than a waiter..on a cruise ship"

0-1, Adrian. "Again, the one-footed, one-legged monster strikes. Be fearful of him -- that right leg. You could cut his left leg off completely. It's of no purpose to him. He could hop around that field and do the same kind of damage."

"Like a Jedi Knight.."

"Flamethrowers it past the goalkeeper"

"Majestical. Merciless like Kathy Bates in that movie...remember that movie?"

"They should name a constellation after him"

"He puts it on a silver altar..and he steals it like a thief in the night"

"A gift from the Gods. I'll go to the grave defending that man"

RaGe_pt

POOOOORTOOOOOOOOO!
We won 3.2! Great game with great goals! We suffered a bit at the end but survived and got the 3 points, mission acomplished! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom