• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

So... that guy you guys were calling Kermit, Roland Garros got banned. Looking through post history I can't see why. Was he actually Kermit ?

Seriously? If that was Kermit, he's pretty good at putting on an entirely different personality. Didn't act at all like Kermit did and I'm not just talking about starting spats and arguments, but in general. Also, day-time in Aus/Japan is usually where Kermit came on to do his most heinous work, and Roland has been pretty absent in those hours.

Soi-Fong

Someone decided to check his IP then.

Obsession with Liverpool and Salazar: check

Well, I understand banning him, but lol who here suggested he was Kermit? MODS prolly saw a red light on that and checked it out.

Roland was way different than the "kermit" who posted here before.

GorillaJu

My Mitsuru is so bad. :(

Still better then my Chie though.

Lol.. P4U is so fucking fun though. My Mitsuru is terribad, too. My win % is around 15%. Anyone who attacks me just exposes how terrible I am in defense. I'm the Arsenal of P4U.

P4 has been dominating my life. Currently in the 75th hour of playing P4 Golden on Vita... My characters/personae are almost max level but I am not even on the final dungeon. Still two other dungeons to go, and 4 months of storyline time.

GorillaJu

Hope Gervinho has another "aaaah, I have no impulse-control" game.

Arsenal players tend to do well at Liverpool. They're probably not used to actually hearing the crowd make any noise during games, so even the basic courtesy claps at Anfield is enough to fire them up.

Mumei

Unfortunately the stupid disk was scratched so it started skipping an intolerable amount after awhile. It lasted about an hour and a half before that happened, though.

Lol.. P4U is so fucking fun though. My Mitsuru is terribad, too. My win % is around 15%. Anyone who attacks me just exposes how terrible I am in defense. I'm the Arsenal of P4U.

P4 has been dominating my life. Currently in the 75th hour of playing P4 Golden on Vita... My characters/personae are almost max level but I am not even on the final dungeon. Still two other dungeons to go, and 4 months of storyline time.

I really want to play P4G but I don't really care to get a PSV beyond that. Sigh, decisions.

GorillaJu

Unfortunately the stupid disk was scratched so it started skipping an intolerable amount after awhile. It lasted about an hour and a half before that happened, though.

I really want to play P4G but I don't really care to get a PSV beyond that. Sigh, decisions.

My game of the year, Gravity Daze, is a PSV game, so I'm thrilled, personally. I think I've gotten more bang for my buck out of the PSV than any other system in memory in the first year of its release.

I'm a total Vita fanboy though, it must be said. Sony games have something special to me. I don't think I've felt dissatisfied with a single Sony-published game that I've bought in years. Resistance 2, maybe. Might not be fair to listen to my opinion on the matter.

Sloosha

My game of the year, Gravity Daze, is a PSV game, so I'm thrilled, personally. I think I've gotten more bang for my buck out of the PSV than any other system in memory in the first year of its release.

I'm a total Vita fanboy though, it must be said. Sony games have something special to me. I don't think I've felt dissatisfied with a single Sony-published game that I've bought in years. Resistance 2, maybe. Might not be fair to listen to my opinion on the matter.

Gravity Rush and P4G are the only reasons for me wanting a Vita atm. Perhaps Zero Escape as well.

GorillaJu

Gravity Rush and P4G are the only reasons for me wanting a Vita atm. Perhaps Zero Escape as well.

Zero Escape isn't all that great, in my opinion. Mutant Blob Attack, an $8 platformer, is a better game and a must-buy IMO.

Sound Shapes is a brilliant game but that's available on PS3.

Where most people give handhelds a knock because games are usually slightly condensed and not "full-fledged" like console games, I give them an advantage because unlike console games I can play them on the train to and from work every day, and during the inevitable lulls I have between job assignments, where I have nothing to do but sit in a coffee shop.

Thus I rate games a little higher. Sly Cooper on Vita excites me immensely, and I'm going to get Sony All Stars for sure, too. There are a few adventure games that aren't out in America, like Tokujouhoubu (NIS) but I haven't really tried any of them.

scently

Watch it happen.

ClevGod will cool his majestic/fragile heels on the bench.

I hope not. If there is one thing Cleverley needs its a long consistent run of games, and I think SAF knows this. If anything, it is likely to be a midfield of Cleverson again than that of Carrick and Cleverley as fatty needs a run of games too while Carrick has been rather consistent in performance for all of 2012.

dc89

Today is SAF's 1000th game in charge of United.

now freaking retire and leave them with no midfield and then we can watch the wheels fall off.

GorillaJu

No way the wheels would fall off, even without Ferguson. The whole structure at United is top notch. Some of the world's best coaches work there.

Salazar

Tottenham Hotspur's failure to sign Joao Moutinho on transfer deadline day was caused by a dispute over their principal transfer target's financial terms compounded by Porto's decision to increase their asking price a mere hour before Friday's window closed. The Portuguese champions are said to have "behaved very badly," according to a participant in the negotiations.

The transfer looked set to go through by mid-afternoon on Friday when Daniel Levy, the Tottenham chairman, agreed a transfer fee of €25 million plus a further €3m in performance-related variables. Moutinho, whose salary in Portugal is close to €2m net, then rejected the personal terms on offer at White Hart Lane, so Porto instructed the midfielder to fly to the Algarve for Saturday's league match at Olhanense.

Hope they've soured enough for us to swoop next time.

FootballFan

Yeah joking aside it's a remarkable feat and it will never be matched in my opinion.

Well you can never say never, Pep might come back
let me dream :(

Even if someone does beat his numbers in the future it really doesn't take away how much he put into his club. All the success, time and effort, it's crazy. It's going to be weird seeing someone else coaching Man United once SAF retires.

Choc

Banned
Steve Clarke must be manager of the month.

He didn't buy a 30 million midfielder, and has a perfect record. He simply must be MOTM.

sohois

Hope they've soured enough for us to swoop next time.

Porto behaved very badly? They're well within their rights to make any demands they wish, furthermore considering Levy's reputation as a negotiator he can hardly complain.

Steve Clarke must be manager of the month.

He didn't buy a 30 million midfielder, and has a perfect record. He simply must be MOTM.

I'm sure people were tipping Clarke for first manager to be sacked, WBA to be relegated, etc. at the start of the season, it's quite the turnaround in opinions.

I thought he was going to do well, very disappointed when he left Liverpool.

dc89

Sinclair 11, Garcia 14, Maicon 3, Nastasic 33, Wright 29.

Those are the new City players squad numbers.

3 used to be Bridge's number. So glad we've got him out on loan and he'll never come back!

Mastadon

Banned
I'm sure people were tipping Clarke for first manager to be sacked, WBA to be relegated, etc. at the start of the season, it's quite the turnaround in opinions.

I thought he was going to do well, very disappointed when he left Liverpool.

Understandable really. WBA isn't an easy place to go for your first management role. It could have gone horribly wrong.

Del Piero to Southampton rumoured again. If they get him in addition to Ramirez, I will be a newly-minted Saints fan, for at least as long as he is on their books.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Pretty much. Last-minute-merchant gets last-minute-fucked.

We really couldn't have done any more, they only agreed to a deal on deadline day and gave Levy a taste of his own medicine over the terms. I expect we will go back for him in January.

dc89

Interesting fact I saw on Twitter in regards to AC Milan.

Last nights starting lineup comprised of 10 Italians. Last time the team was that Italian was June 1995. Boateng was the only foreign player in the starting 11.

Anderson

Forgot how much I hate trains, on a overcrowded, delayed train to Liverpool from London and sitting on top of a broken toilet. Money well spent

Blablurn

i fucking hate those games on sundays :(

what i even more hate is the fact that we will have another two weeks break. for fucks sake. who cares about internationals.

A Bola is reporting that Anzhi is willing to pay €40 million to activate Axel Witsel's release clause from Benfica. Probably bullshit but from what I'm hearing in the russian press is that Anzhi is definitely not done yet in this transfer window. Wouldn't shock me to see them toss a giant bid at Falcao either.

I'm getting jealous to be honest. We have the money too but apparently "we don't want to overpay" for players. With that attitude we'll probably end up getting nobody.

FootballFan

A Bola is reporting that Anzhi is willing to pay €40 million to activate Axel Witsel's release clause from Benfica. Probably bullshit but from what I'm hearing in the russian press is that Anzhi is definitely not done yet in this transfer window.

I'm getting jealous to be honest. We have the money too but apparently "we don't want to overpay" for players. With that attitude we'll probably end up getting nobody.

How's Lokomotiv doing in the transfer window? I know they got N'Doye and Corluka, anyone else? I use them on FIFA every now and then. Loskov is a beast even though he is like 37 :lol

How's Lokomotiv doing in the transfer window? I know they got N'Doye and Corluka, anyone else? I use them on FIFA every now and then. Loskov is a beast even though he is like 37 :lol

They got Samedov from Dinamo Moscow who was last season's russian league leader in assists and chances created and a goalie from PAOK.

Oh man, my dad says Loskov was a huge beast in the mid to late 90s, lol.

Gambit

i fucking hate those games on sundays :(

what i even more hate is the fact that we will have another two weeks break. for fucks sake. who cares about internationals.

So true.

Sunday games mess with my schedule and international games are a complete waste at this point in time.

Still, want to see Martinez for a few mins today.

Blablurn

So true.

Sunday games mess with my schedule and international games are a complete waste at this point in time.

Still, want to see Martinez for a few mins today.

A1xtcTeCMAARM5-.jpg

TODAY IS HIS BIRTHDAY!

Wessiej

12:30 Man City - QPR
14:30 Liverpool - Arsenal
14:30 PSV - AZ
16:30 Heerenveen - Ajax
20:00 Barcelona - Valencia
22:00 Real Madrid - Granada

My to-do list for today :p

Status
Not open for further replies.