• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

Man'd up (wasp flew out the room on its own :lol) the wasps out, someone else's problem now. Spider won't last long.

Damn footy-Gafs felt some bad pain. Keep safe guys :)

---------------------------------------------------------

A RVP hatrick tomorrow will make me feel very good. Hope Fagie will play Nani ahead of Welbs on the left.

Salazar

Zipper accident aged 6.

My big accident as a young lad was plummeting down an attic ladder on holiday. My brother was allowed to stay up there because he was responsible enough to negotiate the fact that there was a big fucking hole over a 3-4 metre drop in the middle of the room. I demonstrated the validity of this line of thinking when I went arse-first down it. No broken bones, just severe concussion and phenomenal bruising.

Friedel had a pretty fucking boss game too.

I'm sure I've shared before, but this was from the third time I broke my forearm...

0006.jpg

0004.jpg

How does one break their forearm 3 times?
1) BMX. Hit tamp, bar spin, wheel didn't land perfectly straight, over the handle bars, knocked out briefly and broken arm.

2) Fall. Arm was just weak from the first break and I fell on it awkwardly whilst fucking about in school.

3) Weak from the previous two breaks. This time on a skateboard, came off, arm snapped, bone protruded, blood everywhere, rushed to surgery, and now the proud owner of two huge scars and two huge metal plates.

Worst thing about this was it was a few years after I stopped skating. I had spent years jumping moderate sets of steps, doing kickflips, heelflips and all the rest of it. Then after a few years, I just pulled it out of the boot of the car for a wee rip, and done myself in doing a measly ollie over a little foot and a half curb stone.

Messi

1) BMX. Hit tamp, bar spin, wheel didn't land perfectly straight, over the handle bars, knocked out briefly and broken arm.

2) Fall. Arm was just weak from the first break and I fell on it awkwardly whilst fucking about in school.

3) Weak from the previous two breaks. This time on a skateboard, came off, arm snapped, bone protruded, blood everywhere, rushed to surgery, and now the proud owner of two huge scars and two huge metal plates.

Worst thing about this was it was a few years after I stopped skating. I had spent years jumping moderate sets of steps, doing kickflips, heelflips and all the rest of it. Then after a few years, I just pulled it out of the boot of the car for a wee rip, and done myself in doing a measly ollie over a little foot and a half curb stone.

Wow, thats pretty crazy. So the first break pretty much fucked your arm for the other 2 breaks.

Wow, thats pretty crazy. So the first break pretty much fucked your arm for the other 2 breaks.
Yup. My understanding is that it should be plenty sturdy with the plates in. I was offered to have them taken out, but I really couldn't be bothered to go though the surgery and stay in hospital for a few days. One of them is really close to the skin surface so it can be felt really easily. The only bad thing is that if you bang it on something it is immensely sensitive.

FuturusX

[Nostalgia - it's delicate, but potent. Teddy told me that in Greek, "nostalgia" literally means "the pain from an old wound." It's a twinge in your heart far more powerful than memory alone. This device isn't a spaceship, it's a time machine. It goes backwards, and forwards... it takes us to a place where we ache to go again. It's not called the wheel, it's called the carousel. It let's us travel the way a child travels - around and around, and back home again, to a place where we know are loved.

-Don Draper

I haven't been able to get into Mad Men; I find all the depravity to be completely banal. Breaking Bad on the other hand, is pure quality.

Saw City v QPR. The latter weren't too bad and I think they'll find enough wins to stay up.

I haven't been able to get into Mad Men; I find all the depravity to be completely banal.

Not to argue that you should love the show or anything, but that is hardly what the show is about or the main attraction of the show. The sophisticated writing of both characters and their story arcs is just fantastic.

Not to argue that you should love the show or anything, but that is hardly what the show is about or the main attraction of the show. The sophisticated writing of both characters and story arcs is just fantastic.

No, I get and see that part of it, it's just that the constant bleh of each characters lives tires me out. It's purely a personal thing: I've enjoyed shows that have featured just as much if not more of that (i.e. The Wire, Rome) than Mad Men does.

FuturusX

Man, I'm watching Mad Men on Netflix since like 2-3 weeks ago and I love it. I'm on season 3 right now.

My absolute favourite show right now...stunning. Between this and The Wire...television as a medium has been redeemed for me.

I'll also mention Treme...but the people are not ready for that show yet...in a few years they'll wonder what they were thinking.

elsk

Banned
Canales will be better than Modric. (if injuries let him :/)
Who is Borja García?

edit: Carvajal did very well with Neverkusen.

Soi-Fong

He can't join Real Madrid, at least not directly from Atlético de Madrid. They have an agreement of not buying players from each other. That's why Real Madrid didn't sign Aguero.

I'd say Juventus, but pretty sure they can't afford him.

I can see the two clubs with sugardaddies (Chelsea and City) in the PL battling it out for his signature next year or PSG which I don't doubt they can put out a mega-bid.

Athletico is gonna overcharge like crazy on whichever club ends up getting him.

Anyway, saw the gameplay for MGS Ground Zeroes and I thought at least graphics wise, graphics were ok. I've been spoiled by PC gaming. lol

elsk

Banned
Yeah, Juventus would be the perfect place for him. I think they can afford him, but they somehow will manage to make the transfer fail.

GorillaJu

Falcao is ok but not quite good enough for the PL. Maybe a lower team like QPR or Southampton.

Don't care at all about Ground Zeroes graphics. They look fine to me. MGS games are stylish as fuck and that's what makes them look good. I don't give a rats ass about resolution and texture quality, especially when the subject matter is arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom