• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soi-Fong

A League ?

Stick him in MLS.

Defenders will be crying home to their mommies.

Edit: Just saw this gif in a Versus XIII thread. Soo funny..

i74P01UdDwr4Y.gif

elsk

Banned

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Falcao is ok but not quite good enough for the PL. Maybe a lower team like QPR or Southampton.

Don't care at all about Ground Zeroes graphics. They look fine to me. MGS games are stylish as fuck and that's what makes them look good. I don't give a rats ass about resolution and texture quality, especially when the subject matter is arse.

not quite clint dempsey

Fëanor

I would like to hear why you support Bayern. I don't support teams unless a player of my country plays there.

Edit: Italian teams are the only exception, love Juventus.

Soi-Fong

Fëanor;41667034 said:
I would like to hear why you support Bayern. I don't support teams unless a player of my country plays there.

Edit: Italian teams are the only exception, love Juventus.

lol If I went by this requirement, I'd have to support Spurs since I'm American. haha Well, Asian-American.

But I'm indifferent to Spurs or even the USMNT. The USWMNT on the other hand... Alex Morgan is something else and she's a pretty good footballer to boot.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'll (finally, had it for a year or so!) get on that as soon as I'm over with Sleeping Dogs, which I'm finding to be just okay. It's a really by the numbers open-world action game. Thought it would be ... different, somehow.
You fell for the hype? All the open-world action games are the same, except for Just Cause 2, maybe. It gets old fast though.

I'd say Juventus, but pretty sure they can't afford him.

I know it looks like we can't afford players like him, but we can. Marotta just can't justifiy spending that much on one player, he's too much of a coward. We spent 50M+ this transfer window, on depth it seems.

Blablurn

Stick him in MLS.

Defenders will be crying home to their mommies.

Edit: Just saw this gif in a Versus XIII thread. Soo funny..

i74P01UdDwr4Y.gif

lol

Honestly I wish Falcao went to Bayern.

agreed

"Martínez is of course not worth (€40m)," admitted Hoeness in FAZ, "but that's the sum we had to pay due to his contractual release clause. His normal worth is perhaps €20m, €25m."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...9/01/bayern-martinez/index.html#ixzz25HoqyMuk

why not go for someone else?

we bought him for the future. he is a type of player we are lacking. hell, ronaldo isn't worth 90m either. many players are not worth the price.

Lightning

Banned
A part of me wonders if Spurs wont regret the decision to axe Redknapp. Going to be a very interesting season for them.

I like AVB and wish him all the best but I still wonder what Redknapp done to get the sack because he got results.

Zabojnik

You fell for the hype? All the open-world action games are the same, except for Just Cause 2, maybe. It gets old fast though.

The setting appealed to me and it's been a long time since I've last played a 'classic' sandbox game, so I took the bait. :p It's not a bad game by any means, just the same old shit in different cloathing. I think crazy games like JC2 are the only open-world action games I can still stomach. Wish they'd announce Just Cause 3 already.

I know it looks like we can't afford players like him, but we can. Marotta just can't justifiy spending that much on one player, he's too much of a coward. We spent 50M+ this transfer window, on depth it seems.

Next year, Yurt, next year. You'll see. Marotta will come through
the door of Agnelli's office and hand in his resignation.

Mumei

All good choices except the United one haha, we were pretty average that season. World Cup ones will be great to watch.

I am watching the Manchester one first, then. Save the best for last.

(And regardless, contextualizing club history, even if it is one average season, makes it more interesting to me.)

Edit: Though I now understand the talk about Rooney's English. Good Lord.

Soi-Fong

The setting appealed to me and it's been a long time since I've last played a 'classic' sandbox game, so I took the bait. :p It's not a bad game by any means, just the same old shit in different cloathing. I think crazy games like JC2 are the only open-world action games I can still stomach. Wish they'd announce Just Cause 3 already.

Next year, Yurt, next year. You'll see. Marotta will come through
the door of Agnelli's office and hand in his resignation.

I really want to buy a Juventus shirt just for the hell of it, but I know I'm immediately gonna look like a referee from American football once I step into class just because. lol

I feel disconnected whenever Football GAF talks about games. I've lost interest in playing them. I used to only use Gaming GAF, but moved to OT,and now only post about Football.

Soi-Fong

That's probably true for a good 60% of Footy-GAF, I reckon.

Pretty much the same for me, though I still look at the Gaming forum from time to time and remain active in the Off-topic discussions.

Whenever new games pop up, then I post in the gaming forum. lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I feel disconnected whenever Football GAF talks about games. I've lost interest in playing them. I used to only use Gaming GAF, but moved to OT,and now only post about Football.

I'm in the same boat, but that doesn't stop me from sharing my (often misguided) opinion. :p

Soi-Fong

I think it's because football is a continuous interest for us as well as having frequent posters who you, well I guess "get to know."

In the gaming threads, it's usually people going gaga over a new game and you get absorbed into the hype and then the game comes out and once you finish it or whatever, that "community" sorta breaks down and moves on to the next thing.

Football on the other hand remains "constant." At least for us, we just won't move on to the next thing or whatever.

Edit: I should boot out of the US. Romney's a **** and Obama's not much better either... Crap!

FootballFan

So... that guy you guys were calling Kermit, Roland Garros got banned. Looking through post history I can't see why. Was he actually Kermit ?

Soi-Fong

So... that guy you guys were calling Kermit, Roland Garros got banned. Looking through post history I can't see why. Was he actually Kermit ?

Oh shit. Really? I thought people were joking that he was kermit.

Maybe he was then if nothing in his post history suggests anything he could have been banned for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom