• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
Why doesn't Giroud go a bit deeper to get the ball from time to time?
Lacking a bit of confidence. Going straight into arsenal and being asked to be RVP after his last seasons form is a tough ask. Pisses me off because arsenal fans will put him under more pressure than needed.

madmackem

The way the law is now you cant be off the floor like that as it means you arnt in full control of your body, and you cant have studs up like that. If that was a lesser player at a lesser side the ref wouldve pulled him up.

It's a fucking perfect tackle, got the ball 100%.

Stop whinging because it's Liverpool and specifically Gerrard, if that was one of your players in a local derby you'd be lapping it up because of the ferocity. Football's a physical sport.

Problem is rules is rules and these days you are lucky to get away with flying in off the ground even if you win the ball

Class by Allen just then

Choc

Banned
One of the stupidest posts I've ever witnessed.

Lunging, studs up, out of control

under the rules there is no difference.

of course there is a difference, but under the current directives from FIFA, there is no difference. That said i wouldn't have sent Gerrard off. I'm not stupid

Was just pooping but that really depends : Was it on Suarez?
Article 7, subsection 6(c) says that in those cases of reckless challenges where the player has acted with complete disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, his opponent, the referee can waive the caution if it is discovered that the intended target of the reckless challenge was Luis Suarez.

Choc

Banned
Was the football that did that, these moronic interpretations of tackling are added zest.

Go do the referees course, referee for 7 years, get nationally accredited in your home country and perform a test every year like I do.

then you may have some grasp of the rules of the game today....

edit: i personally think every football commentator should be forced to sit the referees course. Then they might actually have something smart to say sometimes about decisions.

but again i wouldn't have sent Gerrard off....

What i will say thoguh is my assesor wouldnt have thought it unwarranted if i did.

Garjon

Goddamnit that was a free header there. Awful set-piece defending once again.

Just blow for full time ref. No way we're making our way back from this at this rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom