• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
Arsenal have been alright today, defensively excellent (although it's not as if we're that good at attacking).

They've had less of the ball than I thought they would.
We've got a shitton to work on as well. Giroud has got to start scoring, only that will raise his confidence and our passing has been sloppy at times. We want to play like Barca but we can't pass the ball like Barca.

G17

Bosscielny: Arsenal's Best Defender. Glad to have him back though Mertesacker has always given us composure at the back.

Clegg

De Gea is on the bench.

WTF is Fergie thinking??

Start him while we have a patchwork defence but drop him when our defenders are back.

nemesun

We've got a shitton to work on as well. Giroud has got to start scoring, only that will raise his confidence and our passing has been sloppy at times. We want to play like Barca but we can't pass the ball like Barca.

hear, hear. That miss was shocking; fans will be on his back in no time.

LegoArmo

De Gea is on the bench.

WTF is Fergie thinking??

Start him while we have a patchwork defence but drop him when our defenders are back.

Really not a good idea. The game should be comfortable anyway, but it wouldn't have been a worry for De Gea.

kharma45

De Gea is on the bench.

WTF is Fergie thinking??

He could well have a small injury we don't know about and there'd be no point in risking him.

It's not as if we've stuck Bebe in nets.

TeegsD

I hope we take control of that game early on and get a comfortable scoreline going, want to see Powell get some time in today.

dc89

Holy shit.

Di Canio has seen enough and subbed the keeper 22 minutes into the game.

Keeper goes ape shit at him and boots all the water bottles.

2-0 to PNE.

Tegris

I'm going to put as much effort into my post-match summary as the amount of fight we showed after going a goal down:

Allen and Sterling good, others wasteful and lacking concentration.

Woodenlung! Atiba scored again!!

Aww yeah, happy for that guy. It was actually his fault that Mathias Jørgensen got his debut here to begin with, when he gave away the balls to a Lens player and forced another defender out in a red card. Jørgensen had only just turned 17 but was bossing the defense with Hangeland.

PowderedToast

Shelvy is such a weird looking guy

he reminds me of billy corgan.

very disappointed with liverpool today. rodgers needs to try 4-4-1-1 or something, borini has to play the centre or there's no point in him being there. we just have no goal threat.

impressed by shelvey though.

vall03

well, thats it, first Arsenal win of the season. Surprisingly good today especially Diaby and Cazorla. While defense still has a lot to improve on, we've been solid and haven't conceded a goal, Manonne isn't half bad either. For Liverpool, Sterling is good but the other players...

Mastadon

Banned
Sobering, but not a completely unexpected. It was always going to take time I suppose, the Man City game just gave me some false confidence.

Anything less than a win against Sunderland will be worrying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom