• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShogunX

Back from the match and not angry or overly disappointed because Arsenal were superb and gave us a footballing lesson. Quality display from Diaby, Arteta and Cazorla and a few early chances aside we cant talk about what could of been.

One thing I will say though is that Giroud is not an Arsenal player. At the moment he adds little to the team and Arsenal's best moment came when playing around him rather than off him. Long way to go and a lot of work to do.

Brinbe

Depressing... I think I can safely say that it's not all on the players. The tactics are holding us back and that's a real problem.

Longball after longball, how many of them have actually connected, aside from that one Carrick ball in the first half?

i wish the midfield would stop just passing it along the line and actually go for it a bit more.

considering it's the 86th fucking minute

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Nah, I meant that Euro team that's also partnered with Red Bull. It's probably the first time I've seen someone root for a team because of their shirt sponsor.

I don't root for the Red Bulls b/c of their shirt sponsor. I root for them b/c they are my local team. They used to be the New York/New Jersey MetroStars, then just MetroStars, then they were sold to Red Bull GmbH in 2006, which caused alot of upheaval among supporters.

I am not a FC Red Bull Salzburg supporter.

ARGH. Fuckin' Van Pursie.

Bo-Locks

Even if we had that DM, we wouldn't press anyway. Useless longballs/crosses and conservative approach to the press in both attack/defending. It's like anti-Barca in its totality.

But Keane and Robson almost literally dragged the rest of the team over the line at times like this. I don't think that it's nostalgia to say that they were two of the best captains ever. But money can't buy that sort of stuff, so I suppose that you're right :/

Wilbur

Banned
United on 3 points after 3 games would be a disaster

Even with all the season to go you don't want a 4 / 6 point gap with the top two

Yep, two away defeats in two games is pretty wank. Was optimistic before the season started but we need to fucking sort this out quick.

nemesun

Back from the match and not angry or overly disappointed because Arsenal were superb and gave us a footballing lesson. Quality display from Diaby, Arteta and Cazorla and a few early chances aside we cant talk about what could of been.

One thing I will say though is that Giroud is not an Arsenal player. At the moment he adds little to the team and Arsenal's best moment came when playing around him rather than off him. Long way to go and a lot of work to do.

I reckon Giroud will find his own, and as you pointed out its early days; you can't judge a player after 3 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom