• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShogunX

Oh god Man Utd won? Just had a glance expecting 2-2 only to see a hat trick for Van Persie.

Fuck this. See you in a few days. Vomit.

Blablurn

MARTINEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ COMING ON

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERN

Brinbe

We've become Arsenal. Goddamnit, now RVP has to carry us.

Worthless defense and worthless midfield. Playing Welbeck out of position on the left again, WTF is Fergie doing? And how many times do we have to watch Evra fuck up before he gets benched? And when are we going to learn to trust our young players and not fall back on Scholes/Giggs every goddamn time we need a lifeline. And Carrick. Goddamnit, Carrick. Utterly worthless in midfield today and Cleverley was the one who gets subbed?

Sums up most of my feelings too. Carrick in particular was absolutely dreadful. And if we're not gonna bother to ever press, at least get Clev/Ando in midfield with Kagawa in the hole in a more advanced role, to give us some energy and life in there.

We should be seeing a better result from the quality of players we have, and to see us constantly struggle has to be on the coaching/training staff and our tactics, there's no other way to put it. Even Keano in his prime would've looked like shit with the way we constantly play off the opposition.

Hieberrr

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERN

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Wilbur

Banned
We could all write the script for United games. Does my balls in.

Must be great for their fans. But fuck me.

It isn't. It used to be but days like this are few and far between nowadays; I don't really think we have the spirit to come back like this most times now. We just took advantage of a newly promoted team's naivety. If it was Stoke or indeed Everton, I really don't have much hope.

RVP is so humble and modest, scored a hat trick and won the game but still sweating over the penalty miss.

I love you Robin Van Perfect <3

Liverpool are in the bottom three.

*Violins - Nearer my God to thee*

Also, what is it with teams and not pressuring Scholes? Kick the fuck out him and get him off the ball. Every time he got the ball he had so much time and space to dictate. It's astounding the players on the pitch don't stay tight to him.

Blablurn

474119_527215900628439_1479769732_o.jpg

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
this performance is why i both love and hate being a United fan, i know people say "oh youll always score" but its always so unexpected, especially when we play so badly.

Blackhead

Redarse
The thread gets really confusing when Sunhi isn't around to post gifs. There was a brief period there when I thought Man Utd was losing 6-1 lol. When there are multiple games on at the same time could posters do the courtesy of mentioning the game e.g.
byr - stu
Gooalll

Or
sut - man
How did he miss that?!

Maybe an interesting point, why did Rodgers refuse to work with a DoF when he's apparently incapable of orchestrating our transfers to an acceptable degree while the season's going?

kitch9

Banned
We've become Arsenal. Goddamnit, now RVP has to carry us.

Worthless defense and worthless midfield. Playing Welbeck out of position on the left again, WTF is Fergie doing? And how many times do we have to watch Evra fuck up before he gets benched? And when are we going to learn to trust our young players and not fall back on Scholes/Giggs every goddamn time we need a lifeline. And Carrick. Goddamnit, Carrick. Utterly worthless in midfield today and Cleverley was the one who gets subbed?

You do know Utd won yes? Utd never start to peak until January, don't sweat it.

ElyrionX

Firstly, great to see us comeback again and have RVP score four goals in three appearances already. Brilliant.

Now, the tactical switch to 442 was necessary and did the trick. But there's no point setting up tactically for slick fast-moving football if there's no commitment on the pitch to that vision, as it is supposedly put into practice. The whole team was at fault - always dithering, sloppy passing, cowardly passing - in sum, brittle under pressure. Shinji and Cleverley weren't the problems, although Schneiderlin almost marked the former entirely out of the game.

Carrick's harmless long-balls into RVP at the death captured the inadequacy of our penetration and the break-down of our short-passing game. Fergie needs to have a word with some of the players about static passing and lethargic movement off-the-ball. Maybe Anderson-Cleverley leaves us more fragile at the back, but we can't rely on Scholes forever and at least we tend to score more goals than the other team - ah, with less heart-attacks.

Hahaha. :(

The problem is that Carrick and Scholes have practically zero off the ball movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom