• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegoArmo

Hopefully Ferguson learnt something from this match. This will sound crazy, but Anderson has to start in midfield. He's the only player we have with any meat on him!

Salvadora

Missed the second half of the match but hearing United won 3-2? How was the performance in the second half because the first was shite.

Soi-Fong

You know what RVP was godly, but fuck this game! We need to improve massively. We falter under pressure and we have to learn to press a bit more.

Wilbur

Banned
Sounds like we didn't deserve it. Sorry Southampton, I really am rooting for you guys. I also don't like the sound of us being a one man team...

But fucking hell my reservations about RVP are going out the window. He's peaked late and my god his best years seem to be now.

Zabojnik

"it means that he didn't have anything to close control of it and might not have reached it at all and thus that giving a red card was moronic."

Or maybe he could've reached it? Anyway, I though you were contesting the penalty per se.

Much better from Giovinco today, but you can see he's playing under pressure. He needs to chill, he doesn't have to prove it all in a single match. He'll get his chances with Conte, of that I'm sure and he should be too.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Missed the second half of the match but hearing United won 3-2? How was the performance in the second half because the first was shite.

It was shite but Southampton didn't even try for the last 20 minutes so it was inevitable really. We're just not good enough to Chelsea our way to victory.

dschalter

"it means that he didn't have anything to close control of it and might not have reached it at all and thus that giving a red card was moronic."

Or maybe he could've reached it? Anyway, I though you were contesting the penalty per se.

Much better from Giovinco today, but you can see he's playing under pressure. He needs to chill, he doesn't have to prove it all in a single match. He'll get his chances with Conte, of that I'm sure of and he should be too.

on replay, the penalty was fine, i was initially unsure.

the red card still seems quite absurd.

K1LLER7

Hopefully Ferguson learnt something from this match. This will sound crazy, but Anderson has to start in midfield. He's the only player we have with any meat on him!
Scholes was great when he came on. Can't believe we still have to rely on him to come in and dictate games.

Agree Anderson should play, as should Nani on the left.

doicare

Deserved win.
sLZ06.jpg

ElyrionX

We've become Arsenal. Goddamnit, now RVP has to carry us.

Worthless defense and worthless midfield. Playing Welbeck out of position on the left again, WTF is Fergie doing? And how many times do we have to watch Evra fuck up before he gets benched? And when are we going to learn to trust our young players and not fall back on Scholes/Giggs every goddamn time we need a lifeline. And Carrick. Goddamnit, Carrick. Utterly worthless in midfield today and Cleverley was the one who gets subbed?

Salvadora

It was shite but Southampton didn't even try for the last 20 minutes so it was inevitable really. We're just not good enough to Chelsea our way to victory.

Serious questions need to be asked then. City haven't looked that good but United won't win anything if they keep playing the way they have been.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Much better from Giovinco today, but you can see he's playing under pressure. He needs to chill, he doesn't have to prove it all in a single match. He'll get his chances with Conte, of that I'm sure of and he should be too.

Case closed.

-

I'm liking Gio, not as selfish this time around.

Zabojnik

on replay, the penalty was fine, i was initially unsure.

the red card still seems quite absurd.

I'll have to see some replays to see where exactly the ball was going. But let me go in record saying that I've always thought red card + penalty was a retarded football rule, especially when it's the keeper making the foul and not the last defender (well, technically the keeper *is* the last defender). A penalty is punishment enough, no need to ruin a perfectly good match. Still, it's a rule.

Firstly, great to see us comeback again and have RVP score four goals in three appearances already. Brilliant.

Now, the tactical switch to 442 was necessary and did the trick. But there's no point setting up tactically for slick fast-moving football if there's no commitment on the pitch to that vision, as it is supposedly put into practice. The whole team was at fault - always dithering, sloppy passing, cowardly passing - in sum, brittle under pressure. Shinji and Cleverley weren't the problems, although Schneiderlin almost marked the former entirely out of the game.

Carrick's harmless long-balls into RVP at the death captured the inadequacy of our penetration and the break-down of our short-passing game. Fergie needs to have a word with some of the players about static passing and lethargic movement off-the-ball. Maybe Anderson-Cleverley leaves us more fragile at the back, but we can't rely on Scholes forever and at least we tend to score more goals than the other team - ah, with less heart-attacks.

HOLY FUCK

We're Arsenal. We're fucking Arsenal.

How.

This fucking team. I hate them.

Hahaha. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom