• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Pretty cool animals having their dick on their face

Oh indeed!

2wXTg.jpg

Arnie

Nah. I talked about my winnings earlier.

Sorry, I went into a post match depression. Walked to the shop (in my Liverpool shirt) at the end of my road to buy a red bull and the shop owner started singing some improvised Podolski song at me that was, if anything, unintentionally embarrassing for himself.

Just dropped my money on the counter and huffed out with my drink; didn't mean to be so blatantly miffed but my hangover was still in full effect so I wasn't prepared for social subtleties.

Went over a couple of times today like he was shot. Not surprised to see refs ignore shouts for penalties/fouls.

It was blatant. If he dives, book him for diving. Don't get on with the game and then deny him a legitimate free kick/penalty as some form of petty revenge. Not that Webb is that kind of ref. He's just shit

Salvadora

It was blatant. If he dives, book him for diving. Don't get on with the game and then deny him a legitimate free kick/penalty as some form of petty revenge.

Oh I don't deny that it could have been given but I'm constantly surprised that Suarez has the cheek to keep acting.

What does that have to do with him not getting a penalty when it should have been one?
I'm bringing it up in regards to him not getting it.

Labadal

Thread is moving insanely fast, but I just wanted to say that I felt like facepalming through the entire game today. Arsenal never had to fear our offense. We looked so nonlethal. 3 games in the league and no goals from open play. Defense looking shaky and we could barely beat Hearts, who lost today, fyi. I don't know what's going on anymore. We got rid of offensive players and decided not to replace them with good enough players. Sterling and Shelvey were the ones that impressed me the most today. Allen was also good, but he's not an offensive player. Borini should not be on the wing, wich we have figured out by now, and we should have had a striker on the bench, youngster or not. We can only dream of the 6th place I predicted in pre-season.

We are lacking movement and creativity, and there are barely any options when we're attacking. It doesn't feel like we'll do anything worthwhile in attack, and according to OPTA, we have the worst shots on target ratio. The international break is well needed, and I hope we can do something to improve our situation. I know this is a period of transition, but so was the Hodgson and dalglish periods. despite our poor start (worst in 50 years), I hope we keep Rodgers, just for the sake of "stability". Give him 2-3 years, and we'll see what happens, I guess.

Oh, and do whatever you can to bring Drogba to Liverpool. Give him a £200k salary, give him whatever he wants, just sign him up.

Oh I don't deny that it could have been given but I'm constantly surprised that Suarez has the cheek to keep acting.

He keeps acting because he's a JT. Its shite justification for us being denied penalties though, when the correct course of action is very obviously in the rulebook. He dives, you book him. He's fouled, you give us a free kick. End of. Reputation should have nothing to do with it

Salvadora

He keeps acting because he's a JT. Its shite justification for us being denied penalties though, when the correct course of action is very obviously in the rulebook. He dives you book him. He's fouled, you give us a free kick. End of

I'm not trying to justify not giving a penalty I'm just saying considering his behaviour it's not surprising refs are not buying it.

Arnie

Arsene Wanger (yes, I stole that from the same place you likely saw the photo, you bantersaurus)

I'm not too worried about Liverpool, strangely. I feel we're a work in progress, and I like what Rodgers is trying to do with the team, as I like his signings. I think we haven't been as bad as our points tally suggests, and we've had tough fixtures. It's always going to take time, I'd rather have a trial by fire, drill the mistakes and polish the style and structure against bigger teams, and then hopefully the results will come.

Rodgers is brilliant, he just needs time. A week ago we were unlucky to not beat the league champions, now everyone's panicking because we were beaten by a decent Arsenal team. In my opinion people need to chill a bit and let the international break do it's work, we've had a rough few days with the transfer window and now this, and it's all combining and escalating to a nonsensical degree.

Lightning

Banned
What does that have to do with him not getting a penalty when it should have been one?
That would have been a very soft penalty. I've seen them given but those kind of calls can go for you or against you and neither side will be happy because it would have been soft and Suarez tumbles far too easily.

rodvik

That would have been a very soft penalty. I've seen them given but those kind of calls can go for you or against you and neither side will be happy because it would have been soft and Suarez tumbles far too easily.

Suarez is the boy who cried wolf. Its so stupid of him. He missed out on some genuine calls today because (imho) he dives all the time and officials have a hard time figuring out which is which.

Such a great player, he doesnt need to do that shit. In fact it diminishes him.

dc89

Well guys I went to PNE earlier, took my GF's nephew who is a fan. It was a great game, they ran out 4-1 winners in the end. First league win of the season.

Highlights:

Di Canio subbing the keeper after 22 minutes as Swindon were 2-0 down. He was yelling at the keeper as he trudged off towards the tunnel and the keeper reacted by kicking a water bottle. PNE fans were then singing 'your getting subbed in a minute' to the replacement keeper.

PNE have a player called Amoo. He'd be awesome upfront with Ba.

Following Graham Westley's method of texting players telling them not to show up for training PNE fans were singing 'he texts who he wants, he texts who he wants, he's Graham Westley, he texts who he wants.' I laughed.

For £15 I was pretty well entertained and PNE scored a good range of goals, one was a screamer from out of the area.

Got a few pics I'll upload soon! Nothing beats live football at a ground even if it's not your team!

Then I went to Preston Guild which is like a celebration in the local park. So I've only just got in!

Salvadora

Sal: Your thoughts on Giroud?
One thing that strikes me is his complete lack of pace, you'd honestly think he was 10 years older. People were talking about his aerial ability but I can't remember him winning anything which was disappointing. That missed chance was unfortunate but I saw some great movement so I won't jump in with people here and call him the next Chamakh. I'd love to see him work a bit harder to be honest as it didn't look like he even worked up a sweat at times.

Well guys I went to PNE earlier, took my GF's nephew who is a fan. It was a great game, they ran out 4-1 winners in the end. First league win of the season.

Highlights:

Di Canio subbing the keeper after 22 minutes as Swindon were 2-0 down. He was yelling at the keeper as he trudged off towards the tunnel and the keeper reacted by kicking a water bottle. PNE fans were then singing 'your getting subbed in a minute' to the replacement keeper.

For £15 I was pretty well entertained and PNE scored a good range of goals, one was a screamer from out of the area.

Got a few pics I'll upload soon! Nothing beats live football at a ground even if it's not your team!

Then I went to Preston Guild which is like a celebration in the local park. So I've only just got in!

Amoo was released by Liverpool recently

Arnie

Ex Liverpool, a few people requested a scouting report when they signed him.
Moor park, across from Deepdale, or Avenham?

There's some shit going on in Avenham now, my mum and step dad are about to walk down (live about 10 minutes away) but I can't be arsed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom