• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

raphael honigstein
‏@honigstein
v.g. friend of mine had dinner with Arsene Wenger 2-3 years ago. asked him which player he rated most highly in his squad. answer: Diaby

Cesc would get a standing ovation. I would love to see him return just for that. I was there when Eduardo came back and the entire ground chanting for him. The announcer: "Shakhtar Donetsk goal scorer.." and then the crowd scream out his name. Imagine the reaction Fabregas would get.

Talking about receptions, I'd pay to see the United game just to boo the shit out of that traitor. Hopefully the combined hate in the ground would see him lose 100 HP, and his damage go down 50 points

That was an amazing match.

Wilshere was best player on the pitch that night. There are highlights of that match on YouTube. I watch it on my birthday

raphael honigstein
‏@honigstein
v.g. friend of mine had dinner with Arsene Wenger 2-3 years ago. asked him which player he rated most highly in his squad. answer: Diaby

Wow...and this is when he had Fabregas and VP...

Fantastic to see his belief in Diaby; such a good player crippled by horrendous injuries. Lets hope Diaby pays him back with more great performances this season.

Lunchbox

Banned
Cesc would get a standing ovation. I would love to see him return just for that. I was there when Eduardo came back and the entire ground chanting for him. The announcer: "Shakhtar Donetsk goal scorer.." and then the crowd scream out his name. Imagine the reaction Fabregas would get.

Talking about receptions, I'd pay to see the United game just to boo the shit out of that traitor. Hopefully the combined hate in the ground would see him lose 100 HP, and his damage go down 50 points

iQklL.png

Wilbur

Banned

If van Persie is a traitor, Cesc is. How can you give a 29 year old who had won fuck all in your blindingly average team in his time there so much shit when you got a colossal amount for him? How? He left because despite him trying his very hardest, everyone else at the club conspired to make Arsenal the world's second biggest bottlers (after us lololofucklife) so they never win anything ever.

Cesc did the same thing. Just fed all the shit about wanting to return home. You don't see Spurs fans giving Modric or Ronaldo shit. Cesc pushed for a move, you got a wank price for him, and he won lots. Yay to Cesc.

kharma45

If van Persie is a traitor, Cesc is. How can you give a 29 year old who had won fuck all in your blindingly average team in his time there so much shit when you got a colossal amount for him? How? He left because despite him trying his very hardest, everyone else at the club conspired to make Arsenal the world's second biggest bottlers (after us lololofucklife) so they never win anything ever.

Cesc did the same thing. Just fed all the shit about wanting to return home. You don't see Spurs fans giving Modric or Ronaldo shit. Cesc pushed for a move, you got a wank price for him, and he won lots. Yay to Cesc.

Such a baffling post from him, RVP was a great servant to Arsenal and wanted to leave to actually win something, hard to blame him.

Cesc did the same thing and he's still a hero, lolwut.

I just saw a good chunk of Liverpool v Arsenal's first half.

Holy Moses! Gerard is easily the weakest part of Liverpool's attack. What the heck is going on with him? Behind the tempo of the rest of the team, misplaying the ball constantly - while everyone else looks like their improving, he looks like he's steeped in a permanent decline. If his name were anything other than Gerard he'd be starting for Burnley.

Soi-Fong

I think, it's because he moved to a rival club. That "loyalty" was cut then.

We can deny it all we want, but Arsenal fans do consider us rivals.

Lunchbox

Banned

now now leave them alone. fabregas went to another league to shit on arsenal's face so its cool. spanish shit tastes good

RVP is doing this in a league where arsenal cant do shit in, so it hurts a bit more. i mean no one cares if fabregas is wearing barcelona shirts before the transfer, talking about his dream move. but how do you think they feel when they wake up in the morning and see THIS while they have giroud -

RQgGF.jpg

The problem isn't him leaving - I in fact thought he should go to a better team. The problem is him leaving for another PL side, years after being a Captain and almost a decade at the club that made him the player he is now. A total lack of respect for the fans and the manager. Cesc went back to Barcelona, something we had all expected sooner or later.

The transfers aren't even comparable. What are you on

Soi-Fong

Got a bad feeling Fergie will drop Kagawa next game :(

If Rooney is still out I don't see it happening. At worst, Kagawa makes the bench. But seriously, Fergie should start to see, if Kagawa is Being marked, our central play becomes complete shit.

Kagawa surely deserves some criticism, but goddamn he needed some decent passes from Carrick and he wasn't getting any.

Lightning

Banned
Cesc pushed for a move, you got a wank price for him, and he won lots. Yay to Cesc.
Excuse me? Cesc never posted shit on his website, questioned club ambition, wind down his contract to ruin our negotiating position, and don't forget that Cesc could have forced a move the year before and the year before that and didn't. Even since his departure Cesc has been nothing but honorable and respectful in following our club, coming to certain games.

You cannot compare Cesc to that piece of shit RVP who left us for the enemy.

kharma45

The problem isn't him leaving - I in fact thought he should go to a better team. The problem is him leaving for another PL side, years after being a Captain and almost a decade at the club that made him the player he is now. A total lack of respect for the fans and the manager. Cesc went back to Barcelona, something we had all expected sooner or later.

Well there wasn't many other options for him, Juventus wouldn't stump up the cash and he didn't want City.

Respect my arse.

Soi-Fong

See, this is the shit I don't get about people saying Ronaldo will boot off to City. He's just like Cesc, he does have loyalty.

Wilbur

Banned

How are they not comparable?

Cesc Fabregas leaves to a better side fighting for trophies after years of service not winning anything. He leaves, years after being a Captain and almost a decade at the club that made him the player he is now. A total lack of respect for the fans and the manager.

Robin van Persie leaves to a better side fighting for trophies after years of service not winning anything. He leaves, years after being a Captain and almost a decade at the club that made him the player he is now. A total lack of respect for the fans and the manager.

The differences are:

a) different leagues
b) different fees
c) different nationalities
d) different penis sizes

Why does no one ever give Kolo Toure shit? Why does no one ever give Clichy shit? People give Nasri shit because he's an insufferable wanker, but Fabregas basically getting tapped up by the whole city of Barcelona and replying every time with 'oh its my dream, I want to leave but have respect for Wenger' is fucking bollocks. It is disrespect to act naive when you want to leave. van Persie may have acted like a knob end, but if he did so did Cesc.

Such a baffling post from him, RVP was a great servant to Arsenal and wanted to leave to actually win something, hard to blame him.

Cesc did the same thing and he's still a hero, lolwut.
I dunno, I get where he's coming from. I can understand Liverpool fans thinking badly of Torres for clearing off to Chelsea. But Drogba say (even though he was out of contract), going to Shenhua doesn't bother me. However, if Drogba turned up in a Liverpool shirt (which there was talk of today) I'd be rather pissed off.

Cesc bounced for the same reasons as RVP sure, but he's not an immediate threat to Arsenal in the same way RVP is.

Wilbur

Banned
Excuse me? Cesc never posted shit on his website, questioned club ambition, wind down his contract to ruin our negotiating position, and don't forget that Cesc could have forced a move the year before and the year before that and didn't. Even since his departure Cesc has been nothing but honorable and respectful in following our club, coming to certain games.

You cannot compare Cesc to that piece of shit RVP who left us for the enemy.

Cesc didn't have to post anything on his website because every single week he said he wanted his dream move to Barcelona. Why would he need to release a statement because we heard it every week from his own mouth?

Barcelona made unsatisfactory offers and that is why Fabregas didn't leave. When they did, he left. van Persie didn't run down his contract on purpose, it was Arsenal's board's lack of negotiating and tying him to a contract which left it in that state.

You're just being naive. Cesc left for a better club for more money and the chance for more trophies. So did RVP.

Soi-Fong

I dunno, I get where he's coming from. I can understand Liverpool fans thinking badly of Torres for clearing off to Chelsea. But Drogba say (even though he was out of contract), going to Shenhua doesn't bother me. However, if Drogba turned up in a Liverpool shirt (which there was talk of today) I'd be rather pissed off.

Cesc bounced for the same reasons as RVP sure, but he's not an immediate threat to Arsenal in the same way RVP is.

This is an Arsenal-United problem! Stay out of it Chelski fan!

Wilbur

Banned

Then solely give him shit for moving to United. Don't start with all the loyalty bollocks. If you expect that in football then you're fucking ludicrous. Cesc didn't show loyalty to Arsenal when he left, loyalty would have been respecting his contract and not masturbating every time someone mentioned Carles Puyol's hair.

Lunchbox

Banned
arsenal fans wouldnt be that mad if the strikers wenger brought in werent complete wank

or if RVP wasnt lighting it up for united.

combine their inability to score plus RVP's 4 goals in 2 starts, its an ocean of salt

Then solely give him shit for moving to United. Don't start with all the loyalty bollocks. If you expect that in football then you're fucking ludicrous. Cesc didn't show loyalty to Arsenal when he left, loyalty would have been respecting his contract and not masturbating every time someone mentioned Carles Puyol's hair.
Well I can't speak for the Arsenal folks, but I personally don't think there is loyalty in football or at least, there's very little. I have always viewed football like any other industry or job. Nobody here would turn down a new job with better prospects and more money, and football fans deluding themselves in to thinking that a player loves the club as much as they do need to sit down and have a think.

K1LLER7

If Rooney is still out I don't see it happening. At worst, Kagawa makes the bench. But seriously, Fergie should start to see, if Kagawa is Being marked, our central play becomes complete shit.

Kagawa surely deserves some criticism, but goddamn he needed some decent passes from Carrick and he wasn't getting any.

The way Fergie was talking about Chicha playing a big role in the win when he came on makes me think Fergie could look to start him next match. Hope not and Nani and Kagawa both start, add to that maybe starting Anderson.

tbh, I'd be pretty pissed if Nani went to Arsenal next year and started pulling out consistent performances. Especially if our replacement isn't meeting expectations.

Wilbur

Banned
Well I can't speak for the Arsenal folks, but I personally don't think there is loyalty in football or at least very much of it. I have always viewed football like any other industry or job. Nobody here would turn down a new job with better prospects and more money, and football fans deluding themselves in to thinking that a player loves the club as much as they do need to sit down and have a think.

Agreed. I understand having an affinity for clubs, I understand people wishing to be loyal. But expecting that to be the status quo is absurd.

GorillaJu

It pains me to say this as Gerrard is my very favorite footballer, but

vs. West Brom

Gerrard - 82.1%
Lucas - 92.6%
Allen - 95.5%

vs. Man City

Gerrard - 78.5%
Allen - 93.5%
Shelvey - 88%

vs. Arsenal

Gerrard - 80.8%
Sahin - 93.3%
Allen - 92.2%

He needs to be replaced.

FootballFan

Barca team: Valdes - Alves - Piqué - Mascherano - Adriano :)( ) SONG (Yay) - Xavi - Cesc - Messi - Alexis - Pedro ( yay no Pedro not Tello)

*whistles* I was telling you and the other barca fan(forgot which one exactly) that Adriano is a damn good squad player, mistakes happen, we should be happy they happened in that stupid cup game not a proper league game or CL knock outs.

And as I said that exact same time, he is pretty damn bad at RB, but LB he has always been fine for us.

Soi-Fong

Well I can't speak for the Arsenal folks, but I personally don't think there is loyalty in football or at least very much of it. I have always viewed football like any other industry or job. Nobody here would turn down a new job with better prospects and more money, and football fans deluding themselves in to thinking that a player loves the club as much as they do need to sit down and have a think.

Lol You serious? Only reason you think like that is because your owner is a goddamn billionaire who buys player's "loyalty." just look at Hazard's agent fee and wage.

Lightning

Banned
Barcelona made unsatisfactory offers and that is why Fabregas didn't leave. When they did, he left. van Persie didn't run down his contract on purpose, it was Arsenal's board's lack of negotiating and tying him to a contract which left it in that state.
Wrong. Barca offered us more for him the year earlier than we sold him and he didn't force a move and Cesc is not earning more at Barca than he was at Arsenal. Cesc acted maturely and there is no reason for Arsenal fans or management to begrudge him. Everyone knew Cesc would eventually return to Barca but Cesc remained loyal, respectful before and after his departure.

RVP acted like a JT.

To be fair, there are a few factors to take into consideration with loyalty

A) How long you've been there
B) How close to leaving you were at any point
C) Why you left
D) Who you went to
E) How much better the other options were when you decided to stay
F) The circumstances of leaving

For instance, Fabregas passes on everything, including giving Arsenal an extra year. RVP fails massively on D and F

I'm surprised Gerrard's accuracy is as high as 80% tbh.

Also, there is clearly loyalty in football, just not all that much of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom