• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ronaldo would go to City.

Let's not fool ourselves. He played for United, he loved United, probably still loves United, but he is NOT a fan of Manchester United the same way we are.

If that move was on for him and they were paying him £300k a week, he would go there.

kharma45

Let's not fool ourselves. He played for United, he loved United, probably still loves United, but he is NOT a fan of Manchester United the same way we are.

If that move was on for him and they were paying him £300k a week, he would go there.

As long as Fagie is at United I can't see him ever going to another Premiership club and certainly not City.

Salvadora

People thought that?

Soi-Fong

FFP, this is City... Go fuck yourself.

Bollocks. There's question marks over his positioning when he got back, but when he's attacking its up to Gerrard and Suarez to not give Arsenal perfect counter-attacking oppurtunities. Not much he can do when he runs beyond Gerrard expecting a simple 15 yard pass, and he lays it off for Diaby instead

He didn't run beyond Gerrard though. The goal wasn't really a question of positioning, it was the fact that he just jogged back whilst Podolski sprinted past him. He was ahead of Podolski at the start of and for the vast majority of that counter attack.

Clegg

Ronaldo would move to City or Chelsea if he got a good enough offer.

Don't think he'd move to PSG though. He genuinely wants to be recognised as the best player in the world. He could score hattricks every week in France but that still wouldn't be enough. The French league just isn't as highly regarded as La Liga, the PL, or the Bundesliga.

Come on guys. He doesn't love Fagie that much. He said he was being treated like a slave when he wanted to move.

I'm not saying he will beg for a move to City or that it's even his first choice. Just saying that if he is to leave Real Madrid, and City bid £100m for him and Madrid say yes, he isn't going to turn around and say "no I am not going there cos I love United".

Be realistic. It's his career. He isn't Eric.

K1LLER7

This is all Mourinho's plan.

Ronaldo returns to United, Nani going the other way + 25m. A year later Mourinho takes over from Fergie. United dominate the league once again....

Or he'll go to China, get his contract terminated and move to Barca and play with Messi/Neymar/Iniesta/Xavi/Cesc.

Soi-Fong

Don't think he'd move to PSG though. He genuinely wants to be recognised as the best player in the world. He could score hattricks every week in France but that still wouldn't be enough. The French league just isn't as highly regarded as La Liga, the PL, or the Bundesliga.

If the chance did come up though, I really do wonder if Fergie will even try to force a bid..

Clegg

If the chance did come up though, I really do wonder if Fergie will even try to force a bid..

Absolutely not.

We sold Ronaldo for £80m and since then he's scored 150 goals in three seasons for Madrid. You'd be looking at a £100m fee for him.

United don't have that kind of money. The transfer fee is insane and then you'd have to pay him at least £250k a week in wages. It's just not economical.

If SAF had £100m to spend he'd probably buy a CM and a defender.

Soi-Fong

This has to be more than Kaka? Seriously, crying for over 20 min!!? A teammate can't just make you cy like that unless like maybe their life is in danger or somethhing.

Scum

CRonaldo.png

IceCold

No player of Ronaldo's caliber would play for the French league (It's ranked 6th, below even Portugal's league). If Ronaldo were to go back to the Premiership League, I'm positive he'd go to Man utd due to Fergie. There's no way Ronaldo would play for another English team while he's coach.

K1LLER7

Don't think he'll return to United but if he did and he's seriously wanting to leave, City won't let him leave the Etihad after the CL tie until they've had a talk wth him.

Would be fun if he wants to move again and all the rich owners start a bidding war for him.

Absolutely not.

We sold Ronaldo for £80m and since then he's scored 150 goals in three seasons for Madrid. You'd be looking at a £100m fee for him.

United don't have that kind of money. The transfer fee is insane and then you'd have to pay him at least £250k a week in wages. It's just not economical.

But you might make that £100 million back quickly like Real Madrid did. And this is the chance for #basedglazer to win over the fans!

Soi-Fong

Absolutely not.

Fans will murder Fergie if he passed by the chance and didn't even try.

keit4

Banned
You all know that the real reason of Cristiano's sadness is the fact that tonight is the last Breaking Bad episode until the next year :(

Wilbur

Banned
Would rather go for Pep.

Nope. Pep would be a risk. Still not sure whether Barca was just the perfect job, perfect time, perfect players for him or if he can actually do it elsewhere. Out of the two I'd rather have Mourinho, because the anti-football he's perceived to have played his whole career is an utter myth in my eyes. I don't like his public image and for that I'm a bit tentative but he's certainly the best choice right now. Moyes is very good and is putting together a good team to be fair and to be honest, I think he'll get it. Not overly enamoured with that but I think it'll happen.

Lightning

Banned
I'd imagine it'll be a couple of years down the road when Wenger has retired.
I would hope not and Wenger has given hints that he may sign an extension yet. Don't want Wenger to go.

And I'll ask again. What is happening with Kaka that has upset Ronaldo? By rumor

After reading the graham hunter book about Barca, Guardiola sounds like one of the most dedicated coaches in the world. Apparently he watches hours and hours of footage of opposition teams to learn their weaknesses (even did this when he was Barca B coach) and demands 110% from his players at all times, even in training. If any Barca player was 1 second late to training or he felt they weren't putting the effort in they would be fined and he's not scared to give players the boot (see Hleb, etoo, ibrahimvovic etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom