• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at the game lol!! Dunno if you saw my posts but my GF's nephew asked if I'd go to the match with him.

It was funny but I felt bad for the keeper. :(

According to the article DiCanio has rowed with 3 players publicly in the last year seems to me the problem is the managers methods.

The verbal lashing he gave the keeper is bit OTT, wow.

PJX

He's hardly overrated. He gets a thrashing from all corners of the football world, for being stupid, not having a good final ball, being frustrating to watch, etc. Overrated isn't the right word for it. Yet somehow Wenger wants to keep him and Rodgers admires him very much. Mancini as well, since apparently Arsenal blocked a move to City for him just last week. I suppose we all know better, though, right? He's just overrated.

Mancini only wanted him for his British quota.

I'm sure Daglish admiration for Adam, Henderson and Downing made them all great players for us.

And pointing out that he's British is ridiculous. We paid £15m for a British player this summer and he's been our best signing and hit the ground running in great style.

I don't think that's a fair comparison. Sahin has only played only four games in like a year and isn't match fit and is new to the league. The new winger we bought hasn't even played a minute or made the bench.

I think we should wait to see all of them perform on the same level before we start claiming who is the best signing so far. Also I've already said quite a few times that Allen is a great player and that he is an exception rather than the norm. Or did you just happen to miss those post?

Also it's laughable that because Joe Cole has been shit, all free transfers are immediately shit. I'm sure when Llorente goes to Barça on a free next year, you'll be the first to point out that since Liverpool got Cole on a free, Llorente is trash?

Errr where the fuck that you get that from? Did you miss my point about getting Llorente to our team or did you decide to ignore that so you can try to make a point.

FSG have invested money that they've raised through increasing revenue. We spent way over the amount that we made from players. Like I said earlier, our outlay is the highest it's been, ever, and that is without CL money. It's coming from the commercial deals.

Like I said the majority of the funds available for transfers have come from sales of other players.

Can you please offer up some kind of substance, if you're going to throw personal insults? You've said nothing except the two things I've already pointed out are incorrect (one, that Rodgers, Agger and Gerrard all insisted the owners wanted Agger to be sold, and two, that almost all our outlay has come from player sales).

Weren't you the one throwing insult by calling people kids and delusional? Pot calling the kettle black? I've never been to RAWK website but judging by the post on here, calling someone a RAWK is an insult.

I'm not an FSG apologist, but I do find myself defending them because of the downright ridiculous claims being leveled at them by jaded fans who just want a sugar-daddy owner, finishing closer to the relegation zone than CL with Dalglish, or what. I will defend them so long as I see people making false accusations and making the other Liverpool supporters look like reactionary, anti-American conspiracy theorists.

Jaded fans? I think you are mistaken for fans who are not blinded by PR bullshit like you are.

The Red Sox were FSG's first foray into baseball, and sporting in general, and they brought the pennant to a team that had gone 80 years without it. They got that title by doing exactly what they're doing now – scouring the world and the industry for bright, forward thinking individuals and backing the manager with time and money.

Tell me how well the Red Sox are doing in the league. Judging by their position they aren't doing to well and reading up on them, FSG have sold majority of their good players and hired a manager who isn't all that great. But then I don't follow football as I think it's a boring sport to watch or play.

Would you rather have had that Singaporean billionaire who bid more than FSG? The board didn't want him as an owner and trusted FSG despite the fact that they guaranteed less money because they felt FSG were better fit to run the business.

Like I've stated, I want owners who actually know how to run a football team.

If John Henry is serious about Liverpool he needs to sort Anfield out.

I don't see anything happening any time soon in regards to Anfield.

3Sixty

SAINTS have again been linked with a shock move for free agent Italian striker Alessandro Del Piero.

Reports in Italy claim the club have offered the former Juventus star a contract to move to St Mary’s.

The 37-year-old appeared to be joining Australian side FC Sydney last week, but that deal has yet to be formalised.

----

More attacking players, this is clearly what we need.

I don't see anything happening any time soon in regards to Anfield.
It seems that way but it's where Liverpool aren't just falling behind, it's where they should be getting ahead.

United and Arsenal have their 60k+ commercial revenue loving stadiums. Spurs have theirs on the way. City and Chelsea are doing fairly well out of theirs too and are probably at capacity of support anyway.

Liverpool could quite easily sell out 60k+ ever week, fill the boxes, get a big stadium naming rights deal.

I know FSG have only been around for about 2 years, but it really should have been one of the very first things they sorted out. Liverpool need a new stadium or a modern Anfield really badly.

As you say though, it will cost alot and burden the club with quite a bit of debt, not sure where Liverpool go with the stadium if the owners' stance remains as it is.

Poor Umbro :(

They make the best kits too.
Yep :(

Nike are selling Umbro I think so they're just rinsing them before they sell up.

Just want to point something out here. People saying that owners don't invest their own money and are just using money raised by the club are idiots. The owners own the club, clubs are businesses. Therefore any money made by the club is the owners money. They spend money raised by the club which belongs to them. Liverpool's owners spent 300million quid to buy it. If you don't like how they work then go support AFC Liverpool in the Eco stck league, start actually protesting instead of ranting on forums or start your own club and do it better if you're so bright.

I think appointing Brian Barwick as CEO would be great for Liverpool. Well known and respected football man and ex FA chairman who did good things for even that hopeless basket case .

Yen

Just want to point something out here. People saying that owners don't invest their own money and are just using money raised by the club are idiots. The owners own the club, clubs are businesses. Therefore any money made by the club is the owners money. They spend money raised by the club which belongs to them. Liverpool's owners spent 300million quid to buy it. If you don't like how they work then go support AFC Liverpool in the Eco stck league, start actually protesting instead of ranting on forums or start your own club and do it better if you're so bright.

I think appointing Brian Barwick as CEO would be great for Liverpool. Well known and respected football man and ex FA chairman who did good things for even that hopeless basket case .

But he appointed Steve McLaren!!

Choc

Banned
you know

PDC is right in that a Goalkeeper should not be a protected species

you have a backup keeper on the bench for a reason. Injury sure, but if the player is rubbish on the day and the backup could be better, take the sub

Choc

Banned
Question. Did the referee book the goalkeeper after he kicked the bottle?

Because he would have lost points under assessment if he did not.

The fact he has left the field does not matter.

Clegg

I fail too see what FSG have done wrong. They're perfectly correct in trying to spend within their means after Dalglish and Comolli blew their load on average players.

They don't have a bottomless pit of money so reinvesting what they make is financially prudent.

dc89

E%20Garcia%20and%20Aguero%20at%20Carrington.ashx

RIP indeed, horrible. A lad I know is in a medically induced coma after having a heart attack recently, you really don't know the day or the hour.

I went to the Liverpool Arsenal game yesterday and I know this will come as no news to anyone here, but we were shit. Diaby and Arteta probably won't have an easier game all season.. the former was the best player on the pitch imo. As shit as we were, I thought I was going to have an aneurysm listening to some of our fuckin' horrible fans. People putting £40+ down the swanny to go and shout that everyone on the pitch is a c**t, or to say - without any sense of irony, despite looking over 30 and overweight - that the players are fat and lazy. The lads who countered the "we know what you are" chants with Suarez' song and didn't let up all game are the kind of fans I like to hear... I can understand agitation given what happened in the window, and due to the performance, but bloody hell some people need to give it a rest. Fuckin' know alls, 99% of the time, know nothing.

I know we wouldnt be able to afford his wages, but if Drogba is really getting released, imagine him and Suarez... :drool:
I'd even take Owen tbh. Not sure how other fans would feel about that though.

I appreciate JWH's letter today, but it's going to be a long road to January.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom