• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmackem

yep rodgers is one of the safest managers in the PL

' It will take time for Brendan to instill his philosophy into the squad and build exactly what he needs for the long term.'

It makes sense, finally a board that has the patience required.

Which is strange give rodgers is a one season wonder up to now hes still unproven.

PJX

Fuck him

Sorry but I do not believe a damn word coming out of that guy's mouth.

Nor should anyone minimise the importance of keeping our best players during this window. We successfully retained Daniel Agger, Martin Skrtel and Luis Suarez. We greatly appreciate their faith and belief in the club. And we successfully negotiated new, long-term contracts with Luis and with Martin.

Going by the quotes of Gerrard, Agger and Rodgers, they were the ones trying to sell him in the first place and he comes out with this bullshit.

Choc

Banned
Which is strange give rodgers is a one season wonder up to now hes still unproven.

I am not a Liverpool fan and i think BR is the right man for the job. Swansea play the way Liverpool fans want and the board wants.

Swansea is not full of players that are earning stupid wages and huge transfers

BR has proven himself enough. Where is yet to prove himself is the transfer market of big players, but he has not been given the chance.

madmackem

I am not a Liverpool fan and i think BR is the right man for the job. Swansea play the way Liverpool fans want and the board wants.

Swansea is not full of players that are earning stupid wages and huge transfers

BR has proven himself enough. Where is yet to prove himself is the transfer market of big players, but he has not been given the chance.

He got sacked from reading, took over swansea and just carried on the work that was started by martinez then sosa, i think its pretty clear they wanted martinez but he decided against it. I hope im wrong for the real liverpool fans but from the very start i thought this would end in tears.

madmackem

What do liverpool fans think is the aim for there club now? they are miles away from being a top four challenger surely fans dont think they are that still. Given that are close losses to man city and arsenal that bad? and on their day wba at home can turn over any side.

Witsel to Zenit for 40 million rumors are swirling. I guess Frogson didn't want to sell us Nani so we are tossing our money elsewhere.

So glad I can be done with this transfer nonsense in a couple hours.

What do liverpool fans think is the aim for there club now? they are miles away from being a top four challenger surely fans dont think they are that still. Given that are close losses to man city and arsenal that bad? and on their day wba at home can turn over any side.

The loss to arsenal wasn't close. It was a generally shit performance. WBA we got fucked by Dowd and a wonder goal so forgivable. We should've beaten City. The aim is 5th or 6th. It has to be an improvement on last year. And to improve the clubs back room so we can challenge and make top 4 by 2015.

So lots of things need doing. Quickly.

Out of interest what do you expect from Sunderland? 8-12th?

madmackem

The loss to arsenal wasn't close. It was a generally shit performance. WBA we got fucked by Dowd and a wonder goal so forgivable. We should've beaten City. The aim is 5th or 6th. It has to be an improvement on last year. And to improve the clubs back room so we can challenge and make top 4 by 2015.

So lots of things need doing. Quickly.

Out of interest what do you expect from Sunderland? 8-12th?

Yeah any improvement on last seasons 13th would be good. I thought it was pretty close yesterday tbh, and your right shouldve beat city those results didnt go your way but as i say surely all signs arnt bad. Allen seems to have started well, i think the quicker yous get rid of gerrard the better he doesnt fit that system at all.

pappe

Id love to see him back at man yooo and i aint even a fan. Hes up there with gazza, cantona, bergkamp and henry as the best players ive seen live id love to see him live again.

Oooo I would love to have him here as well. But i am sure we cannot afford him. It would be unbelievable to see him play for us but i would dread seeing him playing against us.

I doubt he would play for some other PL side since he still loves the club. But money changes the mind of strongest individuals, so you never know.

He should not even consider Italian, German and French league. Maybe he is homesick and just wants to go back to Portugal.

Choc

Banned
Realistically there is 4 or 5 clubs worldwide he would consider i reckon

Milan
Inter
City
barca (but no that just wouldn't happen
Chelsea

I can't think of any others with the buying/stature. city doesn't have the stature but they have the big money

or of course he could be a total knob, piss off to China as a mercenary and have it all end in tears like Drogba.

PJX

Milan
Inter
City
Chelsea

I can't think of any others with the buying/stature. city doesn't have the stature but they have the big money

or of course he could be a total knob, piss off to China as a mercenary and have it all end in tears like Drogba.

Or he can come to Liverpool and be a guaranteed starter. There is no doubt he will be a starter week in and week out.

Yeah any improvement on last seasons 13th would be good. I thought it was pretty close yesterday tbh, and your right shouldve beat city those results didnt go your way but as i say surely all signs arnt bad. Allen seems to have started well, i think the quicker yous get rid of gerrard the better he doesnt fit that system at all.

I agree with the Gerrard thought. He was awful again yesterday and if not subbed should've moved to right wing, allowing Henderson and Shelvey to energize a midfield badly needing it against Diaby. We also need to promote Adam Morgan and Mike Ngoo from the u21s now. Morgan can naturally finish and has good movement, Ngoo id basically Diaby, but faster and a goal scoring striker.

Allen is fantastic and Sahin just needs games. We have a good spine but little round it right now. We can make it to January after this tough start I think. After seeing Spurs the other day and Arsenal be pretty average despite their win I think we can stay in touch at least.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Or he can come to Liverpool and be a guaranteed starter. There is no doubt he will be a starter week in and week out.

so could Walcott

Watching MOTD2 on Sky+, both Arsenal goals came about from horrendous mistakes/laziness. Gerrard gives the ball away and then literally watches Podolski run 40 yards into the box. Second was another howler from Reina, who if we're being honest, hasn't made a match winning contribution a la Friedel v Norwich for some time. All he does now is make mistakes, I barely remember the last time he really pulled off a top save.

Oooo I would love to have him here as well. But i am sure we cannot afford him. It would be unbelievable to see him play for us but i would dread seeing him playing against us.

I doubt he would play for some other PL side since he still loves the club. But money changes the mind of strongest individuals, so you never know.

He should not even consider Italian, German and French league. Maybe he is homesick and just wants to go back to Portugal.

or maybe he realized what a huge mistake it was to want to leaveUnited and he just wants to come back. Without a salary or a fee. Just because he loves the club.

lol

Choc

Banned

two words

Champions League

edit: maybe russia? i mean after all 'i play football in cold places, warm places - castrol'

:p

Salazar

Milan
Inter
City
Chelsea

I can't think of any others with the buying/stature.

Well, Inter are fairly skint, n'est ce pas, and you can ask some posters in here about their stature.

two words

Champions League

edit: maybe russia? i mean after all 'i play football in cold places, warm places - castrol'

:p

I'm sure Anzhi is already readying a plane for Roberto Carlos to board carrying a suitcase filled with 200 million for a bid.

GorillaJu

Fuck him

Sorry but I do not believe a damn word coming out of that guy's mouth.

Going by the quotes of Gerrard, Agger and Rodgers, they were the ones trying to sell him in the first place and he comes out with this bullshit.

Gerrard talks a lot of shit. I love him but 90% of what he says turns out to either not be true or be heavily misguided. All Agger said is that he's happy to stay at the club and he's not trying to force a move. Rodgers said he'd be willing to sell if he was offered the right price.

I don't know where you and all the delusional kids on Rawk got the idea that FSG want to sell Liverpool or make a profit from it. They didn't leverage the buyout, they've increased our commercial revenue significantly – and here's the crucial part – they've reinvest all that money back into the team. Even without CL money, we've spent more in the last two years than we did during the Rafa era.

I don't know what you expect.

You seem like many others who are just convinced because they're American that they want to fuck over the club. Why? Because they gave the fans what they want with the Kenny Dalglish hire, then sacked him when he proved incapable of competing in the modern game? We were regressing, not improving, on the pitch. It was the right decision.

They cut wages, because we were paying ridiculous amounts for people who were not improving us, and then gave nice big contracts to the players who are.

It's annoying as all hell dealing with the conspiracy theories, the anti-American mentality, etc., and it makes it tedious trying to be a Liverpool fan and just enjoying watching the club slowly get the boulder rolling the direction it needs to go.

Haven't liverpool spent more money than Arsenal and United since they took over?

Yep.

PJX

so could Walcott

Watching MOTD2 on Sky+, both Arsenal goals came about from horrendous mistakes/laziness. Gerrard gives the ball away and then literally watches Podolski run 40 yards into the box. Second was another howler from Reina, who if we're being honest, hasn't made a match winning contribution a la Friedel v Norwich for some time. All he does now is make mistakes, I barely remember the last time he really pulled off a top save.

I've already stated my feelings on Walcott. He wouldn't improve the team at all. Why waste the money or another overrated British player. We got Cole on free and he's done shit for us.

Haven't liverpool spent more money than Arsenal and United since they took over?

Almost all of the players we've bought in have come from sales of other players. FSG have not actually invested much of their money at all.

Gerrard talks a lot of shit. I love him but 90% of what he says turns out to either not be true or be heavily misguided. All Agger said is that he's happy to stay at the club and he's not trying to force a move. Rodgers said he'd be willing to sell if he was offered the right price.

I don't know where you and all the delusional kids on Rawk got the idea that FSG want to sell Liverpool or make a profit from it. They didn't leverage the buyout, they've increased our commercial revenue significantly – and here's the crucial part – they've reinvest all that money back into the team. Even without CL money, we've spent more in the last two years than we did during the Rafa era.

You seem like many others who are just convinced because they're American that they want to fuck over the club. Why? Because they gave the fans what they want with the Kenny Dalglish hire, then sacked him when he proved incapable of competing in the modern game? We were regressing, not improving, on the pitch. It was the right decision.

They cut wages, because we were paying ridiculous amounts for people who were not improving us, and then gave nice big contracts to the players who are.

It's annoying as all hell dealing with the conspiracy theories, the anti-American mentality, etc., and it makes it tedious trying to be a Liverpool fan and just enjoying watching the club slowly get the boulder rolling the direction it needs to go.

Yep.

I think you need to take a good look at yourself because you are about as delusional as they come. Remove those rose tinted glasses for once. You seem like a FSG apologist.

And FYI I wasn't one of those fans who wanted Daglish back.

The only way some fans would have been happy is if a multi billionaire had taken over and spunked money all over the club like City, PSG or Chelsea, they aren't interested in the club being run better by making better commercial deals and so on they just want a bored billionaire for a quick fix.

I actually for once want someone who knows how to run a football club, which FSG so far has shown that they can. I don't care where they come from.

Stimpy

The only way some fans would have been happy is if a multi billionaire had taken over and spunked money all over the club like City, PSG or Chelsea, they aren't interested in the club being run better by making better commercial deals and so on they just want a bored billionaire for a quick fix.

dc89

Yet there is no sign of this happening at any of the clubs you have mentioned.

Don't believe the hype. They said Abramovich would be bored within 2 years.

Yen

I don't know where you and all the delusional kids on Rawk got the idea that FSG want to sell Liverpool or make a profit from it. They didn't leverage the buyout, they've increased our commercial revenue significantly – and here's the crucial part – they've reinvest all that money back into the team. Even without CL money, we've spent more in the last two years than we did during the Rafa era.

While I was absolutely furious at not signing a striker in the summer, I agree with this. Just wish the Americans, or more likely, Ayre, had shown some bloody sense over the transfer dealings.

Stimpy

Yet there is no sign of this happening at any of the clubs you have mentioned.

Don't believe the hype. They said Abramovich would be bored within 2 years.

That doesn't mean he wasn't just bored looking for something to do with his vast wealth when he bought Chelsea, I doubt he bought it thinking it was going to be a fantastic investment for him and make him billions, he bought it because he felt like owning a football club and turning it into a success.

GorillaJu

I've already stated my feelings on Walcott. He wouldn't improve the team at all. Why waste the money or another overrated British player. We got Cole on free and he's done shit for us.

He's hardly overrated. He gets a thrashing from all corners of the football world, for being stupid, not having a good final ball, being frustrating to watch, etc. Overrated isn't the right word for it. Yet somehow Wenger wants to keep him and Rodgers admires him very much. Mancini as well, since apparently Arsenal blocked a move to City for him just last week. I suppose we all know better, though, right? He's just overrated.

And pointing out that he's British is ridiculous. We paid £15m for a British player this summer and he's been our best signing and hit the ground running in great style.

Also it's laughable that because Joe Cole has been shit, all free transfers are immediately shit. I'm sure when Llorente goes to Barça on a free next year, you'll be the first to point out that since Liverpool got Cole on a free, Llorente is trash?

Almost all of the players we've bought in have come from sales of other players. FSG have not actually invested much of their money at all.

FSG have invested money that they've raised through increasing revenue. We spent way over the amount that we made from players. Like I said earlier, our outlay is the highest it's been, ever, and that is without CL money. It's coming from the commercial deals.

I think you need to take a good look at yourself because you are about as delusional as they come. Remove those rose tinted glasses for once. You seem like a FSG apologist.

And FYI I wasn't one of those fans who wanted Daglish back.

Can you please offer up some kind of substance, if you're going to throw personal insults? You've said nothing except the two things I've already pointed out are incorrect (one, that Rodgers, Agger and Gerrard all insisted the owners wanted Agger to be sold, and two, that almost all our outlay has come from player sales).

I'm not an FSG apologist, but I do find myself defending them because of the downright ridiculous claims being leveled at them by jaded fans who just want a sugar-daddy owner, finishing closer to the relegation zone than CL with Dalglish, or what. I will defend them so long as I see people making false accusations and making the other Liverpool supporters look like reactionary, anti-American conspiracy theorists.

I actually for once want someone who knows how to run a football club, which FSG so far has shown that they can. I don't care where they come from.

The Red Sox were FSG's first foray into baseball, and sporting in general, and they brought the pennant to a team that had gone 80 years without it. They got that title by doing exactly what they're doing now – scouring the world and the industry for bright, forward thinking individuals and backing the manager with time and money.

Would you rather have had that Singaporean billionaire who bid more than FSG? The board didn't want him as an owner and trusted FSG despite the fact that they guaranteed less money because they felt FSG were better fit to run the business.

dc89

That doesn't mean he wasn't just bored looking for something to do with his vast wealth when he bought Chelsea, I doubt he bought it thinking it was going to be a fantastic investment for him and make him billions, he bought it because he felt like owning a football club and turning it into a success.

Not disputing that. But I think the illusion of a owner just buying a club and walking away is on the whole wrong. It has happened, I.E Malaga, but we can't tar them all with the same brush.

Ushojax

You have got to listen to this Di Canio interview

He subbed the keeper (who has done exceptionally well for them until recently) off after 21 minutes and his explanation is hilariously blunt.

'one of the worst players I've ever seen on a football pitch'

'crappy'

'a rubbish performance even against Stoke'

'who is he? Cech? He is nothing'

'he is not Maradona in a goalie'

dc89

He subbed the keeper (who has done exceptionally well for them until recently) off after 21 minutes and his explanation is hilariously blunt.

'crappy'

I was at the game lol!! Dunno if you saw my posts but my GF's nephew asked if I'd go to the match with him.

It was funny but I felt bad for the keeper. :(

Just read through last nights posts.

Damnnnn Arsenal fans still mad at RVP.

Come on guys, if he went to Juve you wouldn't be fussed most of you said it yourself.

RVP said nice things about Scholes. I love him more every day!

Choc

Banned
i lol'd

281865_10152090755805484_1604427912_n.jpg

dc89

Just read through last nights posts.

Damnnnn Arsenal fans still mad at RVP.

Come on guys, if he went to Juve you wouldn't be fussed most of you said it yourself.

RVP said nice things about Scholes. I love him more every day!

The only thing that would make them madder is him kissing the badge.

I hope it never happens myself actually.

pappe

'crappy'

'who is he? Cech? He is nothing'

'he is not Maradona in a goalie'

The fuck? Canio is a horrible man manager isnt he? Didnt he fight with one of his players last season as well?

Ushojax

The fuck? Canio is a horrible man manager isnt he? Didnt he fight with one of his players last season as well?

Clearly Di Canio is an awesome man manager as they won the league comfortably and have a fantastic record at home. Sometimes dipshit young players or ill-disciplined journeymen that you find in the lower leagues, need to be dealt with firmly.

FootballFan

Any new info on the CR7 situation?

He is joining Barca for 78mil. He will form a deadly frontline next to the only player better than him, Messi. Messi will probably be scoring less and assisting more, while ronaldo will be doing the opposite, scoring more and assisting less. With such a lethal duo Barca will play 4-4-2, Song and Busquets in mid with Iniesta and Xavi roaming. Will be great to see. Tito is yet to decide what he will do with Tello, Cuenca, Villa, Pedro and Sanchez.

joke post..if you haven't noticed lol

dc89

Dunno if serious:

'Because he was one of the worst players I have ever seen in a football match. He is a player like the others. 'Why can't we change the goalkeeper? Is the goalkeeper is an element who plays on with another team because he has a different colour on his shirt? I know my players, I know Wes - he was the crappy player even against Stoke.

'Today what he did, it's not only the mistake that can happen to everyone. The arrogance later, when he started moaning to the others, that was the worst thing for me because it let me realise that a player doesn't recognise his mistakes that was clear miles away, that was a rubbish mistake.

'I said to him "now calm because we have to keep going", we give the ball straight away to them and then start again moaning to the others.

'Today he started behaving as the worst professional; arrogant, ignorant in some way - not as a person, as an athlete - I have ever seen.

'If he doesn't come out and say sorry to the fans, for the professionalism in general, he is out from my team. I don't want any argument from the fans 'we play Oxford, we have a season' - no.

'I don't mind because this is my rules and [Leigh] Bedwell did very, very well. Maybe he behaved like this because the window's closed. Another question mark.

'I'm ready to bring in a goalkeeper. I'm ready to ask my chairman if he doesn't go out and say sorry to everybody because this has to come from the stomach and from the heart.

'If he doesn't think he made a mistake in the way he behaved he has to think who he is? Cech?

'He was nothing until the day he joined me, not the club but me. He didn't have one second as a professional, nobody wanted him because he's 181cm. In English football everybody want 199 like the f***ing Preston goalkeeper.

'He should have his career cut and you know that is true, but just because we believed in him and there is no importance in that because he is very good - thanks to him because he did well last year - he forgot everything. He is arrogant, he's still 20. He thinks he's untouchable.'

Di Canio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom