• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

2Rt8k.gif

The fuck is this monstrosity of a kit, thinks Esteban.

Yen

Duh. He moved to Real then Newcastle before stepping foot in Manchester.

Do Liverpool fans hate McManaman for joining Real too?

Wouldn't say "hate" or even "dislike", but he'd be held in a higher regard if he hadn't run down his contract so he could leave on a free.

dc89

I see Dabo is yet to move on, I feel for him. What happened was unfortunate. Next time he should think twice about throwing his weight about

Barton is the world's biggest JT. Barton was took to court and every City player who was called as a witness testified against him. Barton does no wrong in Barton's eyes.

Kyoufu

Wouldn't say "hate" or even "dislike", but he'd be held in a higher regard if he hadn't run down his contract so he could leave on a free.

He's a smart man. Would Real have paid a fee to sign him? I read that Real management didn't even want him around and tried to push him out but he stuck with the team and went on to win 2 CL trophies.

GorillaJu

I wanted Granero at Liverpool for awhile, too. Think he's a decent player.

"For a lot of them, that was their third game [in a week] - three tough games in Manchester City last week, Hearts and then this game.

"They'd put everything into it and I can't ask anymore from them.

"In spells of the game, we played ever so well, maybe never took our chances when we had the opportunities and obviously we then suffered by conceding two disappointing goals from our point."

Rodgers added: "We need to keep the ball better. For me, it's a crime when you keep losing the ball and that was unfortunately something we did, particularly in the second half.

"We always have to improve and it's going to be important technically that we keep the ball because if you don't then it can cause you a problem."

I really like the way Rodgers speaks. He's very forthcoming about mistakes and where we need to improve, but he doesn't seek to blame anyone, and always speaks highly of the players. It's a good mix on all sides, I think.

I realize it's fairly standard faire for managers to speak in this manner, I feel Rodgers just has a bit more integrity to how he goes about it.

I wanted Granero at Liverpool for awhile, too. Think he's a decent player.
At least you have good midfield options already.

From extended highlights it seems like Cleverley was poor again yesterday. He needs to be doing a lot more in our games. Was alright against Fulham but back to being passive yesterday.

Anyone know why Anderson wasn't even in the squad, or was he just dropped? Ridiculous cos he needs to play and wasn't even that bad against Fulham.

Salazar

From extended highlights it seems like Cleverley was poor again yesterday.

Yup. Tentative. Needs to see himself as someone who has to help create confidence in our play. Seemed like he was waiting for someone to carry him forward yesterday, and it sure as hell wasn't going to be Carrick.

GorillaJu

At least you have good midfield options already.

CM is our most stocked area, but we need a good playmaker. City have Silva and Nasri, United have Kagawa and Rooney (and even RVP), Arsenal have Cazorla, Spurs have Dembele and Sigurdsson, Chelsea have Hazard and Mata, and Liverpool has a woefully out of form Steven Gerrard. I think Cabaye is even playing the playmaker role better than Gerrard is right now.

Suarez could be a decent No. 10 as he has the habit of coming back to pick up the ball, he can get in between the lines and cause havoc, and he can shoot well when not under pressure. He's got a fantastic long pass on him, but short passes he's terribly weak at. Gives the ball away all the time, and I think that's what is stopping him from being a really great second striker at a top team.

Yen

Need to put Michael Ngoo into the first team squad and give him a few appearances from the bench. He's hilariously brilliant, and would be something different.

edit: camera angle is terrible.

GorillaJu

Need to put Michael Ngoo into the first team squad and give him a few appearances from the bench. He's hilariously brilliant, and would be something different.

Is he? Never seen him play. He's always been absent when I watched a youth game.

Wilbur

Banned

I signed Michael Ngoo for Sutton United on FM and he's either always injured or shit.

Yen

Is he? Never seen him play. He's always been absent when I watched a youth game.

About 6 foot 7, built like an ox, but has the agility of someone a foot smaller. Very hardworking and his size helps when cllosing down.Dances around players with ease (and then hits the woodwork, probably). Needs to be playing at a higher level than U21, a loan to the Championship would be good.

PJX said:
Ngoo is quite good but I think he is more of a classic number 9 like Carroll and Llorente.

I'd say he is nothing like Carroll. Ngoo prefers the ball at his feet, running at defenders.

Edit: Coady did a very very Gerrard dive there.

GorillaJu

Oh, he's that gigantic black striker? Yeah he seems decent. I thought you were referring to someone who plays further back.

Im digging CS:GO very much. You can apparently play with kb/m on PS3, but I'm fine with a controller.

Yen

Liverpool 1 up against Man City's Earth Defence Squad. Nancy Pelosi with a tap in from an Adorjan cross. Jack Robinson injured after clashing with some Slovakian guy, might've been Razak, who is also off.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
tumblr_m9qsc6bpyu1qio3k2o2_500.gif

Realistically there is 4 or 5 clubs worldwide he would consider i reckon

Milan
Inter
City
barca (but no that just wouldn't happen
Chelsea

I can't think of any others with the buying/stature. city doesn't have the stature but they have the big money

or of course he could be a total knob, piss off to China as a mercenary and have it all end in tears like Drogba.

It's funny seeing Inter and Milan still being listed with these teams.
KuGsj.gif

Yen

DC#, I had no idea Sinclair was even playing. He's been absolutely anonymous, against Liverpool's second choice reserve back 4.

Cuddler

Late monday comment...really happy for Giovinco! I Hope that this 2 goals can help him to have more confidence! Can't wait to see Bendtner after the break for the national teams. Other things about serie A, Pescara is in trouble if nothing change, Napoli is probably the stronger contender for the Scudetto but the San Paolo field was terrible, the worst I've seen in my entire life, how is it possible that they let them play? At least no one had a serious injury. Inter has big problems in defense without Samuel (a fit Samuel). Great goal by Candreva and Klose...so good...if only he was playing with us we will probably have a chance of winning the Champions League...

dc89

DC#, I had no idea Sinclair was even playing. He's been absolutely anonymous, against Liverpool's second choice reserve back 4.

Before I found a stream a Twitter account I follow for the City academy & EDS news said he had a opportunity to score but missed.

Now I can watch it!

Yen

Liverpool goalie dives through the air, misses the ball, smashes into City player's shoulder. Blood everywhere.

Zabojnik

Today is the 23rd anniversary of the untimely and tragic death of the great Gaetano Scirea, a date that never passes without commemoration in the Juventus calendar. His name is honored with a star at the new ground and the Curva in which the club’s supporters sit will take it again too. He will never be forgotten.

Scirea had gone on a routine scouting trip to Poland to watch Górnik Zabrze, Juventus’ opponents in the first round of the 1989 UEFA Cup, a competition they would go on to win in his honor. The 36-year-old, who was then Dino Zoff’s assistant, had already been to see them play. He didn’t need to go again. But such was Scirea’s commitment to the club, he got in his car, waved goodbye to his wife Mariella and left for the airport in search of that something, which could give his beloved Juventus an edge.

Scirea would be involved in a road accident in the early hours of the Polish morning between Warsaw and Katowice. The news didn’t reach Italy until the afternoon. Juventus were on their way back from Verona where they had beaten Hellas 4-1. Sandro Ciotti, one of Italy’s great commentators, interrupted la Domenica Sportiva to break the story, his famous gravel-toned voice faltering over the words. The emotion was plain for everyone to hear and see.

GaetanoScirea.JPG

Scirea is one of only five players in European football history to have won all international trophies for football clubs recognized by UEFA and FIFA. Scirea is also one of only nine players in the history of the European football that won all three major UEFA football competitions. He played for the Italian national team for more than a decade during which he was irreplaceable as the leading defender, keeping Franco Baresi out of the national team for four years until he retired in 1986. Scirea became a World Champion with the 1982 FIFA World Cup winning team, which defeated Brazil 3–2 in a brilliantly played quarter-final match, and dominated Germany 3–1 in the final.

Scirea was a graceful defender of great skill and tactical ability. In contrast to the ruthless tactics often employed by other defenders, most notably his paired partner, Claudio Gentile, Scirea was renowned for his class, fair play and sportsmanship. Scirea never earned a red card in his career.

He played the sweeper, or libero, role for most of his career, and contributed to the development of this position initiated by Franz Beckenbauer in the 1970s. Thus, Scirea would detach himself from the defensive line and contribute to the attacking potential of his team, frequently being involved in the build-up of goals, and sometimes even scoring himself. In the latter part of his career, Scirea played a more defensive central-defender role, which he excelled at just the same.

Ciao Gai.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Scirea :(

I really wanted us to name our stadium after him.

1405_img_0641.jpg

At the risk of sounding like a sborrone, right now Pirlo is at 60%, Marchisio at 50%, Vidal at 40%. I'm glad we're winning even with such shit form, but I sincerely hope it was all planned. Start slow, get in near-top shape when the CL matches come around. I don't want us to get raped by Chelsea. :/
60% for Pirlo is extremely generous :p

There was certainly something different with the team, we took our foot off the pedal after their red card.

Late monday comment...really happy for Giovinco! I Hope that this 2 goals can help him to have more confidence! Can't wait to see Bendtner after the break for the national teams. Other things about serie A, Pescara is in trouble if nothing change, Napoli is probably the stronger contender for the Scudetto but the San Paolo field was terrible, the worst I've seen in my entire life, how is it possible that they let them play? At least no one had a serious injury. Inter has big problems in defense without Samuel (a fit Samuel). Great goal by Candreva and Klose...so good...if only he was playing with us we will probably have a chance of winning the Champions League...

Juvinco <3 2 goals and 1 assist already!

tri_willy

i for one wouldnt mind having owen back at liverpool, but im guessing his wages may be an issue & yes he aint the same player he used to be after getting nerfed in newcastle & worse he joined man utd. at least he may be able to pass some knowledge onto the younger strikers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom