• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.
did dzagoev move to a different club? that kid looked great at the euros.

Nope, he's still at CSKA and I think it would take a steep price for them to sell him. If he does leave though, I don't think he should go to the EPL, since like many Russian players his game would be better suited to Italy or Spain.

I mean look what the EPL did to ma boi Arshavin, now he's not even good enough to get a call up to the national team.

EDIT: Speaking of the national team, if there are any NI gaffers here, prepare to be whooped on the 7th. Capello is gonna bring the pain.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Nope, he's still at CSKA and I think it would take a steep price for them to sell him. If he does leave though, I don't think he should go to the EPL, since like many Russian players his game would be better suited to Italy or Spain.

I mean look what the EPL did to ma boi Arshavin, now he's not even good enough to get a call up to the national team.

yeah i was a huge arshavin fan since euro 2008. Didnt you guys beat holland there? I have a dutch cousin and her dad is a massive JT so i like to see them lose. Colombians are the same way theres only 1 in England and thats sorry ass rodallega. We do great in spain, italia and portugal.

Salazar

BrRwR.gif

:lol you motherfuckers argued for quite a few pages.

rififi

So how is Ronaldo's father's death a "professional problem" with Madrid?

It's not, some reports in Spain state that Ronaldo's relationship with other players, specifically Marcelo, is strained - that Ronaldo doesn't feel appreciated enough, and that he feels alone.

Also, a couple reports mention that Ronaldo met with Florentino on Saturday to say that he doesn't feel comfortable and wants to leave.

Of course this is Spanish media . . . so take all of this with a grain of salt.

yeah i was a huge arshavin fan since euro 2008. Didnt you guys beat holland there? I have a dutch cousin and her dad is a massive JT so i like to see them lose. Colombians are the same way theres only 1 in England and thats sorry ass rodallega. We do great in spain, italia and portugal.

Yes, yes we did. Best national team accomplishment since I've been following them. Gave me so much false hope. Arshavin, Bilya, Super Pav, and Zhirkov all went to England and ruined their careers and the national team too. And now we're in a qualifying group with Portugal for the world cup :(

sohois

Lollerpool

'The fact that Rodgers was then talking about the possibility of Carroll returning to Liverpool in January almost before he has unpacked his suitcase in London underscores how flawed those final hours were and how frustrated manager and supporters have been left'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/philmcnulty/2012/09/arsenal_defeat_adds_to_off_fie.html

Really?

Also could Liverpool not recall Caroll? Or did Rodgers forget to learn how to do that via FM ? :)

Because West Ham paid an upfront fee of £1million Liverpool are not allowed to simply recall him.

BigBoss

Show me Adriano under performing on a consistent basis first :p. I can't remember another game where he was bad other than his debut and that 2nd leg against Madrid. Also I agree with you, as I said a good squad player, definitely good enough for this team.

Cesc on the other hand, I am unsure of. Yeah he scores/assists yada yada yada. But his general play is so bad, Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta make his play look like he is Charlie Adam in comparison. It's so frustrating seeing how even Thiago is better suited for Barca. I have yet to see anything to suggest he can replace Xavi, maybe in his dreams. Maybe.

I completely agree, Adrianno does a good job when hes played at left back, not a spectacular player but he gets the job done. Fabregas has been a complete disappointment, he started well last season but somewhere around World Club Championship his form dipped tremendously. He missed 2 clear chances for goals today, the chip that went wide left and what was essentially an empty netter that he launched all the way to Mallorca. As you mentioned his skill on the ball is nowhere close to the other Barca midfielders and once Thiago gets healthy I don't see Fabregas playing much.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Yes, yes we did. Best national team accomplishment since I've been following them. Gave me so much false hope. Arshavin, Bilya, Super Pav, and Zhirkov all went to England and ruined their careers and the national team too. And now we're in a qualifying group with Portugal for the world cup :(

shit our accomplishments suck too. we tied germany in our group in 1990, beat argentina 5-0 in qualifying for the 94 world cup, and won the 2001 copa america cos Argentina didnt show up cos they said it wasnt safe, lol. fucking uruguay is our bogeyman now and we play friday :|

oh yeah and we killed 1 of our players because he scored an own goal in the world cup. also, i like newcastle because el tino asprilla played for them :)

Salazar

The break is a bummer, but the next round looks good.

City get Stoked, we smash Wigan, Everton dominate Newcastle, Sunderland give Liverpool some serious trouble, Arsenal get Rickie Lamberted.

And hopefully Fulham get their shit back together.

shit our accomplishments suck too. we tied germany in our group in 1990, beat argentina 5-0 in qualifying for the 94 world cup, and won the 2001 copa america cos Argentina didnt show up cos they said it wasnt safe, lol. fucking uruguay is our bogeyman now and we play friday :|

oh yeah and we killed 1 of our players because he scored an own goal in the world cup. also, i like newcastle because el tino asprilla played for them :)

The worst part is though is the flashes of potential we get sometimes. We played really well in qualifying for 2010 World Cup, won all our games except the two against Germany and even in those games we more than held our own. Then we go to a playoff and choke against Slovenia in the return leg. Then the Euros this year, dominate the Czechs in the first game then choke in the last group game against Greece.

I could accept it if the team was just plain bad I know it's not which makes it so much worse.

btw, what's up with Falcao's underwhelming scoring record for the national team?

Soi-Fong

It's not, some reports in Spain state that Ronaldo's relationship with other players, specifically Marcelo, is strained - that Ronaldo doesn't feel appreciated enough, and that he feels alone.

Also, a couple reports mention that Ronaldo met with Florentino on Saturday to say that he doesn't feel comfortable and wants to leave.

Anyone Ronaldo is having trouble with will be booted out. This is their star player.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Sounds like both of our countries are choke artists and under achievers. With Falcao he plays too far back on the national team and tries to build up play instead of playing as a pure 9. our players up front are young so maybe he doesnt trust them and his boy guarin is injury prone. we have a really good goalkeeper and he has kept us in it in this qualifying for brasil.

Falcao missed a penalty in the copa america last year too which was soul crushing because we were eliminated by peru in extra time. we are just a cheap football federation that wont splurge on a real coach. in many ways we and argentina have the same problems.

james rodriguez is only like 21 and he shows more promise than even falcao. love that kid.

dc89

Catching Up with MoTD2. Rafael marking Lambert.
My mind is full of fuck.

Evra - the gift which just keeps on giving.

DominoKid

weird. i thought ronaldo and marcelo were bros.

dc89

Those penalty areas were like a fucking Home Alone trap.

Pahaha

Well that game had everything.

Scholes - he dug united out the deep stuff today. How long can he keep doing it for? HAS to be replaced when he decides to retire for good.

GorillaJu

Diaby isn't really that much similar to Yaya Toure IMO – they're both big, wel rounded players but Diaby is nimbler and Toure is a better shooter.

Nyx

Another weekend, another game.

Last Saturdaynight, we went to ''An evening of NAC'', which is the popular saying for playing at NAC Breda on a saturdayevening, they are known for their great home-support.

It was a mediocre game, in which FC Utrecht was dominating almost the entire match, but the first and almost only chance of NAC Breda went in due to bad defending and a well-placed shot.

Utrecht made some changes, bringing in Tommy Oar for injured Nana Asare, and Zambian striker Jacob Mulenga came in for Cedric van der Gun, and these two were just what we needed to play forward more, resulting in the 1-1 by Swedish international Alexander Gerndt after a great crosspass from Mulenga.

We had quite some more chances but unfortunately none went in.

So in the end, NAC Breda - FC Utrecht 1-1.

Some photo's:

1D3_6821.jpg

1D3_6874.jpg

1D3_6890.jpg

IMG_2990.jpg

IMG_3260.jpg

IMG_3604.jpg

IMG_7063.jpg

And a blooper from Alexander Gerndt for your viewing pleasure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39FBBiUtxoM

dc89

Santi Cazorla is top! Arsenal have been really solid at the back and now they've got the duck off their back I can see them getting top 4. Unless they have a meltdown.

I had to chuckle at Rodgers. "We have a young team, Raheem, Joe Allen and Glen Johnson (28)."

Nyx

Damn. His touch was a blooper in itself, without the falling over.

Good pics.

Yep, he said after the game that due to his bad first touch, he tripped and fell.
Good thing he scored in the 2nd half though, he is a good striker imo.

FootballFan

How do you know it isn't because of the titles? Those players have already reached the highest stage they can, at least for at the moment and I would say that has a huge part to do with it. They even got youth players like Pique and Fabregas has already left them once. Not to say of course that some players aren't loyal like De Rossi.

I actually agree with you here Wooden(rare moment! :p). Out of all our players, if we were to get relegated: I think Puyol, Messi and Valdes would stay. Not 100% sure on the rest(Iniesta, Busquets, Xavi, Cuenca etc would probably stay but I wouldn't bet my life on it).

Xavi I guess would stay now considering his age and I can't really see Iniesta going anywhere else.

Puyol is Barca, Messi, has said countless times, before Barca even became extremely successful that he owes everything to the club and won't leave unless he is told he is not needed(who knows if he genuinely means it, though I am pretty sure he does), Valdes would never leave seeing as no-one would want him and he too is very loyal to the club. etc.

Fabregas has been a complete disappointment, he started well last season but somewhere around World Club Championship his form dipped tremendously. As you mentioned his skill on the ball is nowhere close to the other Barca midfielders and once Thiago gets healthy I don't see Fabregas playing much.

I can't believe that we seriously prefer Thiago over Cesc, imagine how gooners would feel reading that lol.

I just don't think he is good enough....yet(I hope), before someone pulls out stats, stats don't show you how good/bad players are, Cesc probably has better stats but I would rather have Iniesta playing with the flu while wearing an eye-patch. I still hope he proves me wrong and does something other than score/assist(which even that he isn't doing much anymore).

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Falcao's father:

‘Ever since he was a boy he has loved Chelsea and has always thought it would be an honour to play for a big Premier League team.’

lol

Ever since Robben took that penalty, would be more accurate.

qindarka

Banned
Falcao's father:

lol

Ever since Robben took that penalty, would be more accurate.

I highly doubt that story is true, too. Didn't it come from the Daily Fail?

And on a sidenote, Robben's missed penalty didn't lose the game single handedly. It was still very early in extra time.

Choc

Banned
so apparently Drogba can be signed to the premier league

liverpool could do a lot worse, they have free'd up 450k weekly wages recently

dont give him 450 a week but give him something, even if its just 1 year to get through this problem.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Gomes and Cudicini are to be loaned to the Championship now that Lloris has arrived. A bit of rough and tumble down there will be good for them, if Gomes does well he might be able to convince a decent side to take a punt next summer.

dc89

Some pics from yesterday! Sorry, they were on my phone.

MdQsLl.jpg

Di Canio subbing the keeper off.

pZM1pl.jpg

Sodje was close to scoring again!

J4rXpl.jpg

PNE line up for a free kick

wriUJl.jpg

jENVnl.jpg

Bailey Wright

1KdTJl.jpg

From the corner the ball was cleared just past the 18 yard box but it was lashed in for PNE's 4th.

GorillaJu

If Drogba is seriously available I have to say I'd like Rodgers to consider a short term deal, so long as its reasonable, financially. Even if he was just a backup to take the pressure off of Suarez and Borini, I'd be fine with it.

More likely that we're looking at Klasnic, though. Rodgers did seem to hint pretty heavily that we'd be looking to bring someone in for the interim on a free.

Lightning

Banned
I just don't think he is good enough....yet(I hope), before someone pulls out stats, stats don't show you how good/bad players are, Cesc probably has better stats but I would rather have Iniesta playing with the flu while wearing an eye-patch. I still hope he proves me wrong and does something other than score/assist(which even that he isn't doing much anymore).
You send Cesc back to Arsenal and you'll see just how good he is. Really really good.

pappe

Sky are reporting that Ronaldo has told the Madrid board he wants to leave?

If he wants to leave(IF), Where will he go? Who will pay his wages? Everything else seems like a massive downgrade from Real and Barca wont take him on, nor will Real sell to Barca.

Choc

Banned
Guys serious question

would you want football manager and FIFA 13 to impose the Rangers transfer block into the respective games?

My feeling is

1) FM Yes
2) FIFA no

why? FIFA is not really a true management sim. Has management side yes, but nothing like FM.

Wilbur

Banned
Guys serious question

would you want football manager and FIFA 13 to impose the Rangers transfer block into the respective games?

My feeling is

1) FM Yes
2) FIFA no

why? FIFA is not really a true management sim. Has management side yes, but nothing like FM.

Agreed with FM yes, FIFA no. FM does a good job with transfer budgets, points deductions, administration etc, FIFA's just fun.

madmackem

Sky are reporting that Ronaldo has told the Madrid board he wants to leave?

If he wants to leave(IF), Where will he go? Who will pay his wages? Everything else seems like a massive downgrade from Real and Barca wont take him on, nor will Real sell to Barca.

Id love to see him back at man yooo and i aint even a fan. Hes up there with gazza, cantona, bergkamp and henry as the best players ive seen live id love to see him live again.

Choc

Banned
yep rodgers is one of the safest managers in the PL

' It will take time for Brendan to instill his philosophy into the squad and build exactly what he needs for the long term.'

It makes sense, finally a board that has the patience required.

Choc

Banned
Our ambitions do not lie in cementing a mid-table place with expensive, short-term quick fixes that will only contribute for a couple of years.

ahhaha oh dear King Kenny slammed in that very sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom