• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

This sounds very plausible. And RM are fucking morons if they rejected an armband. I guess it made CR7 realise they only care about him as a footballer and market item rather then him personally

Well yeah but if it was Arbeloa's dads 7th anniversary would they get Madrid to wear armband in his honour? I really doubt it, CR shouldn't be a special case and I am pretty sure Madridistas would agree with me there. Then again it's not that hard for Perez to just do the minute of silence anyway..

edit
Also, I think cr7 is the 2nd best, there can be arguments made for Iniesta, but CR7 surely is 2nd. The only thing that annoys me is arguing that he is better than Messi, he isn't. (I dont see whats so bad about having the 2nd best player, he is great)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Ronaldo is more versatile than Messi, that's probably why I would pick him.

Well yeah but if it was Arbeloa's dads 7th anniversary would they get Madrid to wear armband in his honour? I really doubt it, CR shouldn't be a special case and I am pretty sure Madridistas would agree with me there. Then again it's not that hard for Perez to just do the minute of silence anyway..

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they need the Liga's approval for this.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'm neither but I do get the impression that the vast majority of people who don't consider Ronaldo at least the second best don't like Ronaldo.

I don't understand how Ronaldo could not be at least the 2nd best in the world? Could you say he has ever had a bad year? He has been a decisive factor in his teams seasonal performance since 2006.

I hope we're talking football here and you guys aren't basing your decisions on emotions..
My opinion is that Messi is 1st and everyone else is fighting for bronze. The distance is just that huge.

Salazar

Alex getting her promotion on.

kejDB.png
DwlAX.png

0aLLg.png
F549J.png

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Man this Luther show was great, I'm eagearly anticipating series 3.

Idris Elba is such an awesome actor.

pappe

Ronaldo has almost single handedly carried the whole Real Madrid side for the past 2 years. Messi has the best supporting act in Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Alves.

Having said that Messi at times has carried that side all on his alone as well.

How any1 can say that these 2 great players are not head and shoulders above the rest of the players is beyond me. The impact of these 2 players is just huge nothing and no player can come close to achieving that.

Lightning

Banned
Ronaldo has almost single handedly carried the whole Real Madrid side for the past 2 years. Messi has the best supporting act in Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Alves.

How any1 can say that these 2 great players are not head and shoulders above the rest of the players is beyond me. The impact of these 2 players is just huge nothing and no player can come close to achieving that.
Maybe it's just me but Ozil does more than his fair share at Real Madrid so it's not all down to Ronaldo and they have the worlds best goal keeper at the other end of the field.

The biggest problem is that strikers seem to get more credit than they sometimes deserve just because they are the ones putting the ball in the net. There is more to winning a gane than that.

I heard that him and Iker don't quite get along and he is angry because RM officials back Casillas over him for the major awards. Any truth in that? Not sure what goes on at Real Madrid.

Nobody really knows what's going on in the media. We always get half trues behind full lies.

Stubo

Wait, what?
BBC said:
Brazil forward Hulk, who was linked with Chelsea earlier this summer, has joined Zenit St Petersburg from Porto in a transfer deal reportedly worth 40 million euros (£32m).
€40m? This seems lower than expected?

pappe

Maybe it's just me but Ozil does more than his fair share at Real Madrid so it's not all down to Ronaldo and they have the worlds best goal keeper at the other end of the field.

The biggest problem is that strikers seem to get more credit than they sometimes deserve just because they are the ones putting the ball in the net. There is more to winning a gane than that.

Its the similar case with Xavi and Iniesta at Barca. They dont get enough credit and Messi is always in the center of limelight.

Let me put it this way, take CR7 out of Madrid and take Messi out of Barca. Both the teams are a lot lot lot less intimidating without them. Replacing Xavi, Iniesta ,Ozil, Benzema and Casillas is possible. Replacing Messi and CR7 is next to impossible.

PJX

Ozil? Alonso? Higuain when playing? Casillas ?

I think you need to rethink your statement.

pappe

Ozil? Alonso? Higuain when playing? Casillas ?

I think you need to rethink your statement.

Yes he has had amazing support from those players similar to how Messi has had amazing support from Xavi, Iniesta, Alves Villa and Sanchez.
But both players have won games for their teams single handedly through individual genius many times over the past 2 yrs.

What my point was that the effect of Messi and Cr7's name being on the team sheets is such a huge boost that very very very few players in the world can come close to competing with that. That is why these 2 players are by FAAAAR the best 2 players in the world. No1 comes close to that.

Choc

Banned
the way you settle this is you look at last season and remove all of ronaldo and messi goals and adjust points accordingly.

so if they won 3-2 becaues of a messi goal it becomes 2-2 and a pt etc

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Who here is getting FIFA 13 and which platform?

Thinking about PC just so it runs at 60 fps and resolution is higher and cleaner.

Seeing as FIFA 12 was just fine on PC and I'm building a new one this weekend I'll probably get it for PC. Providing I hear they didn't pull a FIFA 11 on us again, man that was a horrible PC version.

pappe

Pedro - David Villa - Alexis Sanchez.

Still scary as fuck.

Not much more scarier than

RVP - Rooney - Valencia -Kagawa
Or
Hazard - Torres - Mata-
Or
Benzema-Higuain-Di Maria
Or
Gomez-Robben-Ribery-Muller

Add Messi to that trio you mentioned. Noone will come close to competing with that.

the way you settle this is you look at last season and remove all of ronaldo and messi goals and adjust points accordingly.

and assists too.

FootballFan

That was already done, finding the pic now.

here it is:
sELvh.png

I hope there was some mistake because we can't rely that much on 1 guy.. :(

edit
obviously this would mean Barca and Madrid played with 10 men lol. Someone else would be in there scoring but obviously not the same rate of assists/goals as Messi or Ronaldo.

Clegg

Banned Paper are linking United with Damiao.

I've now sussed out Frogies strategy. He's buying all the available attacking talent so our rivals can't have them.

Flawless plan.

Stubo

Since people are generally helpful and friendly in here, what the hell is Backstabo in the Cabo? Google has failed me thus far
Sounds like some sort of betrayal happened in Cabo, wherever that is.

Newspaper headline writing at its finest? ...if not, I have no idea.

panty

I have to agree, Ronnie's 150 goals in 3 seasons is fucking massive. Imo he was the decisive matter for winning the league. Of course he's not alone on the field but there were games where he scored all the goals and carried the team through.

Now if this is about money, fuck you Ronnie. You're one of the top paid athletes already. All this media bullshit is really sad and it will be a huge hit for us if he leaves.

That said, the hate is still strong itt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom