• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Your avatar is fucking brilliant.
jXlZS.gif
jXlZS.gif
jXlZS.gif

NHale

I read it was 50mil for him and 40 for Witsel.

It was 60M for Hulk and 40M for Witsel. BBC is probably reporting based on FC Porto official statement to the trade market where it's said they will only receive 40M of those 60M because they only had 85% of the rights and the rest of those 20M will go to taxes, funds and agent fee.

I heard that him and Iker don't quite get along and he is angry because RM officials back Casillas over him for the major awards. Any truth in that? Not sure what goes on at Real Madrid.

It seems evident that there is a divide between Spanish and Portuguese/Brazilian players in the locker room. Spanish press always praise the Spanish players even when they make dumb mistakes while Marcelo and Coentrão are always criticized everytime they make a mistake. On the other hand, Mourinho is always the first to publicly defend the Portuguese players (aka as Jorge Mendes fraternity) while going after Sergio Ramos and Casillas publicly. Can't wait for the unavoidable fallout between Mourinho and RM/Spanish prima donnas, the only question is when.

GorillaJu

You can't just remove goals and assists from that player and then count your points. If you didn't have Messi as your center forward, you'd have someone else in that position The outcome of the games would change dramatically.

Bumhead

Banned
The Wednesday Football Club were founded 145 years ago today.

Looked like we might not make it to this landmark at various points in the last 10 years, but here's to another 145.

Salazar

You can't just remove goals and assists from that player and then count your points. If you didn't have Messi as your center forward, you'd have someone else in that position The outcome of the games would change dramatically.

Unless that player is Federico Macheda. Categorically fucken invisible.

Shirokov on his two new teammates:
Only after Hulk and Witsel play on the late autumn garden-like pitches and experience a couple multi-hour plane rides can we begin talking about their adaptation to Russia and their invaluable contributions to Zenit

Oh Roma, you're as crazy as ever.

bud23

The truth about Ronaldo .......According to Marca

Club president Florentino Pérez and his right-hand man José Ángel Sánchez were totally shocked on Saturday when the Portuguese asked to speak to them. His words were those of a man who has given his all in every minute he has played for the club, but who cannot hold back anymore.

Ronaldo's sadness can't be cured with money.

Ronaldo is more concerned about respect, affection and recognition as opposed to an improved contract. The player does not feel he has the backing of the club, his teammates or the fans. At least, not the way believes he deserves.

He is disappointed with Real Madrid because of its lack of support as a club in his quest for the UEFA Best Player in Europe Award and also because of other small details that other clubs do for their star players which he does not have. He also feels frustrated with Real's system of selecting a captain, which is based on the time the players spend at the club.

The saddened star is also worried that his teammates do not see him as a leader on the pitch and in the changing room. He thinks they do not appreciate the sacrifices he has made for the team.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I love Iniesta but THIRD on the list is fucking ridiculous, I'm sorry. He was one of the stand out players in the Euros though and deserves the award.

I don't know what's the criteria behind those lists (top 3, not UEFA's list), is it the Most Valuable Players? Surely Iker, a defensive midfielder and a defender should be up there as well?

The Ballon d'Or must stop being all about goals, it feels like the Golden Boot part deux. Messi scoring more than Ronaldo doesn't necessarily mean he had the better season and therefore wins the Ballon d'Or.

NHale

"I demand to be Real Madrid's captain, I'm more valuable and offer more leadership than Iker Casillas. Who is he, by the way? Clearly someone that played here for 3 years bleeds Real Madrid more than someone that always played here.

If I was the captain, I would teach all my teammates to scream and whine at each other while moving their arms around everytime a teammate fails to pass them the ball. I'm the true captain of this team, so give me what it's already mine by right"

Why on earth does he want to be captain?

The same reason he demanded to be Portugal's captain: To be the guy to lift the trophies in case we win anything.

panty

The man deserves all the credit there is. He won us the league last season and he is the one who keeps us in the game with Barca at the moment. There, I said it. No matter how JT'ish he comes out now.

And a big fucking lol to the "zomg he so selfish grow up Ronaldo pissface" nonsense. He's more of a team player now than he's ever been in his career.

Well he's gone if that's true.
"I demand to be Real Madrid's captain, I'm more valuable and offer more leadership than Iker Casillas. Who is he, by the way? Clearly someone that played here for 3 years bleeds Real Madrid more than someone that always played here.

If I was the captain, I would teach all my teammates to scream and whine at each other while moving their arms around everytime a teammate fails to pass them the ball. I'm the true captain of this team, so give me what it's already mine by right"

The same reason he demanded to be Portugal's captain: To be the guy to lift the trophies in case we win anything.

That's great, you know what he really thinks. Oh and who is he? He's the one who WINS US something.

sohois

Ronaldo's comments seem completely opposed to the ethos of Ferguson and United, if anything it sounds like the perfect club for him would be Chelsea or some club like that.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Adriano—after a raucous party at his Barra da Tijuca home, he ran over a motorcyclist in his BMW in the Vila Cruzeiro favela.

A179lWWCUAA_7gO.jpg

I still think its a new contract he wants. That makes more sense. He will be earning less soon so I can see why he would want a bumper contract and you can even argue he is within his rights to ask for that.

Captain, leadership, all this stuff. Makes no sense.

I wonder what the "small details other clubs do for their star players" refers to though. Would have thought RM were more than generous to their stars.

Bumhead

Banned
Happy Birthday.

Why is the club called Wednesday?

Long story short; The club was originally a cricket club who played on Wednesdays. With the formation of professional clubs and the first association rules of the game in Sheffield at the time, the cricket club decided to take up football and so The Wednesday Football Club was born (later changing its name to Sheffield Wednesday as its known now).

Choc

Banned
Honestly you have Ronaldo

and then you have footballers like Muamba

Why can't all footballers realise how fucking lucky they have it (generally)?

FootballFan

Looooool

Come on Cris, let Fagie give you a hug.

Why on earth does he want to be captain?

Dunno.. if he does he is basically saying he deserves it more than Casillas :lol

Meh this whole thing will blow over once he gets enough attention, which is what I think he wants.

Random pic to make CR happy:

weOuT.jpg

qindarka

Banned
Ronaldo's comments seem completely opposed to the ethos of Ferguson and United, if anything it sounds like the perfect club for him would be Chelsea or some club like that.

What on earth does this have to do with Chelsea? Did you have to sneak in a cheap shot?

And Marca is unreliable. Let's stop slagging Ronaldo off based on this article until we actually get something concrete.

Lightning

Banned
This is why I like Messi a lot. He doesn't come across as a self centred egotistical jackass despite being the clear best player in the world hes still a great guy.

Ronaldo just comes across as an asshole who thinks everyone is beneath him. Casillas has given heaps to real madrid and Spain and deserves to be respected for it.

sohois

The world's best paid footballers via Marca.
http://www.101greatgoals.com/wp-content/gallery/gimages/marcaronaldo.jpg[IMG]

Who the hell is Conca? [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/jXlZS.gif

Quick google reveals he is a little known argentinian player who plays for Guangzhou in the Chinese League. Apparently won Brazil league player of the year in '09 & '10

qindarka said:
What on earth does this have to do with Chelsea? Did you have to sneak in a cheap shot?

And Marca is unreliable. Let's stop slagging Ronaldo off based on this article until we actually get something concrete.

It was a cheap shot, but I don't think many would disagree that Chelsea are the kind of club to bend over backwards for a player, I don't doubt the would change club captain to appease them.

qindarka

Banned
Nowhere even in the unreliable Marca did Ronaldo say he wanted to be captain. Let's stop making stuff up and then using it as a stick to beat Ronaldo with.

The world's best paid footballers via Marca.
marcaronaldo.jpg

Who the hell is Conca?
jXlZS.gif

I seriously doubt Messi is that low.

Do you guys think that Ronaldo would exchange last year's La Liga title for that player of the year award that Iniesta won? Sad as it is I think he definitely would.

FootballFan

Nowhere even in the unreliable Marca did Ronaldo say he wanted to be captain. Let's stop making stuff up and then using it as a stick to beat Ronaldo with.

I seriously doubt Messi is that low.

Messi and Ronaldo both make more from sponsors/advertisements etc than they do from playing. So overall they earn more than those guys above.

I agree with you about Ronaldo and as I said this will blow over, he will score a hat trick in the next game and all will be forgotten.

qindarka

Banned
Quick google reveals he is a little known argentinian player who plays for Guangzhou in the Chinese League. Apparently won Brazil league player of the year in '09 & '10

It was a cheap shot, but I don't think many would disagree that Chelsea are the kind of club to bend over backwards for a player, I don't doubt the would change club captain to appease them.

Again, we are making too much of this captaincy issue. According to Marca, Ronaldo said he wanted to be recognised as a leader, not that he demanded the captaincy.

And there is absolutely no way Chelsea would give Ronaldo or anyone else the captaincy as long as Terry and Lampard remain at the club.

Edit: Never mind. May have been antagonising. Also reread and saw the line where Ronaldo was allegedly unhappy with Real's system of selecting the captain. Even if true, which I highly doubt, it does not immediately follow that he wants the captaincy for himself

Diablos54

Come to Chelsea, Ronaldo! We already have one JT, we can handle another one. WE'LL MAKE YOU CAPTIAN!! WE'LL GIVE YOU EVERYTHING, JUST COME TO US!! :(

I doubt it. Messi, Ronaldo and Beckham topped that one IIRC.
Yeah it doesn't.

Those figures are off anyway. Ronaldo earns more than £150k a week. He was earning that much at United.

Also Kompany who just got put on £190k? Tevez? RVP? Plus it's Marca, they're just bound to be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom