• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

3Sixty

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri
Del Piero-Liverpool:apparently Liverpool offer arrived too late!Seems Alex turned down Liverpool offer cause already gave his word to Sydney

Meier

Driving a mini in texas is pretty ballsy

Yeah, it's mostly trucks and SUVs here.. everything's bigger in Texas and all that. I've had two Minis though and love it (had one before moving to Chicago where I had no car for 3+ years then got this one). If it's determined that it's totaled, I may get a different car next time -- I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Jesus! Are you okay? I have the same car so that is scary :/

Yep, my back hurts a little bit but I think it's just typical pains after getting in an accident. My fiancee is going to get checked out by her doctor this afternoon just in case. I haven't bothered to set up a primary care physician here so I can't really get into see anyone but I'll probably go to a clinic in the next few days if I notice any major pain.

The airbags didn't deploy since I was stationary before we got hit -- apparently they cost about $4k per airbag to replace so given this scenario, they probably will try and repair the car rather than total it. I guess the airbags alone can be worth half the price of the car in terms of repairs.

bud23

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri
Del Piero-Liverpool:apparently Liverpool offer arrived too late!Seems Alex turned down Liverpool offer cause already gave his word to Sydney

Too bad,would have been interesting to see Del piero at the Premier.

K1LLER7

Yeah, it's mostly trucks and SUVs here.. everything's bigger in Texas and all that. I've had two Minis though and love it (had one before moving to Chicago where I had no car for 3+ years then got this one). If it's determined that it's totaled, I may get a different car next time -- I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Glad your okay, you can't leave DC on his own :)

GQman2121

Banned
Meireles out to Turkey, and now it looks like Malouda is next out the door. Not included in our Champions League roster. Time for Oscar, Romeu and Piazon to grab some minutes I guess. Well, at least I hope so anyway.

Meier

Looks like Kolo was not registered for the CL despite the fact he missed the window for Galatasaray to register him. I wonder if there are any clubs out there who he would still agree to move to even if he can't play in the CL for them? I guess the scenario would be no different for him which is probably why the team didn't register him.

The problem is most teams who might try and sign him would have less reason to do so now.

Fergie

Banned
Was waiting for a red light while driving to work this morning and got rear-ended.. guy said his breaks gave out. My little car got crunched up against a pickup truck in front of me. :(

564413_10102241362727973_735037546_n.jpg

My fiancee and I seem okay although my lower back hurts a little bit. Seems like typical post-accident pain though, nothing too severe.

Glad you're okay bro.

Football-GAF living dangerously.

GQman2121

Banned
Who do Chelsea have left in CM?

Mikel, Lampard, Ramires, Romeu? Nothing too special IMO.

There's a lot of talk - amongst supporters - that David Luiz should be coming up to play in the hole if Azpilicueta can catch on at RB within the next few games.

I'm all for that because Luiz is a pretty shit defender when put in between the ball and the keeper. With help he can be above average and his mental lapses won't necessarily end up in the back of the net.

Stubo

I don't think anyone replied last time, but does anyone play FIFA 12 on PC? Impressions, thoughts?

Sure the temptation to buy FIFA 13 will eventually become too much, thinking I'll likely switch from console unless there's any pressing reasons against.

Meier

It will be fun to play with the Russian teams in FIFA 13 I think.

I actually used Zenit as my main team in FIFA 12 Player/Manager mode. I liked the original transfer budget and my guy was not so bad compared to the competition that he dragged the entire team down.

Criscito ends up being like an 88 or 89 in FIFA 12.. one of the best in the world.

Zabojnik

intermerda.jpg

Oh well. Classic Del Piero keeping his word and being such a gentleman. That man's too brilliant.

Damn, Del Piero to Liverpool would've made me so happy. Not that it would make much sense for either Alex or Liverpool, to be honest. I think Delpo was after a club that could more or less guarantee him a starting XI spot. He's all class, but he'll also be 38 in a couple of months and in a top club like the Reds, he'd probably fall into the token strikers category. Still, to see him play on Anfield would've been amazing and all kinds of symbolic, given the tragic history between Juve and Liverpool.

Also, Meier is from Texas?! Mind blown. Glad you and your lady are both okay.
Now go buy a real car. :p

dc89

Was waiting for a red light while driving to work this morning and got rear-ended.. guy said his breaks gave out. My little car got crunched up against a pickup truck in front of me. :(

My fiancee and I seem okay although my lower back hurts a little bit. Seems like typical post-accident pain though, nothing too severe.

I hope your ok dude! My GF has a Mini!

---

So Ronaldo's statement. It's hardly "I want to stay at Madrid."

City fans every are starting to Believe

elseanio

Europa league squad :eek:

1 Brad Jones
25 Pepe Reina
42 Péter Gulácsi

2 Glen Johnson
3 José Enrique
5 Daniel Agger
16 Sebastián Coates
22 Danny Wilson
23 Jamie Carragher
34 Martin Kelly
37 Martin Škrtel
38 Jonathon Flanagan
43 Ryan McLaughlin
49 Jack Robinson

4 Nuri Şahin
8 Steven Gerrard
10 Joe Cole
14 Jordan Henderson
19 Stewart Downing
21 Lucas
24 Joe Allen
31 Raheem Sterling
33 Jonjo Shelvey

7 Luis Suárez
11 Oussama Assaidi
12 Daniel Pacheco
29 Fabio Borini
30 Suso
36 Samed Yesil
50 Adam Morgan

Yen

Surprised to see Pacheco there. He's not in the PL squad and hasn't played since the American tour. Yesil also in.

ATF487

Glad you're ok, sorry about the car :(

I want to get a manual mini when my old Corolla dies out

Kyoufu

Glad you're both ok. :)

Arnie

Enrique's new trim makes him look like a character from Breaking Bad. The top off and pearl drop undies made me laugh too.

Happy for Suso. Surely he has to move up to Melwood now.
Hi guys. I just wanted to say that my parents are divorcing and I feel like shit

So I hope you'll understand why I might seem sad and/or angry.

Cheers
Sorry mate. Mine are divorced, although they have been almost my entire life so it feels like normality for me.

dc89

Hi guys. I just wanted to say that my parents are divorcing and I feel like shit

Cheers

Sorry to hear this. My mum and dad divorced many years ago.

I know it's hard to understand but sometimes it's for the best. It is still hard though.

Brakes gave out, hmmm. Your car gets wrecked and I near get wiped out on my motorcycle in the same week by drivers with dodgy brakes. It's an epidemic!

Hope you're both ok.

Meier

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. I guess we'll see how I'm feeling when I wake up tomorrow..

Cheers
Ugh, sorry to hear that. :( Those of us who have folks that have stayed together are very fortunate (most of the time).

rodvik

Hope you are well! Some advice, be really careful around your neck the next few days. if you feel pain go to a doctor and apply ice immediately, lots of ice.

I had a car accident, felt fine then whiplash kicked in a few days later, it was brutal. I still feel twinges 4 months later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom