• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

I've had two kidney stones.. well, 3 really. Presumably, my second was so big that it broke into two parts and the next bit came out a few days later. :( That or I just had two at a time -- absolutely brutal, I was lying in the tub just absolutely in the worst pain in the world for about 7 or 8 hours (from around midnight to 7 AM) the night before I passed the first part on the second go-round. The other part came a few days later and was mostly pain free other than when it actually passed.

My first one was when I was only 20 and it was pretty miserable but not nearly as bad as the second one I had about 2 years ago.

Was listening to his near death experience having kidney stones removed and seeing a bee have a heart attack earlier this morning on the train, was struggling to hold my laughter back at just how ridiculous and hilarious it was. Then he went on to talk about how a insect must have had "its way with a stick" because of a walking stick.

Oh the audio only stuff is on another level, as much as I enjoy An Idiot Abroad and The Ricky Gervais Gold the old Podcasts and Audiobooks are just spectacular. I wish I could go back and listen to them with virgin ears again.

Here's a clip you might not have heard -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA1GbqWxmTg

I thought an idiot abroad lost it's charm after series 1. It's funny, but when you know he knows what's to be expected, it really loses it's charm. Classic XFM Karl is best Karl. He's just a characterised version of himself now.

Fabregas and Ronaldo aren't happy at their clubs?

Fagie plz.
Cesc will now demand his dream move to Arsenal so he can go "home".

Oh the audio only stuff is on another level, as much as I enjoy An Idiot Abroad and The Ricky Gervais Gold the old Podcasts and Audiobooks are just spectacular. I wish I could go back and listen to them with virgin ears again.

Here's a clip you might not have heard -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA1GbqWxmTg

:lol

I thought an idiot abroad lost it's charm after series 1. It's funny, but when you know he knows what's to be expected, it really loses it's charm. Classic XFM Karl is best Karl. He's just a characterised version of himself now.

At least he finally got his rectal exam.

Still thought there was some genuinely fantastic moments, really liked the midget village and how he actually liked that, was probably thinking about how he wanted it in his freak book.

ATF487

I was gonna post something like this; didn't really like Life's Too Short either. Merchant was my favorite from the podcasts too

_

Got another interview with a company I interviewed with a little over a week ago woooooooooooo

Clegg

Cesc will now demand his dream move to Arsenal so he can go "home".

Arsenals chairman has just admitted they can't compete with their rivals when it comes to making big name signings.

Welcome to the Theatre of Dreams, Cesc.

I was gonna post something like this; didn't really like Life's Too Short either. Merchant was my favorite from the podcasts too

Merchant is alright, Gervais pisses me off though, very rarely funny and usually fucking obnoxious, often mocking what Karl is sayign even when it makes sense.

Lightning

Banned
Fabregas and Ronaldo aren't happy at their clubs?

Fagie plz.
Cesc won't go to united. I have absolute faith in that. If he leaves Barca he can come back home to arsenal where he should have stayed.

Arsenals chairman has just admitted they can't compete with their rivals when it comes to making big name signings.

Welcome to the Theatre of Dreams, Cesc.
50-80million we can't no but we can afford Cesc especially Wenger thinks of Cesc like a son.

Merchant is alright, Gervais pisses me off though, very rarely funny and usually fucking obnoxious, often mocking what Karl is sayign even when it makes sense.
Personally I enjoy most of Ricky Gervais' comedy. Though obnoxious describes him perfectly. I think he's becoming more of a dick the more famous he gets. I always thought that Merchant was the brains behind the the two, and find him to have a more likeable character. I went to see him live and thought he put on a good show.

Cesc won't go to united. I have absolute faith in that. If he leaves Barca he can come back home to arsenal where he should have stayed.
oct26cescandrobin.jpg

Re-United.

Meier

I really really really don't like Gervais' laugh.

WHAT?! It's magical. One of my favorite things on earth.

I thought An Idiot Abroad season/series 2 was fantastic personally.. really hopeful that the forthcoming special isn't the last of it. One of my favorite shows on TV.

jtb

Banned

50-80million we can't no but we can afford Cesc especially Wenger thinks of Cesc like a son.

Is it true that Arsenal have first option on Cesc if he ever chose to leave Barcelona? Or was that just journo BS made up for the fact that we got an outrageously low fee for him? If so, we might actually have a decent chance at getting him back. Too bad we don't have too many sellable assets in the team to cover the transfer (since you know everyone associated with this club is too fucking cheap to buy before selling, even on the closest thing we're going to get to a known quantity); Theo......... + the Song money? Maybe the Adebayor money, which is probably just sitting in some bank somewhere? /pipedream

Lightning

Banned
City and Chelsea have a much better chance of signing Cesc than united. Both clubs can offer better wages, better transfer few, offer trophies and are known admirers.

Isn't this his last season with Chelsea?
Yeah, but he'll probably sign a new deal. The only reported reason Didier didn't stay was because he wouldn't take a 1 year rolling contract. I assume Super Frank will probably be offered the same, but I dare say he'd take it.

Lightning

Banned
RVP never threw a pizza at Fergie though. Mistakes were made, bridges burnt.
Some of Cesc's reactions when we lost games was so awesome. I remember the west ham game where after we lost Cesc refused to shake hands with anyone, picked a fight and stormed to the dressing room.

I love Cesc! No matter what club he plays for, Cesc will always be my idol!

IceCold

Is this the reason why Ronaldo is sad?

However, as we have seen in the past, politics plays an important role in deciding who wins the Ballon d'Or. In 2010, Wesley Sneijder deserved the prize, but the political climate was against him. It is possible that politics may work against Ronaldo also. If he doesn't have allies within Real Madrid as an institution, and they have decided to back Casillas - as it has been speculated in some quarters - then his chances of success decrease significantly.
http://www.goal.com/en/live-update/1194/cristiano-ronaldo-live-debate

Ronaldo responds: http://www.whosay.com/CristianoRonaldo/content/386486?wsref=tw&code=vtH46h5

Wilbur

Banned
Some of Cesc's reactions when we lost games was so awesome. I remember the west ham game where after we lost Cesc refused to shake hands with anyone, picked a fight and stormed to the dressing room.

I love Cesc! No matter what club he plays for, Cesc will always be my idol!

Sounds like a bellend to me.

Wilbur

Banned
That Deadwood season 1 finale. Top tier show.

Such an amazing hour of television. Huzzah.

Fucking yes Arnold. Now watch the first episode of season two and cum everywhere at the sheer masculinity.

Buttner has been listed as a forward in Uniteds CL squad.

Mistake or does SAF know something we don't?

Probably threatened to knife Fergas if he didn't play him where he wanted to be played.

FootballFan

Now Cesc is complaining.

Maybe he'll go back to the club he loved.

And then get sold to United a year later

Meh us Barca-GAF here were discussing Cesc, if he wants to play maybe he should start playing at least to the level of Sergi Roberto when he does get his chances.

I can't wait until Thiago is fully fit, then Cesc will see how to play in our midfield. Just so slow and bad at controlling a game, Busquets/Xavi/Iniesta make Cesc look like a new kid from the youth academy. I am truly amazed at times just how bad he is sometimes..

Clegg

Cesc is undoubtedly one of the best midfielders in the world.

However, he doesn't look all that comfortable playing that Barca style. Its the same story with Alexis Sanchez.

FootballFan

Cesc is undoubtedly one of the best midfielders in the world.

However, he doesn't look all that comfortable playing that Barca style. Its the same story with Alexis Sanchez.

I agree, he doesn't really know where to stand. Alexis I think does suit it more though, he has started the season a bit slow but overall he makes great runs, hustles a lot and runs at defenders, which is what we need on the wings(still prefer Pedro though).

Masch is a great example, doesn't complain when he is on the bench, but when he is used, he does a great job(except for that Madrid mistake) and thus he gets to start every couple of games.

Getting a little but muppety at the prospect of Cesc playing for United.

Just need 3-5 more posts about it to tip me over the edge.

Apparently he arrived in Manchester and is a huge SAF fan. Plus we are willing to sell him for 10m.

/not really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom