• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

644613_461188190568206_1770250167_n.jpg

Maximum respect.

I need to download all the Karl stuff at some point, I find him hilarious, and I end up just spending evenings googling his name on Youtube.

RaGe_pt

Please tell him to buy Newcastle. We want to be awesome too :(

He has dedicated all of his life to our club. He's responsible for the club we are today. Pinto Da Costa won:
57 titles in Football
17 titles in Handball
26 titles in Basketball
57 titles in rollerskate hockey.

Cleg your right, but this is the best model and the only one to make us competitive year after year against the biggest clubs in Europe and we are still able to win the Portuguese league almost every year (in the last 10 years we won 8 times for example) and win a Champions League in 2004, a Uefa cup in 2003 and a Europa League in 2011. Being in the pot 1 in the Champions League is also a big achievement.

Arnie

I don't think it'll happen (trying and failing not to set myself up for disappointment), but I'd love Del Piero here.

Seems definitely off now.

Whilst I'm aware that we're a couple of strikers light, I think a lot of the panic is self inflicted, if Carroll was here I can't see him scoring, and Dirk played poorly last season. Obviously Maxi was a free scorer, but we had to let him leave, and it'd have been hard to keep Bellamy too.

If Borini could score his first league goal, then I think a lot of the anxiety would subside, at least temporarily.

Clegg

He has dedicated all of his life to our club. He's responsible for the club we are today. Pinto Da Costa won:
57 titles in Football
17 titles in Handball
26 titles in Basketball
57 titles in rollerskate hockey.

Cleg your right, but this is the best model and the only one to make us competitive year after year against the biggest clubs in Europe and we are still able to win the Portuguese league almost every year (in the last 10 years we won 8 times for example) and win a Champions League in 2004, a Uefa cup in 2003 and a Europa League in 2011. Being in the pot 1 in the Champions League is also a big achievement.

Its been a successful model for Porto.

But imo its not one that can be sustainable forever. The transfer market is just too volatile. Porto buy exciting young talents on the cheap, develop them and then sell them for big money.

But the price for these young players will eventually rise to the point where it will no longer be economical for Porto to buy them. There'll be problems when that heppen.

Saw a stat the other day that Borini has only scored 15 goals in his entire career before joining Liverpool.

Probably just sounds more shocking than it really is since he is only 21 anyway, but even so, it's kinda crazy that Liverpool are really pinning alot of their hopes on him.

You'd think they'd want 15 goals or so from him this season alone.

Kyoufu

Saw a stat the other day that Borini has only scored 15 goals in his entire career before joining Liverpool.

Probably just sounds more shocking than it really is since he is only 21 anyway, but even so, it's kinda crazy that Liverpool are really pinning alot of their hopes on him.

You'd think they'd want 15 goals or so from him this season alone.

From the wing? Good fucking luck with that.

From the wing? Good fucking luck with that.
Well at least 10 I would have thought.

He is playing out wide but not really as a traditional winger, more of a forward so that amount of goals is needed IMO, especially when you consider how lacking Liverpool could be for goals.

Messi

Second half (last 3 episodes really) are great. Much stronger than the first half and season 1. Deffo worth watching if you've got the time.

Watching the last 3 now, would agree. Second half of the season has been good to great.

Also I want to sex up Maggie (it's Maggie right?)

Messi

Barca fans are starting to annoy the shit out of me with these anti Fabregas posts...

See Cesc has not been amazing for Barca since maybe January. Barca fans are frustrated. He didn't help his case in the last game.

We should not sell him though

WJD

Mumei, please change Lightning's name to Mrs. Fabregas.

There's liking a player and everything, but this is a new level.

Kyoufu

Football is pretty crap if you're not a Chelsea, Man United, City or even Tottenham fan.

Even Arsenal have slipped into the feeder club profile. Which is where my club is at right now, which makes football not fun when you're battling to keep players and somehow improve your squad while you lose players to wealthier and far more attractive clubs rather than fighting for glory with the top teams in the league.

Money has ruined football and not even FFP can help smaller clubs.

please someone anyone with lots of money buy Newcastle please please I'm tired of being shit

Lightning

Banned
See Cesc has not been amazing for Barca since maybe January. Barca fans are frustrated. He didn't help his case in the last game.

We should not sell him though
I understand but it's frustrating because both Fabregas, Barca and Barca fans knew that Barcelona were stocked on very talented midfielders but you guys coveted the player anyway despite not needing him and when you get him it looks like he's not going to get given the time required to break into such a talented team.

Fans need to be a bit more patient and not stick the knife into such a gifted player. You can always send him back to us on loan of you need to free up room. Lol

Soi-Fong

Football is pretty crap if you're not a Chelsea, Man United, City or even Tottenham fan.

Even Arsenal have slipped into the feeder club profile. Which is where my club is at right now, which makes football not fun when you're battling to keep players and somehow improve your squad while you lose players to wealthier and far more attractive clubs rather than fighting for glory with the top teams in the league.

please someone anyone with lots of money buy Newcastle please please I'm tired of being shit

Blame the goddamn clubs with sugardaddies of which Chelsea, City and PSG are guilty of.

I don't see why you put United and Tottenham up there when both clubs buy players with money earned on the pitch, and not from a third party and actually run their clubs with profit. United may be in debt, but that's a completely different matter that United had nothing to do with.

I'm still hoping FFP can hamper City and Chelsea. I'm actually starting to hate more and more the Chelsea fans who believe that they have a right to any player out there just because their owner is willing to fund it.

Messi

But you bought Cisse and Ba :(

Kyoufu

Blame the goddamn clubs with sugardaddies of which Chelsea, City and PSG are guilty of.

I don't see why you put United and Tottenham up there when both clubs buy players with money earned on the pitch, and not from a third party and actually run their clubs with profit. United may be in debt, but that's a completely different matter that United had nothing to do with.

I'm still hoping FFP can hamper City and Chelsea. I'm actually starting to hate more and more the Chelsea fans who believe that they have a right to any player out there just because their owner is willing to fund it.

I put the clubs in England that are financially strong in both wages and the transfer market. If you're a fan of any of these clubs then good times for you. For everyone else......ehhhhh

But you bought Cisse and Ba :(

Crap partnership at both club and international level.

Soi-Fong

I put the clubs in England that are financially strong in both wages and the transfer market. If you're a fan of any of these clubs then good times for you. For everyone else......ehhhhh

lol To tell you honestly, I think it's still wrong to put United up there. Nobody gives a crap about history anymore in football nowadays and United can hardly compete in wages against City or Chelsea.

Kyoufu

lol To tell you honestly, I think it's still wrong to put United up there. Nobody gives a crap about history anymore in football nowadays and United can hardly compete in wages against City or Chelsea.

Well obviously you can't compete with City financially but who can? Chelsea are the only ones. You're still a league ahead of everyone else :p If you wipe that debt you'll be monsters again.

You know, in a way I have to disagree with this.

To an extant money does dictate where players will go to play etc. But realistically, players looking for bigger wages or more success are always going to find themselves in the most competitive clubs anyway.

So when it comes to clubs with money and the topic of transfers, the likes of City, Chelsea, PSG and so on are only standing in the way of other top clubs who just happen to have less money. That's to say, football wouldn't be any more fair with less money, because the Hazard's of the world were never going to sign for the Wigan's.

For what it's worth I'm an extremely pleased Newcastle fan, it's just a shame we had such a disappointing transfer window.

We were in the fucking Championship just 3 years ago, last season we finished 5th. I still can't really get over that!

FootballFan

Barca fans are starting to annoy the shit out of me with these anti Fabregas posts...

Well if Giroud continues missing sitters every single time would you be happy with him? I am not saying to sell Cesc, but he needs to improve dramatically. At least go back to what he was doing last season which was score/assist and nothing else in between, but he hasn't even been doing that since the start of the year..

Arnie

Not true at all.

Try telling that to my mates who went up to watch PNE beat Carlisle in the Johnston's Paint Trophy tonight, who're currently ecstatic.

Lunchbox

Banned

you have 2 options -

hire a dynasty building manager that nurtures a youth system that brings in beckham, 2 nevilles, scholes, giggs, keane, butt, buy a mental french magician, bid for shearer, and when that JT rejects bring in some Norwegian whose name you cant pronounce and win the treble

or get a russian money laundering thief or some arab shiek to buy you out

if you cant do either, you become liverpool and compete for swansea players for the rest of your lives. choices are yours

Lightning

Banned
For what it's worth I'm an extremely pleased Newcastle fan, it's just a shame we had such a disappointing transfer window.

We were in the fucking Championship just 3 years ago, last season we finished 5th. I still can't really get over that!
You maintained your squad though and brought in a couple of players. Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool all lost some key talent.

In that regard the transfer window wasn't that bad for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom