• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Cesc would be more suited to the CM role imo. He showed how good he was when he played as a CM for Arsenal. No point in playing him alongside Kagawa when he could infinitely improve Uniteds midfield.

A 3 man midfield of Carrick, Cesc, and a healthy Fletcher would be brilliant imo. This is all in the realms of fantasy of course. I can't see Barca letting him go after the 3 years they spent getting him back.

FootballFan

Messi was asked about the Ronaldo situation, he said:
That's something Ronaldo said, there's no reason to ask me about what he says and vice-versa. It's nothing to do with me. I do not have to answer questions about that.

It must get annoying for Messi and Ronaldo to be asked questions about each other daily. I don't know what they expect them to say that would be worthy of making the news.

It must get annoying for Messi and Ronaldo to be asked questions about each other daily. I don't know what they expect them to say that would be worthy of making the news.
What? Somebody asked Messi what he thought about Ronaldo being sad?! Must have been somebody from Goal.com.

elsk

Banned
Fabregas is exactly what Manchester United don't need in the midfield. They need a Sergio Busquets, not a Cesc.

Yen

Daniel Garb ‏@DanielGarb
Del Piero deal to Sydney is not yet completed. Very good chance it will be soon though. Talks ongoing this morning. #foxfootball

Daniel Garb ‏@DanielGarb
Still no Sydney deal for Del Piero. Liverpool's last minute offer the problem. Details from Turin coming on @FOXSPORTS_NEWS

Daniel Garb ‏@DanielGarb
Patience is being tested but it still seems they're the front runner. Lure of #LFC an issue though. Talks resume again tomorrow

Daniel Garb ‏@DanielGarb
Don't doubt terms have been agreed. But deal not yet finalised, no contract signed. Hopefully it is tonight or tomorrow

Still hope! (?)

Fabregas is exactly what Manchester United don't need in the midfield. They need a Sergio Busquets, not a Cesc.
Rachel_Riley_GTFO.gif

We need both.

confuziz

Banned
FML

I graduated 2 months ago from my college school, got a BBA (Bachelor of business administration) degree and now I've come to the conclusion there are literally no jobs available here (50km radius).

I'm sort of getting pushed to go and live in the 'west' (Amsterdam/Rotterdam) this way.

fuck this shit

Clegg

SAF doesn't like using defensive midfielders.

Hargreaves was a DM but was used much more a a central midfielder. United could definitely use a good DM but Fergie probably wouldn't play him there.

K1LLER7

We need a Dembele/Schweinsteiger/Yaya type. Someone who can pick the ball up a run through the middle. Carrick is similar to Busquets.

Wilbur

Banned
FML

I graduated 2 months ago from my college school, got a BBA (Bachelor of business administration) degree and now I've come to the conclusion there are literally no jobs available here (50km radius).

I'm sort of getting pushed to go and live in the 'west' (Amsterdam/Rotterdam) this way.

fuck this shit

Ask Douglas for a lift to London

Clegg

IMO United need two signings for their midfield.

1)A box to box midfielder that isn't afraid to tackle, 2) a passing CM that can thread balls through to our forwards.

A healthy Fletcher would fulfill the first role. Someone like Cesc would fulfill the second role perfectly.

Cleverley isn't good enough to the sort of player that United need.

Soi-Fong

For those who've ordered through kitbag, how long does it usually take to get a package delivered with the normal delivery method? These are kits with prints on them.

rodvik

One of Messi's best attributes is he doesnt talk shite, in fact doesnt say much at all. I like that. I hope he never turns into a Maradona or Pele giving their bollox opinion about everything.

I love the Ricky gervais show but never listened to the originals

What should I download from iTunes to get the best Karl stuff?

I think the blokes hilarious but struggle to put up with Gervais to be honest

K1LLER7

IMO United need two signings for their midfield.

1)A box to box midfielder that isn't afraid to tackle, 2) a passing CM that can thread balls through to our forwards.

A healthy Fletcher would fulfill the first role. Someone like Cesc would fulfill the second role perfectly.

Cleverley isn't good enough to the sort of player that United need.
Agree, this summer we've dealt with the other problem areas in the team but a DM is needed next season.

Would love to get Sandro, it seems like it could happen.

Kyoufu

One of Messi's best attributes is he doesnt talk shite, in fact doesnt say much at all. I like that. I hope he never turns into a Maradona or Pele giving their bollox opinion about everything.

The man just loves Football. Truly the best in the world.

However I can sympathise with Cristiano a little.

Wilbur

Banned

I'm sure you can download the XFM shows for free from a website, not iTunes. They're certainly the best thing Karl's on. Takes about 10 episodes for him to start featuring but its worth listening to anyway just for the discovery of him.

rodvik

The man just loves Football. Truly the best in the world.

However I can sympathise with Cristiano a little.

I can sympathise a tiny amount as well, but he really doesnt do himself any favours. he should take a page from Messis book, just STFU and play the game.

Hahaha, I fucking love Facebook at times.

Andre Schürrle posts: "Friday starts the WC qualifiers. Are you as excited as me for the two matches?"

First answer is so fucking perfect: "No, not at all"
Most of the other answers are something like: "Fuck the international breaks", "The season just started, the fuck is this" and "Start playing good for Leverkusen first, then you can talk about the national team".

Faith in the world restored.

I'm fairly certain you would have to torrent the XFM shows because they weren't released like the Ricky Gervais show was.

Download the 'best of' XFM shows off Itunes. Pretty cheap for hours and hours of material. Then go through the podcasts and audiobooks, again only place to get them is Itunes (I think).

clemenx

Banned
Good lord. I need to move to the UK. Football talk as reached rock bottom around here. Who the fuck cares if Ronaldo is sad? And tv discussing it seriously? gtfo.

I yearn for the day when La Liga becomes irrelevant. Shit league.

I'm fairly certain you would have to torrent the XFM shows because they weren't released like the Ricky Gervais show was.

They were, then the geniuses at XFM had their lawyers take them all down from everywhere they could reach without even putting them behind an official paywall, making them impossible to legally own

They were, then the geniuses at XFM had their lawyers take them all down from everywhere they could reach without even putting them behind an official paywall, making them impossible to legally own

Oh really? I must have gotten lucky then, bought 6 hours worth of XFM material off Itunes for about 6 quid a couple of years ago!

Kyoufu

I can sympathise a tiny amount as well, but he really doesnt do himself any favours. he should take a page from Messis book, just STFU and play the game.

I agree, but players like Cristiano are fun. They bring a little controversy and are a little anti-status quo. I like that quality. Shows he's hungry to be the best.

I'm glad Messi isn't into that though or we'd have Tupac vs Biggie all over again.

Clegg

Porto need to sell a big name player in order to make a profit for the year. They have loads of players on their books, TV revenue and matchday revenue is relatively low too.

Its actually a very dangerous financial model that Porto have adopted. You can see how much money Porto would lose every year if it wasn't for player sales.

3%2BPorto%2BProfit.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom