• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mumei

First Bella cheats on Edward then Pogbatrayer leaves Man United for Juve then Kevin Butler does Wii adverts now I'm no longer Wilbury's favourite?!

2012 YEAR OF THE BETRAYER

Hey, you're totally my favorite. In this topic. Probably. At least top five.

odd_morsel got banned btw

ij9HkzKaGvrLq.gif

Absolutely beautiful. Korey returns with yet another troll that seemingly took him quite a while to write, and it got locked after 1 reply, which was spot on. Luvverly

Yeah, morsel wasn't careful there.

Having said that, there's two people on that last page that, if they were banned for the comments in that thread, shouldn't be banned at all. Someone's been a bit over eager I think. Lots of deserved bannings, but someone saying 'there's some unnecessary bannings' and getting banned for that is ludicrous.
Remember, this is NeoGAF. A wonderful place were you can't say the C-word because it's some how more offensive than all the other bad words.

Hi, I'm Penn Jillette and this is my partner Teller. Trying to stifle free speech, no matter what you call it, is humbug!

pulga

Banned
He's good but he is replaceable. Is like Ribéry leaving Bayern, it would hurt at first but you could still replace him... or someone else in the team would get the "spotlight" just like Arsenal did when Cesc left and RvP took the main role.

Players like Messi, Schweinsteiger, Xavi are irreplaceable. They add so much to any team.

You are fucking crazy, Schweinsteiger is hardly irreplaceable. CR is a rare player, at this point youre just basically trolling him for shits and giggles. Say it with me, 151/149.

Kozak

Banned
Elsk is a good troll lol.

"Is like Ribéry leaving Bayern, it would hurt at first but you could still replace him"

This should be framed and hung on a wall.

Meier

Anyone downplaying Ronaldo's influence on Madrid or suggesting anyone but perhaps Casillas is even in the same realm as him in terms of overall "importance" is absolutely insane. They would be devastated by his loss. There is no replacing a Ronaldo.

Fry

You are fucking crazy, Schweinsteiger is hardly irreplaceable.

Well, maybe if Kroos grows to be just like him. But no, I wouldn't want any other player in exchange of Schweinsteiger.

edit: sucks about morsel :/, wonder how long he's out for. Should be back for the real football discussion (?)

elsk

Banned
You are fucking crazy, Schweinsteiger is hardly irreplaceable. CR is a rare player, at this point youre just basically trolling him for shits and giggles. Say it with me, 151/149.

Elsk is a good troll lol.

"Is like Ribéry leaving Bayern, it would hurt at first but you could still replace him"

This should be framed and hung on a wall.

Aren't you like Real Madrid and Manchester United fans? Cristiano Ronaldo is a great player, no doubt, but he isn't even the 2nd best player in the world. He's just the result of Real Madrid needing a player to "fight" with Messi. "The second best player in the world" is pure media bullshit.

If he is so amazing, how come Bayern with 11 players + 1 bench player managed to dominate both legs against Real Madrid?

And yes, Schweinsteiger is a much more important player to Bayern than Cristiano Ronaldo is to Real Madrid.

Robben in his first season at Bayern was easily better than Cristiano Ronaldo in any season.

Difference is, I don't overhype players just because they play for the team I follow. I think I'm one of the few Bayern fans that actually say Gomez is an obstacle for the team rather than an important player... but most fans think he's the best because he's a Bayern player and scored shit tons of goals. I also think Kroos should've been sold/exchanged for Leverkusen to give us Vidal, because we actually don't need Kroos he doesn't fit in our 4-2-3-1.

If you guys want to overhype players just because he's a Real Madrid player then do it. But If he wasn't a Real Madrid player, other RM player would've been called the "2nd best in the world".

pulga

Banned
Aren't you like Real Madrid and Manchester United fans? Cristiano Ronaldo is a great player, no doubt, but he isn't even the 2nd best player in the world. He's just the result of Real Madrid needing a player to "fight" with Messi. "The second best player in the world" is pure media bullshit.

If he is so amazing, how come Bayern with 11 players + 1 bench player managed to dominate both legs against Real Madrid?

And yes, Schweinsteiger is a much more important player to Bayern than Cristiano Ronaldo is to Real Madrid.

Robben in his first season at Bayern was easily better than Cristiano Ronaldo in any season.

Difference is, I don't overhype players just because they play for the team I follow. I think I'm one of the few Bayern fans that actually say Gomez is an obstacle for the team rather than an important player... but most fans think he's the best because he's a Bayern player and scored shit tons of goals. I also think Kroos should've been sold/exchanged for Leverkusen to give us Vidal, because we actually don't need Kroos he doesn't fit in our 4-2-3-1.

If you guys want to overhype players just because he's a Real Madrid player then do it. But If he wasn't a Real Madrid player, other RM player would've been called the "2nd best in the world".

You know, you spinning this as us being RM and MU fans doesnt help your case, we can easily do this back to you. Just look at what youre saying: the vast majority of people will agree CR >>>>>>>>>>> Robben any day of the week, why is this even a matter of debate?????

And thats absolute crap about you not overhyping players. Ffs you just said Robben is better than Ronaldo! Holy shit, and I thought Barca fans can be surreal with the stuff they say. Robben better than Ronaldo... Lolololololololololololololoooooooooooool

And whats that about him being an RM player = second best? Ive thought that about Ronaldo since his MU days. Seriously, you should work for some kind of PR department, the way you spin things.

Edit: oh god you even slipped "easily" in there :lol :lol :lol

elsk

Banned
You know, you spinning this as us being RM and MU fans doesnt help your case, we can easily do this back to you. Just look at what youre saying: the vast majority of people will agree CR >>>>>>>>>>> Robben any day of the week, why is this even a matter of debate?????

And thats absolute crap about you not overhyping players. Ffs you just said Robben is better than Ronaldo! Holy shit, and I thought Barca fans can be surreal with the stuff they say. Robben better than Ronaldo... Lolololololololololololololoooooooooooool

You watched Robben in the 09/10 season? He was the reason why Bayern won the Cup, League and made it to the CL final. He also made Netherlands reach the WC final. Has CR7 done something like that yet?

If you didn't watch Bayern in that season then I don't get how you have the balls to come and start saying stupid things. Robben never reached that form again, and is obvious he's not near the level of CR7 or even Ribéry now.

Robben was compared to Messi when he played for Real Madrid, by the spanish media, but I'm sure you don't remember that ;)

pulga

Banned
You watched Robben in the 09/10 season? He was the reason why Bayern won the Cup, League and made it to the CL final. He also made Netherlands reach the WC final. Has CR7 done something like that yet?

If you didn't watch Bayern in that season then I don't get how you have the balls to come and start saying stupid things. Robben never reached that form again, and is obvious he's not near the level of CR7 or even Ribéry now.

But Ronaldos also won us Cup, League and Supercup??? Are you even listening to yourself? If Ronaldo had the squad Robben has in the NT he'd also challenge for international honors. Plus what good is Robben in a final anyway if he's gonna bottle them all?

And of course the spanish media would hype Robben up to be RMs answer to Barca. Difference is Ronaldos actually lived up to the moniker.

jtb

Banned

Robben was compared to Messi when he played for Real Madrid, by the spanish media, but I'm sure you don't remember that ;)

Ronaldo hasn't just played for Madrid. He also carried Manchester United to 3 league titles, a Champions League win, another Champions League final... scored a ridiculous amount of goals along the way, for United and even more for Real Madrid. To even compare him to Gomez, someone who can't even play football and only scores tap-ins, is an insult to professional footballers everywhere.

And Robben was fantastic that season, but Ronaldo has been at that level, consistently, for the past 5+ seasons. Not even a contest, imo.

elsk

Banned
But Ronaldos also won us Cup, League and Supercup??? Are you even listening to yourself? If Ronaldo had the squad Robben has in the NT he'd also challenge for international honors. Plus what good is Robben in a final anyway if he's gonna bottle them all?

Bayern squad in the 09/10 was terribly bad:

Butt
Lahm - van Buyten - Demichelis - Badstuber
MvB - Schweinsteiger
Robben - Mueller - Altintop (Ribéry for a few matches)
Olic

So I do think Robben, in that season, was better than CR7 has ever been in Real Madrid.

And of course the spanish media would hype Robben up to be RMs answer to Barca. Difference is Ronaldos actually lived up to the moniker.

I don't remember him being that great before last season. He always looked terribly bad against Barcelona and was only great against smaller sides.

neoanarch

Mario Gomez is terrible, he only scores like every other game. Why can't he score a hat trick every game and assist another two.

some of you guys are just mental, Not naming names but it its elsk.

Fry

I mean, I don't even let Gay-GAF post bare man-ass. I'm sure they hate me for it.

:lol Sorry, it was an unfortunate 1st post.

I think Robben, at his prime, is as good as any player in the world. And more of a pleasure to watch than Ronaldo.

elsk

Banned
I mean, I don't even let Gay-GAF post bare man-ass. I'm sure they hate me for it.

Thank God that pic is gone.

Mario Gomez is terrible, he only scores like every other game. Why can't he score a hat trick every game and assist another two.

some of you guys are just mental, Not naming names but it its elsk.

I was comparing Gomez amount of goals with CR7's amount of goals. Because people were saying "who is going to score those goals if he's gone?". Their current system works for CR7 to score, just as Bayern last seasons system worked for Gomez to score. If they're gone, the system changes and some other player (or players) are going to score those goals.

elsk

Banned
You don't score 151 in 149 by only having one good season.

No, but by scoring against lower sides teams in La Liga :O
How is his CL record with RM? Last season Bayern was the first decent team they faced, and couldn't manage to win against a team with zero depth and fucking Mario Gomez as striker.

Salazar

Super Corine rescuing this page, aesthetically speaking

rjdzF.jpg

:lol at the way elsk's brain periodically just refuses to acknowledge the existence of MUFC.

pulga

Banned
How is his CL record with RM? Last season Bayern was the first decent team they faced, and couldn't manage to win against a team with zero depth and fucking Mario Gomez as striker.
We had Ramos ;_;

Fry

... who has more goals per game ratio than Cristiano Ronaldo in the Champions league.

AND scored the winner in the last minute. :lol

He had 7 goals in 6 knockout stage games in the champions league including 2 against your boys. Give the dude some credit.

Soi-Fong

A bit off-topic, but I'm Filipino with all black hair yet, I get random strands of red on my beard and stache. Any reason why? I have Chinese blood but, last time I remember all my relatives have black hair as well.

Very weird... o_O

elsk

Banned
He had 7 goals in 6 knockout stage games in the champions league including 2 against your boys. Give the dude some credit.

One of the goals is from a penalty.
I know he's a great player, I'm not doubting that for an instant, but he's overhyped by the media and RM (and ManU) fans. He's not "the second best player in the world", that's my point.

And two of those 7 goals are against fucking APOEL Nikosia.

jtb

Banned
Let's deconstruct the Robben myth.

- Bayern Munich had a piss easy route to the 2010 CL final, and then promptly lost it. They beat Fiorentina with a ridiculously offisde goal, then Robben scored that phenomenal volley against a ten man Manchester United side, then you beat Lyon. Congrats. Lyon, a team who had only gotten so far because they happened to face another French team in the knockout stages. Robben did really well in that CL final though...

- World Cup was as much about luck (easy route to final, Brazil collapsing, another little known player called Wesley Sneijder who was in the form of his life after doing what Robben couldn't: win the CL) as it was Robben's remarkable ability to choke.

- Ronaldo, renowned big game bottler, scored in a CL final. He missed a penalty in the shootout, and missed another in the Nou Camp earlier, but he still scored. And he also scored 41 other times that season. He also scored against Porto in 08-09, and twice in a CL semifinal against Arsenal [insert joke about how Arsenal aren't a big team]. Big games. And he's continued that form at Madrid; hell, he's improved it. 150 goals is ridiculous. So RM didn't draw "difficult" teams in the CL last season... neither did Bayern until RM? I have no idea what this is supposed to prove. He's scored against Barcelona in the past 6? 7? clasicos? those aren't big games?

Just because RM lost on penalties to Bayern doesn't suddenly make Ronaldo a shit player (or worse than Robben). I don't even like Ronaldo. But there's no way he's suddenly easily replaceable just because he finishes more chances than he creates. If it was easy to score 150 goals in three seasons then someone other than Messi would have done it too. (And on the wing, no less, with Benzema + Higuain each chipping in 20 last season.) Maybe he's not the 2nd best player in the world. But he is definitely the best player in the world that doesn't play for Barcelona.

elsk

Banned

- Bayern Munich had a piss easy route to the 2010 CL final, and then promptly lost it. They beat Fiorentina with a ridiculously offisde goal, then Robben scored that phenomenal volley against a ten man Manchester United side, then you beat Lyon. Congrats. Lyon, a team who had only gotten so far because they happened to face another French team in the knockout stages. Robben did really well in that CL final though...

Why don't you go cry in the corner to your Cesc and RvP poster? Way to be subjective. Bayern road to the CL final in the 09/10 season was all but easy specially considering the squad we had. We faced strong sides back then, unlike Real Madrid.

And are you talking about the Lyon that eliminated CR7's Real Madrid? uh-uh

So RM didn't draw "difficult" teams in the CL last season... neither did Bayern until RM? I have no idea what this is supposed to prove. He's scored against Barcelona in the past 6? 7? clasicos? those aren't big games?

Manchester City, Napoli, Basel (eliminated ManU, oh!), RM. Marseille and Villarreal where the only relative easy ones. Haha, oh man you're a joke.

jtb

Banned
Why don't you go cry in the corner to your Cesc and RvP poster? Way to be subjective. Bayern road to the CL final in the 09/10 season was all but easy specially considering the squad we had. We faced strong sides back then, unlike Real Madrid last season.

I will give Bayern this: they beat Lyon. Who beat Real Madrid. So therefore Robben > Ronaldo.

But if it weren't for the offside goal, they would've gotten just as far as Madrid did. Oops.

elsk, so what would Ronaldo have to accomplish for him to become the second best player in the world, at least in your eyes?

I will give Bayern this: they beat Lyon. Who beat Real Madrid. So therefore Robben > Ronaldo.
But Lyon lost to Apoel who lost to Real Madrid who lost to Bayern.

1295490659393.jpg

ATF487

- World Cup was as much about luck (easy route to final, Brazil collapsing, another little known player called Wesley Sneijder who was in the form of his life after doing what Robben couldn't: win the CL) as it was Robben's remarkable ability to choke.

- Ronaldo, renowned big game bottler, scored in a CL final. He missed a penalty in the shootout, and missed another in the Nou Camp earlier, but he still scored. And he also scored 41 other times that season. He also scored against Porto in 08-09, and twice in a CL semifinal against Arsenal [insert joke about how Arsenal aren't a big team]. Big games. And he's continued that form at Madrid; hell, he's improved it. 150 goals is ridiculous. So RM didn't draw "difficult" teams in the CL last season... neither did Bayern until RM? I have no idea what this is supposed to prove. He's scored against Barcelona in the past 6? 7? clasicos? those aren't big games?

Just because RM lost on penalties to Bayern doesn't suddenly make Ronaldo a shit player (or worse than Robben). I don't even like Ronaldo. But there's no way he's suddenly easily replaceable just because he finishes more chances than he creates. If it was easy to score 150 goals in three seasons then someone other than Messi would have done it too. (And on the wing, no less, with Benzema + Higuain each chipping in 20 last season.) Maybe he's not the 2nd best player in the world. But he is definitely the best player in the world that doesn't play for Barcelona.

I remember watching this live and hate-respecting Ronaldo for it. Fucking amazing hit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom