• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

BUSINESS needs to conduct BUSINESSACTIVITY to turn a profit? This is some heavy stuff, I think I need to sit down.

This isn't just business activity. Clubs buy and sell players all the time. Porto, however, have to sell off prized assets for big money if they want to make a profit. This isn't a healthy business model.

You can see how much money they'd lose if they didn't sell off their star players.

Zabojnik

yeah but at least Porto dominate their league. I wonder who will buy James

marotta.jpg

"I can tell you who won't be buying him."

There's 2 irreplaceable players in the world, that's Ronaldo and Messi.

Within some teams, there are other ones, like Iniesta on Barça, that are pretty much irreplaceable considering the team's vision, playstyle, and general philosophy. Right now, no one could do it like Iniesta does it in Barça. No one has had the time at the club to embrace their philosophy, and honestly, not many have Iniesta's quality to begin with.

Outside of these cases, I could see Messi being irreplaceable anywhere in the world. He has not proven himself in different conditions, but it's by his choice of staying with Barça. But he's honestly good and would do amazing in any top team. Ronaldo has proven himself in 2 clubs, with nearly every season outdoing himself, save for 2 seasons I believe, out of like what, 8.

They play in a way that's beyond the norm. Everyone else does something that's been done before by many players. These 2 guys do something that hasn't been done before, or has been done 50 years ago, when football was another game and games ended with ridiculous scores.

Messi is a beast that scored like what, 70 goals for Barça last season. Ronaldo 60, with a few games less. Ronaldo beat the record for goals scored in La Liga 2 seasons ago. This season, Ronaldo added another 5 from that, 45, and Messi, even more incredibly, added another 10, scoring 50. Messi scored 5 in a CL game, an all time record. Ronaldo scored against every team last season in La Liga, yet another all-time record. They've performed consistently for at least 5 years, improving nearly each year their stats. Other people (including you know who for RM and then BM) have great seasons, some have it one year, some have it for 5 years straight. These 2 guys have incredible seasons year after year, and then on top of that seasons that are above nearly anything done previously on football. That's the difference.

Against facts there are no arguments on the Robben case.

I disagree.

I find Iniesta more irreplaceable than Messi.

The proof? Ask yourself this quesion: What does Messi achieve with Argentina?

Now look at Spain and Barcelona. There are two key players that make both teams special, and they are Xavi and Iniesta.

We are World Champions and Euro Champions thanks to those little guys (and a God among mortals called Casillas).

Football is something more than numbers.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
There are reports Nicklas Bendtner’s Juventus debut will be delayed until the former Arsenal striker can lose weight.

The Dane was brought in on loan with an option to buy from the Gunners, but his initial impact has not been impressive.

According to the Italian media, Bendtner seemed very overweight during his first training session with teammates in Turin.

It’s believed he will be placed on a strict diet and exercise regime so that he can get in shape quickly.

At this stage it is not clear when Bendtner will be able to make his Serie A debut, but he has just under two weeks to prepare.
Oh boy :( Turtle neck theory redeemed!
lol who is that? I only follow la liga and epl
The face of the man who's going to sign Falcao on a co-ownership deal, with an option to co-own the co-ownership, paid over three installments.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
exactly spain have casillas not to mention ramos, pique, arbeloa and alba. who is the back line for argentina? I hate argentina but lets be real son. they also continue to employ shitty coaches cos theyre albicelestes lol. Iniesta is my favorite player in the world but c'mon son

----I bet people in denmark just pound booze. people dont usually drink like that over here. I need a dane and russian homie to get hammered with

---lol these miilf ads on gaf. ok i need to sleep immediately. peace

Fjolle

----I bet people in denmark just pound booze. people dont usually drink like that over here. I need a dane and russian homie to get hammered with

Yea. When we're on vacation it gets kinda awkward as out drinking culture is so different from other countries..

pappe

I disagree.

Now look at Spain and Barcelona. There are two key players that make both teams special, and they are Xavi and Iniesta.

We are World Champions and Euro Champions thanks to those little guys (and a God among mortals called Casillas).

Spain do not have Messi that is why they struggle to finish teams off. In the world c up they won majority of the matches 1-0. If Messi was in Spanish national team they would be steam rolling their opponents day in and day out. Messi is the difference in both the squads and that means a goal difference of almost 10 a tournament. Thats how MASSIVE Messi's impact is.

Spain do not have Messi that is why they struggle to finish teams off. In the world c up they won majority of the matches 1-0. If Messi was in Spanish national team they would be steam rolling their opponents day in and day out. Messi is the difference in both the squads and that means a goal difference of almost 10 a tournament. Thats how MASSIVE Messi's impact is.

So, that's why we won 4-0 to Italy, because we borrowed Messi :lol

Let me tell you something: it doesn't matter wining by 1 or by 7. Winning is winning.

FootballFan

I disagree.

:lol Anyone that expects Ronaldo or Messi to do shit with their teams is just wrong. Players that don't start for their clubs start for Argentina :lol Imagine bench players of Valencia, Sevilla etc started for Spain. Portugal have a great defense and Argentina has one of the best attacking line ups but the rest of the team in each case just isn't good enough.

Hugo Almeida? Postiga? Papa? Fernandez? Gago? Rojo? Imagine Spain had that quality. Even Xavi and Iniesta wouldn't be able to do anything with it. If Villa wasn't scoring 5 goals and Spain had Postiga instead at the World Cup, you think Spain would win? or if instead of Capdevilla, Puyol, Pique, Ramos they had Papa, Fernandez, Garay and Zabaleta. :lol

I am surprised Messi has actually been able to win Olympic gold and u20 wc and that Ronaldo got to the semis of the Euros.

You say football is more than numbers, but ignore the fact that its a team sport.

Varela--------Postiga-----Nani
---Iniesta-----Gago-----Xavi
Rojo-Garay-Fernandez-Zabaleta
------------Romero--------------

World cup winners right there.

edit
My point: Iniesta and Xavi have a great club team and one of the best international teams in history, Ronaldo and Messi have fantastic club teams but just average international teams.

pappe

So, that's why we won 4-0 to Italy, because we borrowed Messi :lol

Let me tell you something: it doesn't matter wining by 1 or by 7. Winning is winning.

I knew you would bring it up but that and Ireland game were a one off of sorts. Doesnt happen as often as compared to Barca who it seems beat almost every team they face by a 2-3 goal margin (now dont bring up the the last game where they beat Valencia 1-0)

Yes winning is winning and you will win considering the amount of talent Spain has in their team but the impact of Messi can be measured only by the difference and the ease with which Spain would win if they had him in their side.

Also to those doubting Ronaldo's impact. Just look at Portugal in the Euro's or generally even. Remove Ronaldo from that squad that side doesnt look half as dangerous as it does with him. This is how the impact of a player should be measured by seeing the difference it makes to the potency of the side or the effect he has on the teammates and opponent. Cr7 being on the teamsheet of Portugal makes them dangerous and Messi on the teamsheet of Argentina makes them Lethal.

P.S> What is this nonsense i am reading of City preparing a 95mil bid for CR7??

Choc

Banned
Media reports claim Sydney FC will announce Del Piero's signing at a press conference in Turin, Italy on Wednesday at 7pm (AEST).

thats about now? soo?

Don't misunderstand me, i'm not saying Messi doesn't have a huge impact, what I mean is that Iniesta's and Xavi's is bigger (and the impact too), IMO.

The key is to have a well-balanced team, with creative players and natural Killers like Cristiano and Messi.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Media reports claim Sydney FC will announce Del Piero's signing at a press conference in Turin, Italy on Wednesday at 7pm (AEST).

thats about now? soo?
Please give him a few penalties and free-kicks outside the box :((

panty

Also, from Ronnie's facebook.

That I am feeling sad and have expressed this sadness has created a huge stir. I am accused of wanting more money, but one day it will be shown that this is not the case.

At this point, I just want to guarantee to the Real Madrid fans that my motivation, dedication, commitment and desire to win all competitions will not be affected.

I have too much respect for myself and for Real Madrid to ever give less to the club than all I am capable of. Abrazos to all madridistas

kharma45

SAF says Angelo Henriquez, Nick Powell and Alex Buttner could all make their debuts in the Capital One clash against Newcastle.

FootballFan

Don't misunderstand me, i'm not saying Messi doesn't have a huge impact, what I mean is that Iniesta's and Xavi's is bigger (and the impact too), IMO.

The key is to have a well-balanced team, with creative players and natural Killers like Cristiano and Messi.

I don't want to be misunderstood either, Xavi and Iniesta are obviously fantastic, can't be happy enough that they play for us but they have great players around them in both their teams(in every position), Ronaldo and Messi don't.

edit
On Ronaldo, he won't leave but this could upset the team and effect them on the field(I hope), lucky for them it happened right before the international break. Just don't see him going, either Man City get him or he is staying.

Choc

Banned
Del piero press conference delayed 2 hours after late liverpool bid

1 hour away. Looks like he is going to sydney

Choc

Banned
I know Del Piero is awesome and all and the only reason he is coming to Sydney is he is in the twilight of his career

but surely it shows the desperation of the situation at liverpool if they are chasing a 37 year old

also, Owen signed for stoke, so its drogba or nothing for Liverpool now really :|

NHale

Fuck him, Bernabéu won't be happy when he comes back.

Everyone will be happy after he scores the first 2 goals of the game...

I rather play bad than having to stand this child's cries for attention.

Sack him, make cash, wait 10 years till Messi and Iniesta retire. Profit.

So you want Sergio Ramos out too? That guy makes mistakes left and right and only Pepe keeps saving him from being exposed as the fraud that he is. But everytime someone criticizes him he leaks everything to Marca in trade of positive impressions about him "Best CB in the world". Hilarious stuff.

Löw just said that Schmelzer will (at least) start the next 4 matches as LB in the national team. Löw actually doing something reasonable? What's this?

Exactly.. just like Tevez for city, Rooney for United, etc fans will get upset but cheer for him as soon as he scores.
Ronaldo hasn't even done anything "bad" yet.

Last nights elsk vs GAF Ronaldo debate was epic.

Still not that craziest thing elsk has said though, that honour goes to "Dzeko is better than RVP".

I like elsk, he has some pretty unpopular opinions but at least he argues then and all he wants is for Izzaguire to get a move.

kharma45

Ronaldo hasn't even done anything "bad" yet.

Last nights elsk vs GAF Ronaldo debate was epic.

Still not that craziest thing elsk has said though, that honour goes to "Dzeko is better than RVP".

I like elsk, he has some pretty unpopular opinions but at least he argues then and all he wants is for Izzaguire to get a move.

Must trawl back through the thread, love a good deluded elsk rant :lol

Wilbur

Banned
Elsk... oh man. Oh fucking wow hahaha you're crazy. Fair play for sticking to it then.

The Thick Of It, YAYYYY

SAF says Angelo Henriquez, Nick Powell and Alex Buttner could all make their debuts in the Capital One clash against Newcastle.

YAYYYY

Very intrigued to see Powell.

bud23

Also, from Ronnie's facebook.

Ronaldo is a big kid,he is beginning to annoy me. There is 5 million people unemployed in Spain. Ronaldo is unhappy? Nobody cares. This guy earns 10 million euros net per year.

Ronaldo has no reason at all to feel "unhappy", and if he doesn´t feel comfortable at Real, has a easy choice, pay his buyout clause,1000 million euros.

The Real Madrid was,is and will be the best club of history, with Ronaldo or without him. I won´t soft guys in my team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom