• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bo-Locks

You see guys, look what the international break has already done to you! It has ripped the heart out of the thread and has turned you into a pack of rabid dogs!

D_prOdigy

SAF says Angelo Henriquez, Nick Powell and Alex Buttner could all make their debuts in the Capital One clash against Newcastle.

Good for Nick and Henriquez, but I'd be a bit disappointed if Fergie currently sees Buttner as a "maybe I'll play him in the League Cup" player rather than a "maybe I'll rotate him him with Evra in the next PL game" player.

Bo-Locks

Ronaldo is a big kid,he is beginning to annoy me. There is 5 million people unemployed in Spain. Ronaldo is unhappy? Nobody cares. This guy earns 10 million euros net per year.

And all Ronaldo wants is 1€ per unemployed Spaniard. That's not too much to ask is it?

panty

Ronaldo is a big kid,he is beginning to annoy me. There is 5 million people unemployed in Spain. Ronaldo is unhappy? Nobody cares. This guy earns 10 million euros net per year.

Ronaldo has no reason at all to feel "unhappy", and if he doesn´t feel comfortable at Real, has a easy choice, pay his buyout clause,1000 million euros.

The Real Madrid was,is and will be the best club of history, with Ronaldo or without him. I won´t soft guys in my team.
So just because he earns 10M€ per year he has no right to be sad? Come on son, that's not how it goes.

And you really shouldn't bring up the unemployment thing, it has nothing to do with Ronnie.

Ronaldo has no reason at all to feel "unhappy", and if he doesn´t feel comfortable at Real, has a easy choice, pay his buyout clause,1000 million euros.

The Real Madrid was,is and will be the best club of history, with Ronaldo or without him. I won´t soft guys in my team.
The idea that he can't be unhappy because he earns alot of money is ridiculous though. I don't think he was right to go public with it, but if he is unhappy, then you at least have to consider he may have a legitimate reason to be sad - obviously we don't know what his is upset about so I guess we have to wait and see.

But to say, you earn 10M, you play for Real Madrid, other people don't even have a job - STFU and go play or get out - that's not how it works. The club should seek to look after and appease it's players, if Ronaldo's complaints are ridiculous and unreasonable then fair enough he should get a grip or get out...but we don't even know what he's sad about for now.

And Ronaldo is far from a soft guy. On the pitch he will give 110% every game and never duck out. Ronaldo obv. have his faults but very few of them lie on the footballing side.

qindarka

Banned

You do know that rich people are still allowed to feel unhappy, right? And whats wrong with soft guys? Ronaldo may be being 'soft' but that certainly isn't harming his contribution to Real Madrid.

I really do not see what heinous crime Ronaldo has committed. He just says that he is feeling unhappy, what about it? It seems that every time a player does something wrong or something that is perceived to be wrong, fans jump on his back and try to imply that they are morally superior.

Choc

Banned
Apparently Mancini wants balotelli to get counselling so he can stop smoking. :lol

I fear balotelli is like one of those people and players who changing them to much will make them lose their spark

see andy carroll at liverpool when he stopped going out, and stopped drinking completely

he changed, for the worse

SAF says Angelo Henriquez, Nick Powell and Alex Buttner could all make their debuts in the Capital One clash against Newcastle.

jD5TIIxlfMQ18.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
Some choice quotes from Waz:

Wayne Rooney has admitted that he once turned up seven pounds overweight to Manchester United's pre-season training. The 26-year-old striker also cast doubt on his long-term career by admitting he struggles "to walk for the first half an hour" following a game.
In extracts in the Mirror from his book, My Decade in the Premier League by Wayne Rooney, the England forward writes: "Early July: the first day back at pre-season training. I'm like most blokes, I put on a few pounds after a holiday. Even if I don't train for a week, I put on two or three, but when I get back to Carrington for the first day of work, I'm in for a shock. The scales in the club gym tell me I've put on a few more pounds than expected – seven. Seven!

"Then I remember – I drank a few bevvies while I was away. I'm stocky. I'm not like Ryan Giggs, all bone and lean muscle. But I gain weight quite easily. It's not a problem though. It's not as if the manager is leaning over my shoulder as the numbers come in, tutting and making jokes about me eating too many chip butties. Besides, I know I can shift it in a week or two. All the players are given loose training programmes to stick to while they're away, but they're optional.

"The club like us not to go overboard on the eating and drinking in the close-season break, so if I go abroad I like to get into the hotel gym three times a week to work on the treadmill and do some weight work.

"That way I can be sharp when we get back to training and the running will feel easier when the pre-season games start. But coming back for pre-season after a few bevvies and a few weeks away from a ball is physically tough."

Rooney then hints that he may struggle to play on in his current role as United's focal point for many more years. "As a striker I need to work hard all the time. I need to be sharp, which means my fitness has to be right to play well. If it isn't, it shows," he says. "It would probably be different if I were a full-back. I could hide a bit, make fewer runs into the opposition half and get away with it. But as a centre-forward for Manchester United, there's no place to hide. I've got to work as hard as I can, otherwise the manager will haul me off the pitch or drop me for the next game.

"There's no room for failure or second best at this club. When it comes to nutrition, all the players know what to eat and what not to eat all year round, but we allow ourselves some luxuries. During the season, I don't think there's any harm having a take-away now and then. The club always has someone on hand to talk to me about diet if I need them.

"Physically I've taken a bit of a battering over the years; being lumped by Transformer-sized centre-backs or having my muscles smashed by falls, shoulder barges and last-ditch tackles, day in, day out, has left me a bit bruised.

When I get up in the morning after a game, I struggle to walk for the first half an hour. I ache a bit. It wasn't like that when I was a lad. I remember sometimes when I finished training or playing with Everton and United, I'd want to play some more. But football has had a massive impact on my body because my game is based on speed, power and intensity.

"Like any player I'm fearful of getting a career-ending injury. I could be in the best form of my life and then one day a bad tackle might finish my time in the sport. It's over then. But that's the risk I take as a player in every match. I know football is such a short career that one day, at any age, the game could be snatched from me unexpectedly. So I want to decide when I leave football, not a physio, or an opponent's boot.

"But the fear of injury or failure has never got into my head when I've been playing. I've never frozen on the football pitch. I've always wanted to express myself, I've always wanted to try things. I've never gone into a game worrying."

The striker, who was dropped from Sir Alex Ferguson's starting XI for last Saturday's 3-2 over Fulham at Old Trafford then taken off on a stretcher with an injury which will sideline him for four weeks, also discusses the previous time he was left out for United, following a 5-0 win over Wigan Athletic on Boxing Day last year.

"I'm happy at Manchester United, despite the downs that sometimes take place at a football club. Like when we stuff Wigan 5-0 on Boxing Day. I go out for dinner with a few of the lads, and our other halves, to a hotel. The next day, the manager pulls me up and tells me he's not happy and doesn't feel I've trained properly. He fines me, but there's worse to come. I'm dropped for the next game, on New Year's Eve, against Blackburn. At a lot of clubs, people wouldn't bat an eyelid at players having a night out six days before a game. But that's the difference at Manchester United and a mark of the high standards the manager demands. It's a big deal, another lesson learned.

"The following week I had to sit in the stands and watch us lose 3-2 to Blackburn. It's the worst feeling when that happens. It was terrible. Blackburn looked certainties for relegation, yet we were worse than them. As I watched I feel desperate and helpless, just like all the other United fans watching the defeat unfold."

FootballFan

Ronaldo hasn't even done anything "bad" yet.

Last nights elsk vs GAF Ronaldo debate was epic.

Still not that craziest thing elsk has said though, that honour goes to "Dzeko is better than RVP".

I like elsk, he has some pretty unpopular opinions but at least he argues then and all he wants is for Izzaguire to get a move.

Everyone likes elsk, don't see why having a different opinion means we shouldn't. :lol The only people that annoy me are people that actually believe Fergie decides how much added time or UEFA love Barca :lol.

The lukewarm reception of Hulk and Witsel by the Zenit players continues

Kerzhakov:

haha that is great if he really said that.

Bumhead

Banned
If Ronaldo is legitimately upset over something perhaps he should clarify what it is. Publicly coming out and declaring that he is sad while offering no explanation as to why is always going to lead to guess work and accusations about what's wrong with him.

I sincerely hope he does have a legitimate reason because talk of being sad over things like money or not winning player of the year are absolutely pathetic.

Maybe he's sad over the amount of time being dedicated to this absolute non-story. I know I am.

bud23

The idea that he can't be unhappy because he earns alot of money is ridiculous though. I don't think he was right to go public with it, but if he is unhappy, then you at least have to consider he may have a legitimate reason to be sad - obviously we don't know what his is upset about so I guess we have to wait and see.

But to say, you earn 10M, you play for Real Madrid, other people don't even have a job - STFU and go play or get out - that's not how it works. The club should seek to look after and appease it's players, if Ronaldo's complaints are ridiculous and unreasonable then fair enough he should get a grip or get out...but we don't even know what he's sad about for now.

And Ronaldo is far from a soft guy. On the pitch he will give 110% every game and never duck out. Ronaldo obv. have his faults but very few of them lie on the footballing side.

Ronaldo is a model for million kids around world, we live in a society where athletes are a reference model of behavior. As famous player you have the responsability to give a correct example of behaviour, it is included in your salary (10 million euros net per year).

Imo, this controversy is a big nonsense that can´t help nobody except Ronaldo´s interest,whatever they may be .
That´s a selfish conduct for me, and message that people receive is "cries to get what you want".

Ronaldo is an amazing player,but I don´t buy his childish paranoias.

He was more than 7 pounds overweight when he started pre season last month.
Thats in reference to another season I think, it's an excerpt from his book about his 10 years in the PL.

It sums up Rooneys approach though. He is aware he puts on weight easily and that his body type doesn't lend itself to natural fitness. He realises he is over weight and is shocked by it and he feels the effect of it in his game and knows he has to be sharp to perform.

But what's his response? The manager isn't breathing down my neck and it'll only be 2 weeks before I burn it off so it's fine. I get a training schedule but it's optional so never mind, I know I'll put on weight easily and won't be sharp but hey let me enjoy myself a bit.

It's fine it's his right and if he wants to enjoy his holiday in whatever way he chooses - that is his choice and you can't really ask him not to - but it shows he doesn't have the will and desire to make those sacrifices to put himself in a better position to play well.

Clegg

Thats in reference to another season I think, it's an excerpt from his book about his 10 years in the PL.

It sums up Rooneys approach though. He is aware he puts on weight easily and that his body type doesn't lend itself to natural fitness. He realises he is over weight and is shocked by it and he feels the effect of it in his game and knows he has to be sharp to perform.

But what's his response? The manager isn't breathing down my neck and it'll only be 2 weeks before I burn it off so it's fine. I get a training schedule but it's optional so never mind, I know I'll put on weight easily and won't be sharp but hey let me enjoy myself a bit.

It's fine it's his right and if he wants to enjoy his holiday in whatever way he chooses - that is his choice and you can't really ask him not to - but it shows he doesn't have the will and desire to make those sacrifices to put himself in a better position to play well.

Oh, I know he was talking about another season. He's come back even worse this season and you could see how sluggish he was against Everton.

He's making the same mistakes as Ricky Hatton.

Ronaldo is a model for million kids around world, we live in a society where athletes are a reference model of behavior. As famous player you have the responsability to give a correct example of behaviour, it is included in your salary (10 million euros net per year).

Imo, this controversy is a big nonsense that can´t help nobody except Ronaldo´s interest,whatever they may be .
That´s a selfish conduct for me, and message that people receive is "cries to get what you want".

Ronaldo is an amazing player,but I don´t buy his childish paranoias.
This is just a case of holding him to a ridiculously high standard where he has to be perfect.

As I already said, I don't think he should have gone public with his sadness - but on the scale of things that set a bad example, this is a pretty irrelevant. Look at all the way he sets a good example, he is an almost perfect professional who dedicated his life completely to being the best he can.

If we want to call people out for setting a bad example to kids...I think you would look at several other Real Madrid players before you get to Ronaldo. Sure, he is THE star and the spotlight is on him more than anybody, but honestly, on balance Ronaldo is a fantastic example for young players to learn from when it comes to professionalism. One outburst, if you can even call it that, doesn't change that.

FootballFan

He's just a windup merchant during United games. Posting shit like "None of these players are good enough for Stockport reserves".

Needs to let shit go.

Yeah well he also said their are countless wingers in Honduras that are better than Pedro. :lol odd opinions but this place would be boring if everyone agreed on everything.

LunchBox and doicare do nothing but post troll comments, luckily they don't represent the whole ManUnitedGAF lol.

Salazar

If what is said about Owen having lost his passion for the game is true, then how on earth does dicking around in Stoke's massively dispiriting anti-football time-warp back to a pre-tactical epoch fit in ?

If what is said about Owen having lost his passion for the game is true, then how on earth does dicking around in Stoke's massively dispiriting anti-football time-warp back to a pre-tactical epoch fit in ?
Apparently his stables are on his way home from training.

Haha me too. I imagine it goes like this, LunchBox: "hmm no interesting threads atm, going to go annoy liverpool fans in the football thread then"
:lol wow I can totally see it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom