• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

"At least 12 of the 20 top-flight clubs ended the 2010/11 season in the red with Manchester City's losses of £197million"

That is about 2 years worth of revenue for SAFC (pre-concerts + new sponsor). As losses.

It's sickening. And they'll get away with it.

Wilbur

Banned
Haven't heard it yet but I loved the first one. Two Door's new album is out as well soon, will buy them both along with the new Dylan album.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The Rossoneri have suffered 137 injuries since Allegri's appointment.

-

Damn pulga! I hope everyone is alright over there!!

Meier

I think everyone but City and Chelsea will be in favour of this.

The reality of the situation is that economic impositions will only negatively affect the smaller clubs in the long run because the cream has already risen to the top and they'll stay that way. A smaller club will never be able to compete with the existing chosen few.

Additionally, unless this was adopted across all leagues, it would simply limit the PL's ability to attract top drawer talent. If a guy wants to move to the PL but a team can't pay his valuation, you'll see guys moving to other leagues or possibly needing to wait years to move. Do you think they'd be okay being underpaid in that interim? I don't.

I think they'd need to modify the requirements for work permits so that teams could buy younger South Americans -- it would allow teams to get a leg up on the Portos of the world who can buy them young and cheap and then sell them at a much higher rate.

Is your username an Arrested Development reference?

iHlYP28UiVhru.gif

Yen

Haven't heard it yet but I loved the first one. Two Door's new album is out as well soon, will buy them both along with the new Dylan album.

I don't have an appropriate gif in my library to express Zabo and I's disgust at this music.

Kyoufu

The reality of the situation is that economic impositions will only negatively affect the smaller clubs in the long run because the cream has already risen to the top and they'll stay that way. A smaller club will never be able to compete with the existing chosen few.

Additionally, unless this was adopted across all leagues, it would simply limit the PL's ability to attract top drawer talent. If a guy wants to move to the PL but a team can't pay his valuation, you'll see guys moving to other leagues or possibly needing to wait years to move. Do you think they'd be okay being underpaid in that interim? I don't.

I think they'd need to modify the requirements for work permits so that teams could buy younger South Americans -- it would allow teams to get a leg up on the Portos of the world who can buy them young and cheap and then sell them at a much higher rate.

This is all very interesting. You bring up a good point. I just want something that will help Newcastle compete for a place in the top 4 without oil money or other clubs failing miserably at playing football like last season.

jtb

Banned

Well I doubt this is ever happening; the PL is already bad enough as it is at promoting English talent, you open the floodgates for South American wonderkids and you'd have zero reason to ever opt for English talent.

Having said that, I agree with the rest. Spending caps are stupid and won't solve anything; anyways, all PL clubs are going to have more money to spend when the new TV deal rolls around so no excuses.

pulga

Banned
Woah that's big. You okay?

take care, mate

Stay safe.

Take care

Nightmare. Look after yourself.

Damn pulga! I hope everyone is alright over there!!

Thanks guys. I was in the middle of finishing off my shower, bailed, helplessly watched my tv rock back and forth ;_;

Yeah well he also said their are countless wingers in Honduras that are better than Pedro. :lol odd opinions but this place would be boring if everyone agreed on everything.

*facepalm* elssssssskkkkk!!!

Oh yeah congrats Elseanio!

Does he sing on all of them or is it instrumental too? I don't follow his non game music.Not a fan of the voice.

Yeah I wasn't really being completely serious, his voice is hilarious and not what I expected from such a little man.

The making of is pretty awesome too (do not click before having finished the game Freewheelin!) even if they blurred out James voice actor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1VKvED76WQ

The whole Guy Cihi controversy was fantastic, especially when he threatened Konami to buy booths at e3 and set up the original SH next to the collection but also getting the whole backstory and development details when it comes to the plot as he went on to be on several podcasts. He claims to flat out have refused a few things and forced changes in himself as a fucking voice actor, guess that's what you get when you hire a millionaire who doesn't really care about maybe getting fired or ever being able to get voice acting jobs again. Him and Eddie even went bowling in the name of SH

384948_10150398624909259_1605194948_n.jpg

PL clubs already pay better wages than most (all?) other leagues and everybody is getting a nice boost with the new tv deal - PL won't face the threat of losing out on talent due to money unless something radical happens elsewhere.

Spending restrictions against turnover is dumb anyway. If they want to control spending they need a wage cap.

dc89

Just popped into Sainsburys near me - its recently had a refurbishment - and they have lowered loads of gaming stuff.

3DS - £80
FIFA Vita - £13

Surely FIFA on Vita is worth 13 of my English pounds?!

elsk

Banned
Just popped into Sainsburys near me - its recently had a refurbishment - and they have lowered loads of gaming stuff.

3DS - £80
FIFA Vita - £13

Surely FIFA on Vita is worth 13 of my English pounds?!

I understand FIFA Vita is basically FIFA 11 with updated kits/squads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom