• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

He, Terry, Cole and Lescott were the only players to do themselves close to justice at the Euros

His capacity to play his natural game at club level is diminishing. His capacity to do so in a (fucking astoundingly competitive) tournament two years down the track should be regarded with acute skepticism by any non-scouse observer. And he's not such a magnificent player that he should be put in the side with faith that he can adapt and maintain his usefulness: he still has to prove that he can do that at all for Liverpool.

It's a fucked-up inverted victory lap.

I have greater problems with Terry, whose turning circle by that stage will be comparable to the post-iceberg Titanic.

And I'm not saying this with the ascendancy of ClevGod in mind, because it is clear even to me that the boy has a long goddamn way to go. But picking Gerrard for a World Cup without a continuing belief that he can physically dominate the middle of the park seems like a dumb, reticent, stodgy, Hodgson-to-the-core gesture.

Fry

Can't disagree with Salazar much.

Gerrard was great at the EURO, but he has been very hit-and-miss after it. He looks sharp and creative alongside Suarez sometimes, but mostly he's been awful this season. He was great against Man City only.

Lightning

Banned
I think Jack Wilshere is the ideal man to replace Gerrard, not as captain though, but Wilshere is a big talent for the future and is young. My big problem with Gerrard is not so much is patchy form but his age. His best days are behind him.

It will he great for England if Wilshere returns to full fitness for us later this month and starts playing games.

Nyx

According to a Dutch newspaper, the Dutch squad will be overhauled for tonight's game vs Turkey.

The starting lineup according to them:

GK Tim Krul
RB Daryl Janmaat
DC John Heitinga
DC Bruno Martins Indi
LB Jethro Willems
DMC Jordy Clasie
MC Wesley Sneijder
MC Kevin Strootman
LW Arjen Robben
SC Robin van Persie
RW Luciano Narsingh

Wonder why Krul gets selected instead of Michel Vorm, as Vorm has been 2nd GK behind Stekelenburg for 2 years now..

And also Van Gaal's comment about Huntelaar being his main man for the striker position seems to be worthless in retrospect.

Kyoufu

According to a Dutch newspaper, the Dutch squad will be overhauled for tonight's game vs Turkey.

GK Tim Krul
RB Daryl Janmaat
DC John Heitinga
DC Bruno Martins Indi
LB Jethro Willems
DMC Jordy Clasie
MC Wesley Sneijder
MC Kevin Strootman
LW Arjen Robben
SC Robin van Persie
RW Luciano Narsingh

Wonder why Krul gets selected instead of Michel Vorm, as Vorm has been 2nd GK behind Stekelenburg for 2 years now..

And also Van Gaal's comment about Huntelaar being his main man for the striker position seems to be worthless in retrospect.

Because Krul is awesome awwwwwww yeah.

Salazar

Hey, your video starts too late !

Yesil did a Zidane prior to the mark. Very smart goal.

Yup. Extremely classy.

CTgD4.jpg

Dat Ozil stare.

Wessiej

GK Tim Krul
RB Daryl Janmaat
DC John Heitinga
DC Bruno Martins Indi
LB Jethro Willems
DMC Jordy Clasie
MC Wesley Sneijder
MC Kevin Strootman
LW Arjen Robben
SC Robin van Persie
RW Luciano Narsingh

Wut? Ha we are going to lose tonight.

fuenf

(..)

classic Van Gaal. He just loves his scrub GK, still cant believe he almost screwed us out of the Neuer race, luckily he got sacked in time.

Bumhead

Banned
For me the discussion on the likes of Gerrard and Terry going to Brazil has nothing to do with who replaces them.

I don't want to see either in an England tournament again, and would rather promote whoever is in the U21 setup at that point to go instead or something.

Englands Golden Generation are all failures at International level. For what chance we have of winning in 2014 anyway id rather send a youth side.

I don't want to see either in an England tournament again, and would rather promote whoever is in the U21 setup at that point to go instead or something.

Same here, but there's such disparity between the U21 side and the senior team - I'm sure other countries do a far, far better job of working their U21 players into contention for the senior side, whereas we have so many players who impress for the U21's, but then can't ever get a sniff at the senior side because so many of the "golden generation" (what a load of shit that is) simply have to be played.

Mastadon

Banned
Banned Paper appear to be saying Rodgers will throw on Suso up front.

Feelings ?

Confusion, considering he's an attacking midfielder. Rodgers mentioned that Suso would be given a chance but I don't think he'll be in the striker role.

You should all listen to the Rodgers Q+A session. It reassured me completely, he genuinely knows his shit.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
A few interesting quotes!

Rolando Bianch (Torino FC's striker) “I apologise to those who have me in their Fantasy Football team – which includes me – for the missed penalty.”

Marotta: "Mourinho said that Juventus will sign Llorente in January? *laughs* He is usually well informed"

Don't laugh.

Arsene Wenger: "Juventus can't sell their players for €70 mill and expect to buy for a much lower price"

He's referring to Zidane. In 2001.

Confusion, considering he's an attacking midfielder. Rodgers mentioned that Suso would be given a chance but I don't think he'll be in the striker role.

You should all listen to the Rodgers Q+A session. It reassured me completely, he genuinely knows his shit.
I listened to it. It was very impressive.

I don't think he's happy with the players he has though, as in, for the vision he has, he wants/needs different players. He is going to need to have a back up plan - which he did suggest if I remember correctly.

Kyoufu

I listened to it. It was very impressive.

I don't think he's happy with the players he has though, as in, for the vision he has, he wants/needs different players. He is going to need to have a back up plan - which he did suggest if I remember correctly.

Well very few managers are ever happy with what they have.

Well very few managers are ever happy with what they have.
That's true. But he specifically said in his answers that they just had to get through to January and until then use younger players and maybe use an alternative system. So I think he's hoping to add more players that fit his system in the January window.

Kyoufu

That's true. But he specifically said in his answers that they just had to get through to January and until then use younger players and maybe use an alternative system. So I think he's hoping to add more players that fit his system in the January window.

That's the result of a poor summer window. Same situation with us, except our manager won't admit it in fear of the suits upstairs.

Mastadon

Banned

Exactly, which is why it isn't surprising that he offered Henderson and other players as part of deals. Personally I rate Henderson, as do most of Liverpool-GAF, but Rodgers' vision for the club is so specific that it's obvious to him when players don't fit.

I trust him completely to rebuild the club. If he feels that Hendo doesn't deserve a place, then I trust his judgement.

elseanio

Link?

Salazar

Matt Fortune ‏@MFworldfootball
United and Northern Ireland U17 capt - Luke McCullough arrested after being caught in 'compromising position' with woman in a doorway #MUFC

#NorthernIreland

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Matt Fortune ‏@MFworldfootball
United and Northern Ireland U17 capt - Luke McCullough arrested after being caught in 'compromising position' with woman in a doorway #MUFC

#NorthernIreland

nani-wallpaper-portugal-top-uniform.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom