• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Why do you want one?

I don't really. If the price was right I would get one after launch. But that price is not right, not at all.

Yeah I think I'll wait and see how the price thing pans out :lol

They can cross a line from naughty to 'dickhead' very quickly.

Jesus wept.

Early adopters get buggered anyway, if you're looking to get one at launch then accept it, don't fight it. I personally don't see why you'd want to drop £300+ on hardware that's comparable to what you've probably owned since 2006/7. Especially with the lack of a true must have in the launch lineup.

Damn... Well, Nintendo dropped the ball on this one... 300 bucks... Seriously, the hardware on it isn't worth that amount.

So good to see GAME playing their usual game of "let's go bust again". They must love it. They'd priced the 32GB at £309 LOL.

Did they kick you off the course, or did they say don't bother coming back?

If I were you I'd go and speak to the whoever runs the course and explain your situation, because they probably have a very different understanding if they didn't even bother to call you in first.

No idea. I had a meeting with them 2 weeks ago explaining that I had been unwell all summer and they offered me till December off but I said I didn't want to get that far behind and asked if I could just start in October and take things from there.

They told me to finish some work to keep up with the others and that it was fine. I went in for the re-enrollment day the other day and everything was fine, next thing this.

Bumhead

Banned
Mickey Quinn has just been on TalkSport and said Hillsborough is unsafe and should be bulldozed. Nigel Winterburn has chirped in and agreed.

Open season has started. Here we go.

Arnie

Mickey Quinn has just been on TalkSport and said Hillsborough is unsafe and should be bulldozed. Nigel Winterburn has chirped in and agreed.

Why'd they say that?

That's ridiculous. Is there anything in the HIP report to support that assertion?

Bumhead

Banned
Why'd they say that?

That's ridiculous. Is there anything in the HIP report to support that assertion?

Like I say, it's open season. Knee jerk reactions on a reactionary, gutter radio station.

But I'm preparing myself for it. It's not going to stop here.

I just end up googling "green sweater butt fuck" all the time. You don't even really see anything but it's just so extremely hot.

I'm ashamed that I know exactly the video you are talking about. I will say this, she really should have answered that phone.

Spurs vs Barcelona on Eurosport in about 15 minutes if anyone's interested.

Heard a few other comments around that.
Bandwagon jumping is bound to happen with big news like this, especially when you get the unique mix of passion & idiocy that ex-footballers often provide.

pulga

Banned
Lol at the Wii U hate in here. Relax guys, FIFA is still coming out for your platform of choice. Nintendo isnt making EVERYTHING exclusive.

I'm waiting for Sony to show that they've learned nothing from the botched PS3 launch.

$499 US dollars for PS4.

I'd accept that if it pushed barriers. As it is, I'm expecting a console that is capable of pushing graphics like BF3 at high settings. I'd take that for £350/$400, as long as it retained and improved its free online and had a decent lineup. Backwards compatibility would be a huge plus, digital backwards compatibility a necessity

kharma45

I'd accept that if it pushed barriers. As it is, I'm expecting a console that is capable of pushing graphics like BF3 at high settings. I'd take that for £350/$400, as long as it retained and improved its free online and had a decent lineup. Backwards compatibility would be a huge plus, digital backwards compatibility a necessity

BC will be a problem I feel for PS4 as it doesn't look like they're retaining the Cell architecture.

Clegg

I wouldn't pay that much tbh.

If there was a really good launch window for games then I'd be tempted but a we're usually only given one half decent game at launch.

BC will be a problem I feel for PS4 as it doesn't look like they're retaining the Cell architecture.

I could accept it if my PS3 was backwards compatible. Then again, I think it'd look pretty awesome to have my PS2, PS3 and PS4 stood side-by-side. Backwards compatible controllers would be pretty great, and I see no reason why they shouldn't be.

Also, is there any way to use the wireless PS3 controllers on the PS2. Once you go wireless, its hard to go back. And the some buttons are broken on all of my PS2 controllers

Bumhead

Banned
Heard a few other comments around that.
Bandwagon jumping is bound to happen with big news like this, especially when you get the unique mix of passion & idiocy that ex-footballers often provide.

It's just poison.

It achieves nothing, it adds nothing to the discussion. It spreads nothing but ill feeling and it's part of nothing more than a witch hunt.

Yesterday should have ended a 23 year-old witch hunt against one set of people. Instead, there's a danger all that's happened is that same witch hunt has shifted onto something else.

Mickey Quinn is a fat fucking tosser and Nigel Winterburn is still on the run from Di Canio. Seriously considering making a complaint about TalkSport. I'm absolutely simmering.

PC (massive majority) + PS3 has served me very well this gen and I intend to continue down the superior path.

Though unless it does some bonkers shit/has some incredibly baller games I doubt I'll get a PS4 at launch.

It's just poison.

It achieves nothing, it adds nothing to the discussion. It spreads nothing but ill feeling and it's part of nothing more than a witch hunt.

Yesterday should have ended a 23 year-old witch hunt against one set of people. Instead, there's a danger all that's happened is that same witch hunt has shifted onto something else.

Mickey Quinn is a fat fucking tosser and Nigel Winterburn is still on the run from Di Canio. Seriously considering making a complaint about TalkSport. I'm absolutely simmering.

Has anyone who has actually dediacted any amount of time to Hillsborough even come close to suggesting that the stadium is unfit for purpose today?

Final Fantasy Versus 13 and The Last Guardian as launch titles for PS4.

Make it so.

It would piss off many, many PS3 owners, but think how many 'hardcore' gamers would buy the PS4 at launch if that happened. I won't pretend I wouldn't be tempted, even if I could see the cynical strategy behind it

Bumhead

Banned
Has anyone who has actually dediacted any amount of time to Hillsborough even come close to suggesting that the stadium is unfit for purpose today?

I've lost track. There's been one or two comments around from the odd handful of people but not from anyone of authority, as far as I'm aware.

But that can change. Who knows what further inquests will throw up. I hope SYP get absolutely torn to pieces and if necessary I hope the individuals in charge of our club at the time get taken to task (genuinely don't know what taking SWFC in it's current guise through the mud achieves, at this point), but spreading bullshit like this on a national radio station.. it's wrong.

It's just poison.

Hopefully the nonsense will settle down in the next week or so. Like I've said, I've not read much into it, but talk of knocking down a ground which the FA clearly feels is compliant to modern standards, over something that happened in the eighties strikes me as pure dumbfuckery.

I guessed it was TalkSport. I only listen to that station when I have to for a match. Some of the shit that is discussed melts my brain, and their unnerving ability to give air time to morons is just the icing on the cake.

PC master race

The only platform that matters. ;)

Played a bit of BF3 with Premature and Metal Murphy yesterday. The new maps mmmmmm

2012-09-13_00010ukkqe.jpg

Clegg

It would piss off many, many PS3 owners, but think how many 'hardcore' gamers would buy the PS4 at launch if that happened. I won't pretend I wouldn't be tempted, even if I could see the cynical strategy behind it

It would make sense. We know PS4 is coming and we haven't heard anything about possible release dates for FF Vs or TLG. They'd be two massive games to launch a console with.

Bu then again, development for both games could be too far gone for them from releasing on PS3.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
LTTP: I'm in the camp that really enjoyed Alpha Protocol. It was a technical mess, and as outdated as dc*'s posts sometimes, but I had a great time playing it.

*<3

Genoa - Juve on Sunday. Anton Chigurh Martin Caceres is back! Isla, Vidal and Awesomoah won't be training today, I suppose it means we'll see some 'new' faces on the pitch. De Ceglie and Giaccherini, maybe?

Welcome back, you sexy beast!

http://vivaafricasports.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/jose-martin-caceres-120325-celebrates-g-300.jpg[MG][/QUOTE]

WHAT! I don't think I can live without these two. :(

Who's going to play Vidal's role? [s]Pogba[/s] Marchisio? I doubt anyone can adequately replace the Chilean whirlwind of tackles.

It would make sense. We know PS4 is coming and we haven't heard anything about possible release dates for FF Vs or TLG. They'd be two massive games to launch a console with.

Bu then again, development for both games could be too far gone for them from releasing on PS3.

Last Guardian with PS3-textures and 20-30fps
Last Guardian with higher res, and steady 60fps

Know which one I'd pick. I wonder if Nintendo regrets releasing TP on the Gamecube, and if that'd have an effect if Sony were to look into this

dc89

City are playing Fenerbache in the Next Gen now.

Suarez is captain. 16 year old Pozo has started upfront.

Inb4 we don't have youth players.

Kyoufu

At this point I think everyone just wants the games to come out, in some form.

The Last Guardian looks likely to be turned into a mini 3 hour adventure like Journey. Development hell.

Bumhead

Banned
Hopefully the nonsense will settle down in the next week or so. Like I've said, I've not read much into it, but talk of knocking down a ground which the FA clearly feels is compliant to modern standards, over something that happened in the eighties strikes me as pure dumbfuckery.

I guessed it was TalkSport. I only listen to that station when I have to for a match. Some of the shit that is discussed melts my brain, and their unnerving ability to give air time to morons is just the icing on the cake.

You're right. TalkSport exists to get a rise out of people.

It' just frustrating. I'm concerned that I'm overreacting but I don't think I am. The last couple of days has been exhausting and an emotional time.

I think spreading such nonsense at this sort of time is deplorable. Going for the juggler at a time when people are at their most emotive. Yesterday we were supposed to have made progress and yet an aspect of the media have learnt nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom