• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Fergie built that team and it blossomed into one of the best teams i've ever seen. Not many teams were better.

It was ferocious!

Modern day United? It was 3 years ago lol.

Stop getting a hard on and covincing yourself the clubs dieing.

The first 45 minutes in that game were as bad as yesterday's.

I'm not. I'm just thinking United lost certain players and the ones they replaced them with are not as good, no where near as good. Inb4 'how do you replace Ronaldo'.

ridiculous-soccer-dive.gif

Worst piece of gamesmanship in history? (yes, I'm aware that its old)

Also, that Postcode Lottery guy is so very annoying

Inb4 'how do you replace Ronaldo'.

bebe-008.jpg

K1LLER7

It was ferocious!

I'm not. I'm just thinking United lost certain players and the oces they replaced them with are not as good.

Losing Ronaldo and Tevez was a big blow and would've been for any team.

The teams going in the right direction, Fergie's building another team and we've got some great defenders with massive potential. Same for the strikers but our midfield sucks. we need to buy a replacement for scholes and it has to be someone who is already playing at a top level. Not some youngster who'll come good in 3/4 years time.

elsk

Banned
The teams going in the right direction, Fergie's building another team and we've got some great defenders with massive potential. Same for the strikers but our midfield sucks. we need to buy a replacement for scholes and it has to be someone who is already playing at a top level. Not some youngster who'll come good in 3/4 years time.

pogbajuventus.jpg

Have we discussed the hypocritical Tony Pulis yet?

He's not even worth talking about. Tired of his 'small club,' 'we deserve shite decisions because we have no money,' 'two-footers should be encouraged/David Luiz should be hanged' bollocks

I'd love to see Nile Ranger, Ravel Morrison and Joey Barton at the same club

Meier

You guys might remember that we got rear-ended a few weeks ago and my car got jacked up.. well, they've determined it's a "total loss" so now I have until Wednesday to try and get a new car since that's all the guy who hit me's insurance will continue to pay for my rental car til.

Ugh, what a shitty situation. RIP Cookie. :(

pulga

Banned
The City tunnel cam was interesting, lots of great moments in it.

Best was probably Kolarov and Tevez exchange "Manchester weather, I want to kill myself" :lol

That or the Spanish bro-luv

dc89

You guys might remember that we got rear-ended a few weeks ago and my car got jacked up.. well, they've determined it's a "total loss" so now I have until Wednesday to try and get a new car since that's all the guy who hit me's insurance will continue to pay for my rental car til.

Ugh, what a shitty situation. RIP Cookie. :(

Your poor Mini. :(

The City tunnel cam was interesting, lots of great moments in it.

Best was probably Kolarov and Tevez exchange "Manchester weather, I want to kill myself" :lol

That or the Spanish bro-luv

Yeah it was nice ^.^

dc89

Adrian Durham is such a expert troll. I find him genuinely funny.
"Last season Arsenal celebrated like they won the world cup when they beat Chelsea. But it's got worse, they celebrated a draw against Manchester City side who are in poor form. I thought they were going to have a open top bus parade. How far can this club slip."

Edit: It get's better!

"Cazorla is a poor mans Silva. City have the better player in Silva, he has the medals to show for it and what does Cazorla have? Arsenal fans are so desperate for a hero, but it will end in tears because they won't win anything."
OUCH! I disagree with that though, because Cazorla is wonderful.

1) People saying 'the' Arsenal
2) The word 'banter'
3) Commentators and pundits being afraid to use the word 'dive' when discussing a British/Irish player
4) Claiming that a draw/loss is harsh when your result hasn't been affected by the officials/unfortunate circumstance
5) Mark Halsey
6) Everything Eric Cantona ever did being considered a stroke of genius
7) Lee Sharpe's dress sense

1) People saying 'the' Arsenal
2) The word 'banter'
3) Commentators and pundits being afraid to use the word 'dive' when discussing a British/Irish player
4) Claiming that a draw/loss is harsh when your result hasn't been affected by the officials/unfortunate circumstance
5) Mark Halsey
6) Everything Eric Cantona ever did being considered a stroke of genius
7) Lee Sharpe's dress sense
You used to be cool.

Not even that surname can save you now.

Meier

OUCH! I disagree with that though, because Cazorla is wonderful.

I gave somebody the business, Wilbury maybe, about him saying that Cazorla was better than Silva. At least this year, I will freely admit that is absolutely the case.

While Cazorla has been fantastic, Silva has looked good in maybe 90 minutes total so far this season. If even two or three of his passes had been on target yesterday, City could have won that match. Should've really. He was utterly terrible.

elsk

Banned
I gave somebody the business, Wilbury maybe, about him saying that Cazorla was better than Silva. At least this year, I will freely admit that is absolutely the case.

While Cazorla has been fantastic, Silva has looked good in maybe 90 minutes total so far this season. If even two or three of his passes had been on target yesterday, City could have won that match. Should've really. He was utterly terrible.

You can't expect him to play on the same level if he isn't played centrally.

No doubt he was a 'genius' in the footballing sense. But every goal, every kick, every step is talked about as though its some exquisite example of thinking outside of the box.

Still sounds stupid :p
United fans love Cantona more for his general demeanour than anything. He is basically "we do what we want" in human form, but since he's French it's cool.

As for "The Arsenal". I was listening to Paul Merson on Soccer Saturday a couple of weeks backs going on about how Arsenal were no longer "The Arsenal" and now they're just "Arsenal" but really they need to be "The Arsenal".

Somebody send him that link.

That has no effect on his passing accuracy

United fans love Cantona more for his general demeanour than anything. He is basically "we do what we want" in human form, but since he's French it's cool.

As for "The Arsenal". I was listening to Paul Merson on Soccer Saturday a couple of weeks backs going on about how Arsenal were no longer "The Arsenal" and now they're just "Arsenal" but really they need to be "The Arsenal".

Somebody send him that link.

lol, as if he can read

MotD2: what a silly couple of twats Colin Murray and Lawrenson are.

edit: Why the fuck is Ljunberg there? Its like his lawyer's told him to keep his answers down to one sentence with no information or opinions

Meier

The lineup card is just a lineup card -- it doesn't really matter where he is depicted on it. Both Silva and Nasri flow to and from the wings and centrally.

He did make a nice tackle that set up a good counter attack chance yesterday and obviously his corner lead to Lescott's goal, but any time he was in possession and looking to make the pass, he failed miserably. It was so frustrating to watch.

I am sure one of those diagrams (from fourfourtwo maybe?) that shows distance and accuracy of passing for him yesterday would tell the picture all too well.

ATF487

No doubt he was a 'genius' in the footballing sense. But every goal, every kick, every step is talked about as though its some exquisite example of thinking outside of the box.

This happens with a lot of former athletes, people only remember the good times...

Martin Kelly is out until January :(

Who made that pass to Ba to score his goal? It was quality. Btw, does anyone remember that Bergkamp pass to Vieira to score against Chelsea at the Bridge? It was memorable. I remember watching it through the windows of the local pub, haha. Used to spend my weekends, rain or shine, watching Arsenal like that

Im watching the Fenerbache game right now and the atmosphere is WOW. Its like the entire nation is in the stadium

Oxx

MotD2: what a silly couple of twats Colin Murray and Lawrenson are.

edit: Why the fuck is Ljunberg there? Its like his lawyer's told him to keep his answers down to one sentence with no information or opinions

Didn't Freddie say a bad word or something?

I only heard Colin Murray apologising, I missed what he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom