• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
We did it.

WE DID IT.

WE PLAYED LIKE BARCA, THEN LIKE CHELSEA, AND WE FUCKING DID IT

Good second half performance but hopefully that wakes Ferguson the fuck up with his team selections. Incredible the difference the sole change of Rooney for Giggs made. Time to start picking a high-tempo midfield for high-tempo games. And it's definitely time to drop Nani.

near

Gold Member
AVB haters eat some crow. He's here to stay baby! Finally, we beat Utd, for once! Credit to Fergie for bringing out a beast of a Utd side at half we should have lost the game just because of that impressive display, but we held it together. FUCK YES!!

elsk

Banned
Totally undeserved, what a joke of a game.

ibdwxPBoU0iP8Z.png

Soi-Fong

Sad to see the loss, but that 2nd half is the best I've ever seen from Manchester United so far this season. I think we've found our line-up for this season.

Deserved win for Spurs, but nice to see that they were holed up in their half for 95% of the second half.

Arnie

Both teams had a bad half. Spurs came out on top.

I love this period when I can imagine all the United fans driving back down to London in absolute frustrated silence. Radio: off.

Sappy113

Congrats to Spurs. Big win for them.

United won't win anything this season. One dimensional team.

Not sure about one dimensional, but totally unable to take control of a game and keep it. If you can't take over midfield and control the pace of the game, you just won't win much in todays football.

Meier

Super impressed that Spurs held on. United were absolutely heaping on the pressure even with all those guys defending. Friedel made some beautiful saves -- that is why he is still between the sticks.

Crazy game. Why the fuck United can't start a game with the fire they showed in the second half, I'll never know.

So does anyone actually think Chelsea could win the league this year? For some reason I'm still looking between City and United, even though Chelsea's lead is increasing.

Not sure about one dimensional, but totally unable to take control of a game and keep it. If you can't take over midfield and control the pace of the game, you just won't win much in todays football.
In the last 20 minutes we created nothing.

Passed it side to side and put crosses in.

There was no invention or creativity. Spurs just dug in and ground out the result.

near

Gold Member
Q8PxB.jpg

Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol, yes undeserved.

Well Utd got destroyed first half, and we had our fair share of destruction in the second. But we added to our tally with a 3rd goal during the second half, and with all the possession Utd did nothing much other than long balls. So in the end we deserved it, at times we should have lost but we held it together. Suck it up mate.

Soi-Fong

Kagawa shouldn't have been taken off. Welbeck absolutely did shit. Kagawa would have been trying to thread into spaces while Welbeck did none of that.

There was no invention or creativity. Spurs just dug in and ground out the result.

This. All Nani did was cross. At least with Kagawa in the left, Ik now he would have tried to get some balls through the middle or made runs through the middle instead of just crossing.

K1LLER7

Kagawa should've stayed on.

The 2nd half team wouldn't work out in other matches from the start unless Nani was replaced with Anderson or Cleverly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom