• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Embarrassing performance after half time. We bossed United in the first half, we should have bossed them in the second. There's no excuse for booting it away every time just because we're leading. And someone should have stuck to Paul Scholes and chased him all over the pitch. Everything was coming through him.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Crazy game. Why the fuck United can't start a game with the fire they showed in the second half, I'll never know.

So does anyone actually think Chelsea could win the league this year? For some reason I'm still looking between City and United, even though Chelsea's lead is increasing.

Why couldn't Chelsea win it? Most talented squad and best manager. Good lads too, did you guys see John Terry give his boots to a little kid after the game? United will be lucky to make top 4.

doicare

You're not well mate.
Please, tell me more.
Missing the most important category. Goals.
Oh yes that's right, when a team wins or scores a goal there is never any luck involved, ever.
Okay... breathe. Just stay alive here. People can't die from laughing fits, do they? Whoo... breathe..
Uh huh.....
So Bayern won the CL final? :O
Nope because Chelsea were lucky.
Well Utd got raped first half, and we had our fair share of rape second. But we added to our tally with a 3rd goal during the second half, and with all the possession Utd did nothing much other than long balls. So in the end we deserved it, at times we should have lost but we held it together. Suck it up mate.
Not really, United should have had at least one penalty and hit both the post and the cross bar, Tottenham didn't deserve to win.

Rad-

Kagawa shouldn't have been taken off. Welbeck absolutely did shit. Kagawa would have been trying to thread into spaces while Welbeck did none of that.

Tbh Kagawa was pretty quiet in the last 10 minutes or so. Also looked tired. But Ando should have come on if you ask me. There was plenty of space in the middle, just made for those Anderson runs.

LegoArmo

Embarrassing performance after half time. We bossed United in the first half, we should have bossed them in the second. There's no excuse for booting it away every time just because we're leading. And someone should have stuck to Paul Scholes and chased him all over the pitch. Everything was coming through him.

Scholes turns into the best midfielder in the world when you let him do that.

Imagine if he still had the legs and stamina.

PJX

You know who Man Utd could have done with today
Suarez.jpg

I think you mean this man:

Mark_Halsey_1596163c.jpg

WJD

Awww, cheer up, tiger. You should be happy you and your manager finally got a good look at where the team is at when the referee isn't carrying them on his back.

Not really.

I do however hope that he got a good look at someone who shouldn't be starting any important games from here on out. Ryan, you've been fantastic, but it's time to take up yoga/shagging full time.

I don't understand why he can't play 90 mins while Scholes does, does Frogson know something?

Yup, it was infuriating to watch us pass sideways everything when we'd just taken off the man whose interplay with Rooney through the centre had been stretching the play and creating space for opportunities. Welbeck is a fine striker but definitely a questionable substitution bringing Kagawa off for him. Anderson or Cleverley would have made more sense.

Your posts and the reactions to them should tell you all you need to know!
I actually think he is trolling everyone else you know.

He ONLY turns up when United lose or a United player gets injured. Otherwise he isn't even in this thread.

Turns up says something silly and draws loads of replies.

dc89

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

:lol Go on, tell us why.

My evening just got better.

United played like shit, spurs couldn't have deserved it more.

Totally undeserved as long as you decide to ignore the entire first half.

No guys! Don't do it!!!

Q8PxB.jpg

Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol, yes undeserved.

Too late.

Soi-Fong

lol I love how even though United completely was owning Spurs in the second half, we're still complete shit. Nice to see from football-gaf.

near

Gold Member
Honestly, I don't know what happened to Utd during the first half, but Sir Alex is genius with half time team talks. I don't think I've ever watched us get punished for possession like that while we camp in our own half. Felt so abused. Scholes came out like he was 20 yrs old again destroyed us. I tip my hat to Sandro though. Fuck Gallas and Walker, they almost cost us. :p

deroli

Damn. I certainly did not expect a 5:0 victory. The team showed a great reaction after last week's disappointing results against Hamburg and Frankfurt. Besides the very first minutes, our defense was well organized and perfectly supported by the rest of the team. And of course, Gladbach played awfully. They gave up after the third goal (what a shot by Reus!) and even before that, they did not really bother to disturb our offense when we were outside the box.

Now the weekend is saved :)

Not really.

I do however hope that he got a good look at someone who shouldn't be starting any important games from here on out. Ryan, you've been fantastic, but it's time to take up yoga/shagging full time.

Have you guys even tried using him like you did Neville towards the end?

Soi-Fong

Dempsey: "Try and press and they'll just pass it around you"

I don't think he knows United's midfield...

There was much more pressing in the second half by United. You saw that Spurs didn't immediately sat back in the beginning of the second half and tried to attack and did get a goal, but soon after United was pressing harder and soon enough possession was in United's favour forcing them to back off and that's what they did the whole second half.

doicare

In your opinion, when was the last time United "deservedly" lost a match?
In terms of United being able to put out a full strength team but still deservedly losing - the last Barca-United Champions league final. Including games where United were f***ed over by injuries - off the top of my head, when they lost 1 nil to Man City away.

nitewulf

Please, tell me more.

Oh yes that's right, when a team wins or scores a goal there is never any luck involved, ever.

Uh huh.....

Nope because Chelsea were lucky.

Not really, United should have had at least one penalty and hit both the post and the cross bar, Tottenham didn't deserve to win.

stop supporting a piece of shit team

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
We let United dominate us but I don't mind, it was uncharted territory for us and we couldn't really settle. But my god we scrapped, and that's the difference. We were always going to be up against it.

doicare, you lost to a Spurs side without 4 key players (Kaboul, BAE, Parker, Adebayor).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom