• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you win often?

i want in on that action :<

Reasonably often, yes. I'm in a slight profit range (around £70), but I play more for the fun of it more than anything.

The Liverpool results means QPR fucked me out of £100. Despite winning something, I'm not happy at how close I was to winning big. Blackpool's shock defeat cost me £320 the other night.

Anyway, i post match tips daily around 12pm

Yayyy.

That was a good win. Tough opposition and we're through. It was always going to be nervy with that backline. Wooton and Keane basically showed that we desperately need to pray and hope Rio and Evans stay fit. Keane is a prospect but he is so inexperienced, was making basic errors with his positioning and when he was facing up to their attackers. Vermijl was just awful.

Positives though. Anderson and Cleverley looked better. Rooney looks fit. Biggest plus if Fletcher, he eased through that match. That could be great for us if he comes back.

Yeah, pity about Vermijl. Had a fair start but it definitely went wrong for him.

If they all come back and stay back, I could see us winning a decent trophy this season.

Fry

I think Liverpool are ready to see a blending of first and second team. 5 games and no wins in the league; there's no reason not to try it

operon

I think Liverpool are ready to see a blending of first and second team. 5 games and no wins in the league; there's no reason not to try it

Exactly not signing a replacement for Carroll in the summer might turn out to be a blessing in disguise if some the young players get the chance to make their mark

sohois

Well, Assaidi, Sahin, Coates & Robinson pretty much have to come in for the next game with injuries & Shelvey's suspension.

Facism

Reasonably often, yes. I'm in a slight profit range (around £70), but I play more for the fun of it more than anything.

The Liverpool results means QPR fucked me out of £100. Despite winning something, I'm not happy at how close I was to winning big. Blackpool's shock defeat cost me £320 the other night.

I want to get into football betting, got a little dollar put aside to give it a go, but no idea where to start or who with.

Garjon

Was Fortune booed by his own fans there? Really harsh, from what I've heard (stupid late work forcing me to use the radio) he hasn't been too bad.

I want to get into football betting, got a little dollar put aside to give it a go, but no idea where to start or who with.

Where are you based? The US?

I would say start with a small amount e.g 5. Then stake small $1 on an accumulator that can give you a return of x5 profit. Do you know how the odds system works? I'll teach you everything I know. Just PM me, or Skype me

Facism

Small in-play bets are a good place to start, or both team to score acc's like Meus is doing.

safe. Any specific places you place your bets? I'm assuming people like to do this stuff online.

meus, i'm UK. I've got a handle on the odds system, guess i have some reading to do tonight to get myself into the thick of it :)

Turned a fiver into £47 across yesterday and today (Spurs & Arsenal). That should almost be enough to buy me a textbook I need.

Mastadon

Banned
safe. Any specific places you place your bets? I'm assuming people like to do this stuff online.

meus, i'm UK. I've got a handle on the odds system, guess i have some reading to do tonight to get myself into the thick of it :)

Sky Bet give you a free £10 bet just for signing up, so I recommend using them to start with.

ShogunX

GET IN. Superb from the youngsters yet again. I know it's only the CoC cup but we needed that win and I'm really enjoying seeing them progress.

When you see the tips I post, go to www.oddschecker.com to add them to a basket (by selecting Create at the bottom of each list of games) and it'll compare the odds offered by various websites. Some of these websites have a minimum deposit of £5, whereas others are £10. Several of them offer deposits by PayPal, although not all. I commonly use the following

Stanjames
Betfred
Skybet
Paddypower

The one in bold is great for beginners because they offer you £10 free, no deposit required. If you win an accumulator, they just take the £10 off your winnings.

I also use http://uk.soccerway.com/ to see the form of teams, this helps me select what goes on my betslip.

Darth Sonik

we need more FPS games
Didn't see the game but I'm really happy with the young guys stepping up. Hopefully our senior pros follow suit in the league.

flyover

Same, I love watching our youngsters play.

Suso's just brilliant.

He is. I thought he would start today. Him coming in off the bench for just a cameo gives me some hope that he may be starting against Norwich.

And if he's being brought along slowly, I guess that's okay, too. In any case, he's probably going to be more and more important to the team as the season wears on.

Surely pen has to be put to paper

Yeah, if he'll sign, I'm all for locking him up as soon as possible.

danwarb

So Suso or Sahin in for Shelvey against Norwich on Saturday?

Probably Suso is the idea given he didn't start today and came on against United.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Arsenal+v+Coventry+City+-+Capital+One+Cup+Third+Round

Liverpool's crop of youngsters are fantastic.

Suso, Sterling, Shelvey, Robinson and Yesil (again, believing the hype for now) all look like they COULD be top top players. Obv. you never know how it's going to go but they at least have a chance. With some players you know there's a limit. Those guys look really good.

Allen is only 21 or something too. Coates looks promising. Generally a very young squad.

Mastadon

Banned
Liverpool's crop of youngsters are fantastic.

Suso, Sterling, Shelvey, Robinson and Yesil (again, believing the hype for now) all look like they COULD be top top players. Obv. you never know how it's going to go but they at least have a chance. With some players you know there's a limit. Those guys look really good.

Allen is only 21 or something too. Coates looks promising. Generally a very young squad.

Yeah it's really nice to see. Rafa's work with the academy is bearing fruit.

Garjon

I only saw the last 5 minutes but from what I heard on the radio commentary, I was impressed. I expected us to get steamrolled with our 2nd team against a PL side combined with a general lack of confidence but apart from the first 10 minutes of nervousness, we came into the game well. I haven't seen the goals yet so I can't really say anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom