• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol

Thought that was a pretty poor match tbh. Good win for Chelsea...once again Arsenal really should have done more. Shooting themselves in the foot as usual.

dc89

I saw a "JT, Captain, Leader, Legend" banner. Amazing.

Actually, that was a nice gesture by JT them, going his boots to some lads. I just hope some dick heads don't steal them from the kids.

jtb

Banned
What a shit show. Appalling defending (par for the course, I guess), but what was far more worrying was the complete lack of creativity. It's just cross, cross, occasional cut back, cross again. That'd work if there were lots of players in the box, but there never are, and Gervinho is the complete opposite of any kind of aerial threat.

I don't give a shit if he's scored 4 goals this season, Gervinho should not be playing as striker. Giroud needs to be starting ahead of him if Arsenal are going to keep booting the ball into the box because Gervinho is selfish, inconsistent, and has horrible positioning (Granted this might be Wenger's fault since he's probably the one who told him that he's good enough to play like Messi). Poldi-Giroud-Ox/Ramsey/Theo (depending on opposition) is the starting lineup I'd go with.

Diaby's a big blow too, but it was inevitable and shame on Wenger for even dreaming of relying on him for a season.

Love that Wisdom, Suso, Sahin and Sterling are starting today

Think Downing's a lost cause. Cole as well.#

Nothing works with Downing. We leave him in the team to get some form, he bottles it. We try and give him a kick up the arse by dropping him, then he bottles it when he comes back into the team, no matter who he's playing against.

FootballFan

Ahh pretty boring game, didn't really live up to my expectations. Just crap defending from Kosczczienly and rushed play upfront from Arsenal.

Time to watch Bayern.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Olivier Giroud

how much did arsenal buy him for? so far he's been very poor

The last 3 seasons in a row, Arsenal have bought the 'best' strikers in Ligue 1. Chamakh. Gervinho. Giroud. They are all shite.

Giroud needs to start regularly for him to begin to find form. It's no use putting him on with 10 minutes to go and judging him by his one and only opportunity. I'd rather have him up front than Gervinho.

Chelsea didn't really have to do much to earn that victory today

Dibbz

Fuck me what a shit game. Chelsea basically dominated us in midfield for most of the game. Fucking Chelsea. Fuck me.

jtb

Banned
The last 3 seasons in a row, Arsenal have bought the 'best' strikers in Ligue 1. Chamakh. Gervinho. Giroud. They are all shite.

Chamakh was free (and was never a terribly prolific striker—and he was solid when Wenger actually played him), Gervinho was a winger (and should remain that way), and Giroud will come good. Wenger just needs to come to his senses and fucking play his 12m signing.

operon

Think Downing's a lost cause. Cole as well.#

Nothing works with Downing. We leave him in the team to get some form, he bottles it. We try and give him a kick up the arse by dropping him, then he bottles it when he comes back into the team, no matter who he's playing against.

I think Brendan seems to be already publicly preparing Downing for the door

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom