• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Sonik

we need more FPS games
Feels good to finally get a good league result.

But we really need to sort out our defending.

At least we got some goals from play.

Garjon

Sorry to be a bit cynical but I thought Wisdom had a pretty poor game. He kept getting too far forward and was thus caught out of position all too often. The CBs had very little protection throughout the match, a problem which led us to concede many times this and last season.

dc89

Thank God Clattenberg is the 4th official and not the ref at Old Trafford today.
Who remembers his antics a few seasons back and a few seasons prior to that?

I think the last time Spurs won at Old Trafford was before I was born, srsly.

Sorry to be a bit cynical but I thought Wisdom had a pretty poor game. He kept getting too far forward and was thus caught out of position all too often. The CBs had very little protection throughout the match, a problem which led us to concede many times this and last season.

Agreed, although he was strong in thetackle and he wasn't a problem on the ball. Wasn't quite good enough to keep Robinson out of the team next week imo. Allen hasn't been sufficiently adept at protecting the CBs since the City game where he was unexoectedly forced to do it.

Same front 3 and midfield next week hopefully

Clegg

Based on recent history you'd have to say United are favorites.

But with the team thats been selected we'd be lucky to get a draw imo.

Desperately need a win to keep up with Chelsea.

Soi-Fong

Based on recent history you'd have to say United are favorites.

But with the team thats been selected we'd be lucky to get a draw imo.

Desperately need a win to keep up with Chelsea.

Really sucks Vidic is out. A CB might a priority next summer along with a midfielder.

Meier

Wow, FSC just mentioned that De Gea, Welbeck (and undoubtedly a few more) weren't even born yet the last time Spurs won at Old Trafford.

WJD

Even if we do win today and Spurs don't bottle it, I just don't see how that team can give a stimulating, exciting performance.

GorillaJu

Anyone would be right to say that you should look to your team and players first and referees last when digesting any match. That's where the sport is and that's what we watch it for.

But the truth is that few team's fans have the luxury of feeling this calm about referees. You tend to notice bad refereeing more often when it seems to fuck your team over with consistency.

dc89

Assuredly, but let the game start before the whining begins.

Clattenberg has previous controversies with this fixture, I'm sure Tottenham fans will be happy he is not in charge.

dc - "The refs did it..."

Please dc stop being desperate. You're just making yourself look foolish.

Did you see what I am talking about, or are you jumping on the band wagon? Fuck me. Well, your not replying so I guess you just like to take digs at me, come back when you want to talk sensibly.

1) People saying 'the' Arsenal
2) The word 'banter'
3) Commentators and pundits being afraid to use the word 'dive' when discussing a British/Irish player
4) Claiming that a draw/loss is harsh when your result hasn't been affected by the officials/unfortunate circumstance
5) Mark Halsey
6) Everything Eric Cantona ever did being cosidered a stroke of genius
7) Lee Sharpe's dress sense
8) 'Olé'
9) Going over the top when defending the suggestion of bias and incompetence

I want to see Gary Neville on a poper round-up show like MotD.

spidye

198441_539489409401088_1006970046_n.jpg

Hieberrr

not that good. but shaqiri changed the whole game again when he got subbed in. what a great player.
Thanks Spidye!
I knew he was a fame changer for this team. I'm drooling over just how easily we got him last year, haha. His pass to Mandzukic was superb :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom