• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

near

Gold Member
They almost certainly will. Walker gave a shockingly bad goal away at WHL last season where Rooney just nodded in a corner. At least with Caulker we have more height back there.

He almost fucked us up with QPR too. I always hear Brad screaming at him lol, hopefully this is something he's working on. Best form of defence is attack, we'll dead them for pace on the counters so here's to hoping Defoe is clinical today.

Igo

Fulham 1-2 Man City

untitled-9odz4q.gif
What a joke. All that space and no composure. Dude could have just left it and still been fine.

dc89

Aguero could have made it three then. Chance goes begging especially by his standards.

FT 2-1 to City.

Dzeko came on and offered something different, looked to play well and hold the ball up again. City battered Fulham by all accounts really, Fulham had 1 or 2 attacks in that second half. I'll like to see the possession stats.

Right.

Must win for United. Chelsea and City taking points today, we need to ensure we do the same.

Pretty nervous about this match tbh, think Spurs will eat our midfield. But we've got the quality in the side. Hopefully a bright performance and 3 points.

Kyoufu

Shit day for me. My accumulators got fucked by Newcastle.

Note to self: Don't bet on Newcastle. Especially away from home.

Ba saves us again.

K1LLER7

Giggs to score and Fergie will be praised.

Nani plays after he slapped Pettruci? :lol
Attackers have to have a good game.

Any ideas what the bench looks like?

GorillaJu

Luis Suarez is only the second player to score two hat-tricks away from home on the same ground after Wayne Rooney @ the Reebok.

Useless statistic but I do like to see it. Luis was world class today. I don't think he'll be able to keep up this form but when he's on song it's a joy to watch.

Meier

Joe Allen couldn't possibly be any more useless in fantasy. I gotta take the hit and ditch him next week. Part of the problem is that he's worth so little..dunno who I can replace him with.

Tc91

Joe Allen couldn't possibly be any more useless in fantasy. I gotta take the hit and ditch him next week. Part of the problem is that he's worth so little..dunno who I can replace him with.

Yeah I have him aswell and he's awful.

near

Gold Member
Giggs to score and Fergie will be praised.

Nani plays after he slapped Pettruci? :lol
Attackers have to have a good game.

Any ideas what the bench looks like?

Subs: De Gea, Wootton, Anderson, Cleverley, Hernandez, Rooney, Welbeck

Glad there's no Valencia. :)

I know how you feel but I can't fault them. Scoring 5 goals, all from open play. That's more than we've scored up to this point.

I know, and I'm aware that it conserves energy, but it ends up putting us under more pressure because we're completely out of shape when we lose the ball. What could well have been a 7-1 becomes a 5-2 just like that. Also a shame for the likes of Henderson and Assaidi who are trying to stake a claim, only to be thrown in with 8 players who've basically stopped, Suarez excepted.

PaulLFC

Fantastic performance, a couple of soft goals conceded but when we play as well as that it doesn't matter as much. Suarez was brilliant, could have had a couple more too, and definitely should have had a penalty - but I'm glad that our performance was good enough that the referee didn't affect the result.

Clegg

Right.

Must win for United. Chelsea and City taking points today, we need to ensure we do the same.

Pretty nervous about this match tbh, think Spurs will eat our midfield. But we've got the quality in the side. Hopefully a bright performance and 3 points.

Scrappy performance where our midfield is totally dominated. We'll hang onto a 0-0 score due to prolifigate finishing from Spurs and some heroic last minute defending.

Giggs will play shit but Kagawa will be subbed off instead of him. Rooney will come on in the 70th minute, United will get a dodgy penalty with ten minutes to go and we'll hang on by the skin of our teeth.

flyover

Useless statistic but I do like to see it. Luis was world class today. I don't think he'll be able to keep up this form but when he's on song it's a joy to watch.

It is. I actually think his form is pretty consistent (especially for a striker) in just about everything except finishing. Unfortunately, that's a pretty big "except."

Garjon

Sahin shouldn't cost much, Suso and Sterling also.

LegoArmo

Scrappy performance where our midfield is totally dominated. We'll hand onto a 0-0 draw due to prolifigate finishing from Spurs and some heroic last minute defending.

Giggs will play shit but Kagawa will be subbed off instead of him. Rooney will come on in the 70th minute, United will get a dodgy penalty with ten minutes to go and we'll hang on by the skin of our teeth.

That sounds extremely likely. 3 points!

Manager

Aguero could have made it three then. Chance goes begging especially by his standards.

FT 2-1 to City.

Dzeko came on and offered something different, looked to play well and hold the ball up again. City battered Fulham by all accounts really, Fulham had 1 or 2 attacks in that second half. I'll like to see the possession stats.

After all his goals, isn't it weird that Balotelli still comes on in 65th and him 85th?

I wonder where Mancini's limit goes re Balo...

GorillaJu

I fucking told all you guys who had Allen at the start that he isn't a goalscorer and doesn't assist much either. He's like Modric but doesn't attack the box as much. Also, he's taken over Lucas' role as our defensive midfielder so he's the furthest back. No one listened to me. :lol

GorillaJu

Sahin shouldn't cost much, Suso and Sterling also.

Sahin is 6.7 (down from 7.0 because people bought him, then dropped him when he wasnt getting played). I'm considering it. I think we'll see Sahin get a lot of time over the next few weeks and Liverpool has some easy fixtures still ahead.

dc89

He's in my fantasy team and he's got 1-2 points a week. He's next out the door.

City fans who were critical of Silva have been praising him today! Apparently back doing what he does best. I sure hope so.

Manager

He's in my fantasy team and he's got 1-2 points a week. He's next out the door.

City fans who were critical of Silva have been praising him today! Apparently back doing what he does best. I sure hope so.

He was poor in first half, doing mispasses like he has done all season. The whole team woke up after HT though, fought much much more and showed glimpses of last season.

Silva was very good in 2nd half. Now he just gotta keep that up in longer periods.

Weidenfeller - Piszczek Subotic Hummels Schmelzer - Kehl Gündogan Kuba Götze Reus - Schieber

Lewy rested. Also, still no fan of Reus on the left. Should be the other way around, Götze on the left and Reus in the centre...

flyover

I fucking told all you guys who had Allen at the start that he isn't a goalscorer and doesn't assist much either. He's like Modric but doesn't attack the box as much. Also, he's taken over Lucas' role as our defensive midfielder so he's the furthest back. No one listened to me. :lol

True. Any value he had disappeared when Lucas got hurt. If Liverpool kept clean sheets, he might still be a good 4.5M bench guy who's at least guaranteed to play and get you two or three points if your real players don't get in (Like Barry Ferguson at Birmingham a few years back, though Ferguson always got bonus points under the old system). But Allen costs more than that, and Liverpool can't keep a clean sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom