• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

elsk

Banned
I don't even know what is happening. is this real life?
I've always been a fan of Bengtson, but people don't rate him just because he's not the David Suazo-type of striker. He's a top class finisher.

Mario Martínez is top class, hope I can find a video of his goal later!

Honduras odds were great. Should have taken them. This is your fault elsk.

Never trust elsk

santi_yo

JUANFRANCE
KuGsj.gif
LLShC.gif

Ce-Lin

hope Spain learn the lesson, that was some childish giveaway by Juanfran, just incredible with only seconds to win the match, Benzema deserved a goal but it's ok, Spain can't win every match I guess.

rodvik

He is a beast for Belgium. He just needs to find his form and settle in at Villa. I think that is why Lambert keeps starting him, which I'm okay with.

yeah, I imagine getting service from a world class midfield helps him a lot as well, which sadly he doesnt really get much of at Villa.

Clegg

Arsenal don't have a very good defence.

The first few games were an aberration and they're back to being a joke again.

spidye

This game isnt worth talking about, but Neuer had a shocking game. Dont know what's wrong with him.

the whole team refused to play football after the 60th minute.
löw should have strengthened the midfield but instead he subbs out the only offensive midfielder who knows to defend. should have brought höwedes in and not fucking podolski.

jtb

Banned
wat

Kaboul, Gallas, Vertonghen, Dawson, Caulker

BAE, Walker, Naughton, Smith

VS

Koscielny, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Squillaci (lol), Djourou (double lol)

Gibbs, Sagna, Jenkinson, Santos

Arsenal have some decent defenders but they can't match our options.

I'd say Arsenal have better full backs (esp depth, even if Santos is complete shit), and Spurs have better central defense options. Caulker and Vertonghen in particular look to both be great additions to the first team squad.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
lol we shat the bed alright.

Its aight, France deserved that tie for sure. Fun game.

K1LLER7

Özil is in a different class at the moment, but you can see that Kroos is improving fast, he's got potential to be as good as Mesut, imo.
Mesut is still only 23/24? Gonna be hard to take that CAM position from him if he keeps his good form going.

What's happened to Goetze?

He is a beast for Belgium. He just needs to find his form and settle in at Villa. I think that is why Lambert keeps starting him, which I'm okay with.

Just keep hoofing the ball to his head, that's what Belgium does!

Some hilarious results tonight, wonder if someone gambled on Macedonia, North Ireland and Albania winning and Spain drawing.

FootballFan

Özil can be brilliant at times but he, reus and kroos tend to disappear after 60 or 70 minutes.

That clip is from the Euros and surely it is a known fact by now that Ozil barely lasts past the 65th minute. Stamina/fitness I guess, but that can always be improved.

Dat gif pass is so cool though, bad ass technique.

the whole team refused to play football after the 60th minute.
löw should have strengthened the midfield but instead he subbs out the only offensive midfielder who knows to defend. should have brought höwedes in and not fucking podolski.
There were no alts for DM, Westermann plays in CB in Hamburg in like 9/10 games and haven't played in years in the national team - you can't just put him into the DM.
It's Löw's fault, definitely.

Özil is in a different class at the moment, but you can see that Kroos is improving fast, he's got potential to be as good as Mesut, imo.

He will never be world class in CAM, he's not good enough technically/can't dribble for shit.
He would be a great classical CM, alá Zidane, but he's definitely not a DM (deep-laying-pm). We don't have a DM right now, Khedira doesn't play like one (because Löw doesn't want him to).

Kenka

There is zero explanation as to what happened. It's worrisome to see Germany alternate between greatness and abyssimal performances. I don't understand.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Xavi is not a player that can play 90 minutes of every game, he looked very tired.

Hungary ate Turkey!

I'm so happy that we lost, national team is just shit. With every loss we're less likely to end in the higher end of the group, thus more likely to wake to fuck up from this slumber.

Top Bottom