• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

Usually raise our game for the big teams, we're the Liverpool of International football (excluding the successful past).

Now to draw against Azerbaijan in our next home game.

MrKaepora

And Israel has a one point lead over Portugal and is in second place. They have one more game though.

Edit: sorry, that damn FIFA didn't change the site. They have both seven points in four games.

Van Nistelrooy had fantastic technique lol. Incredible first touch.

I consider technique to bascally mean appearing comfortable on the ball, and like its always under the player's control. Neither attribute jumps out at me when thinking of Van Nistelrooy, as brilliant as he was

Its also why I consider Carragher to be probably the most tecnhically poor player in the league

TeegsD

Maybe...just maybe this will finally be the game where that little lightbulb goes off in Bento's head and he realizes to NEVER START POSTIGA EVER AGAIN

Clegg

Joshua King scored his first goal for Norway this evening.

He's another guy that still hasn't played for Uniteds first team. He's also said that he'd leave if he hasn't broken into the senior squad by the end of the season.

Maybe he'd be worth including in a few senior squads just to see if he could hack it.

FootballFan

A5W4w79CMAAJN5k.jpg

Hahahaha

wtf @ Canada losing 8-1, could be a Costly result.

I consider technique to bascally mean appearing comfortable on the ball, and like its always under the player's control. Neither attribute jumps out at me when thinking of Van Nistelrooy, as brilliant as he was
Then I think your memory is playing tricks on you.

Van Nistelrooy was very comfortable on the ball. He didn't have great pace, quick feet or the ability to dribble. But his first touch was immense and he scored some incredible goals which would require the highest technical ability.

cloudyy

Maybe...just maybe this will finally be the game where that little lightbulb goes off in Bento's head and he realizes to NEVER START POSTIGA EVER AGAIN
Or Ruben Michael, he's basically the one offering goals to the opposite team. Portugal's inability to score isn't anything new but Postiga, funny enough, actually scores.

Joshua King scored his first goal for Norway this evening.

He's another guy that still hasn't played for Uniteds first team. He's also said that he'd leave if he hasn't broken into the senior squad by the end of the season.

Maybe he'd be worth including in a few senior squads just to see if he could hack it.
Ole is looking to take him to Molde, I think. Been to our latest u21 game to scout him.

elsk

Banned

Mumei

I asked Mumei if we'd be allowed to start a football/sports betting thread, but he either didn;t read it, or ignored it :p

I don't remember if I answered, but I had no idea then or now. And I can't remember if I directed the question to another moderator then, but I can't remember what the answer was if I did.

So basically go to the #football IRC and bug Kabouter about it. He might be asleep right now, though.

Clegg

I'm willing to bet that United will win fuck all and Evra will continue to look a fool.

Evra has been shit for years so that hardly matters.

United will be there or thereabouts come the end of the season. They always are.

Good luck to Arsenal trying to get anywhere with a ten goal a year striker.

Then I think your memory is playing tricks on you.

Van Nistelrooy was very comfortable on the ball. He didn't have great pace, quick feet or the ability to dribble. But his first touch was immense and he scored some incredible goals which would require the highest technical ability.

All of that is stuff which Giroud could replicate to a degree surely? I just consider technique to be of an aesthetic thing than an attribute thing

For instance, I think Suso is perhaps technically the most proficient player in our team, yet he's nowhere near as complete as many others

FootballFan

Just got home, any good matches tonight?

Umm yes!

Honduras beat Canada 8-1 (loool)

Germany was winning 4-0 against Sweden and then in the last 28 minutes it became 4-4.

Portugal at home barely drew 1-1 against N.Ireland.

France scored in the last seconds to get a 1-1 draw against Spain.

Salvadora

Evra has been shit for years so that hardly matters.

United will be there or thereabouts come the end of the season. They always are.

Good luck to Arsenal trying to get anywhere with a ten goal a year striker.
He will score more than 10.
All of that is stuff which Giroud could replicate to a degree surely? I just consider technique to be of an aesthetic thing than an attribute thing

For instance, I think Suso is perhaps technically the most proficient player in our team, yet he's nowhere near as complete as many others
He doesn't play for United. Just like RVP only had one good season before joining them.

It's not about being complete.

I don't think Giroud can score a goal like this.

RVN volley

The technical ability required to score a goal like this, it's not common.

He will score more than 10.

He doesn't play for United. Just like RVP only had one good season before joining them.
Edit - Oh sorry. I think I misunderstood what you were saying. My apologies.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Uruguay's last 4 games:

4-0 L to Colombia
1-1 T to Ecuador
3-0 L To Argentina
Now 3-0 L to Bolivia.

Yikes.

shit's just embarrasing

to be fair we always lose over there, and everyone blames the height issues and how they cant stand it, but excuses are excuses

we need to let go of the WC mania and realize that this team needs changes asap
I guess it's time to bring back Zaira and Tabarez's mistress.

Scum

Umm yes!

Germany was winning 4-0 against Sweden and then in the last 28 minutes it became 4-4.

Keep England away from footy, great results occur!

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Umm yes!

Ecuador - Venezuela should be good. Come on Vinotinto I need you to win!

Clegg

I don't rate Giroud not because he doesn't play for United.

I don't rate him because I don't think he's very good.

RVP has always been a good player even when he wasn't a prolific goalscorer.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
VENEZUELAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA 1

Ecuador (as coached by Reinaldo Rueda) 0

Es el mismo libreto del técnico colombiano, todos juegan a lo mismo.

Tc91

Yaya Toure has gone as far as he can at Manchester City and wants a new challenge at a club such as Barcelona, Chelsea or Bayern Munich, according to his agent.

"Toure has done everything that he can with City and needs new motivations," Seluk was quoted as saying by Sport (the Barcelona-based newspaper).

"He could sign for many big clubs, like Chelsea or Bayern Munich, but I would like it if Barca made a bid for him."

Go to Barca Yaya. You know you want to.

elsk

Banned
If they don´t win anything with the national team or the Champions league they are gonna go down in history as the looser generation of Bayern Munich and Germany.

Haha, no really. Bayern players are doing great overall. If Germany can't hold on a 4 goals lead is because their coach is shit.

Salvadora

We'll have to agree to disagree then. I still think he is slow as fuck but I think he has the quality to make it.

bud

fucking hell, elsk, i thought you said panama were going to steamroll cuba?!

my accumulator is now in the trash, together with my 25 cents. i'm suing you!

jtb

Banned

It's a bit early to say he's simply not very good isn't it...?

Its a great goal, but I think most strikers could score goals like that. Only the top 1% have the trust in their own ability to try it though
Perhaps, but Van Nistelrooy has done it. Easy to say many could. And he hasn't got one goal of this calibre. He's scored 4 or 5 amazing volleys like that which I can remember off the top of my head. As well as quite a few others where he's killed the ball dead, gone through tight spaces, etc. Some really fantastic goals. Just watch a YouTube compilation of him.

Giroud doesn't have the same technical ability as him from what I have seen, not even close tbh.

That said, I'm not making any judgement on Giroud, or saying he is rubbish. I really don't know tbh. But it's pretty obv that technically he isn't brilliant. That doesn't mean he won't score goals though.

Go to Barca Yaya. You know you want to.
Old quotes. From the day after City won the title.

Top Bottom