• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I never understand results like that.
Do the other team players decide not to run anymore or what?
Honduras scored very early. Canada had no other choice but to go forward, as Honduras beating them and Panamá and Cuba drawing had them eliminated. Honduras took advantage of Canada being so stretched out.

I don't rate Giroud not because he doesn't play for United.

I don't rate him because I don't think he's very good.

RVP has always been a good player even when he wasn't a prolific goalscorer.

While Giroud may not be as technically adept as Suarez or RVP, he has shown that he is a promising striker. The funny thing is, even though he has missed shockers, his movement to get into those positions is often impressive. He will always get chances to score, and thats the largest attribute any striker could have.

The only question is: will he able to convert a high proportion of them?

I believe he will. Giroud is a No.9 type of forward, a type we've badly needed over the years. He's shown more promise than RVP did pre-2011

PJX

He did.

He left because Guardiola preferred Busquets in midfield.

Then there would be no reason for him to go back there because nothing would change. At City he is guaranteed to start week in and week out. Probably agent trying to stir shit up to get Man City to increase his wages.

Haha, no really. Bayern players are doing great overall. If Germany can't hold on a 4 goals lead is because their coach is shit.
Yeah they do great overall, but the whole mentality from Mattheus and the old generations that was like "Just go out and win, nothing else is even thinkable" especially in Germany. That mentality must be as far away as possible when Schweini and the others go out for a big game in a big tournament.

jtb

Banned
Leaving City for PSG? I don't know if I would.

Well, it's a step up from Anzhi...

Then there would be no reason for him to go back there because nothing would change. At City he is guaranteed to start week in and week out. Probably agent trying to stir shit up to get Man City to increase his wages.

He probably just wants to have a chance at winning in Europe.

FootballFan

He did.

He left because Guardiola preferred Busquets in midfield.

I said it the other day, I don't know how Yaya expects anything to be different if he returns.

He was great for us but Busquets still dominates the starting spot so it will just become the same situation of him not getting enough starts/minutes.

Him and his agent have already said it about 3 times that Yaya would like to come back. Don't think we need him though. Song, Masch and Busi are enough for DM position. Unless he wants to play further up.

Haha, no really. Bayern players are doing great overall. If Germany can't hold on a 4 goals lead is because their coach is shit.

Oh come on, of course they must win something. You won't remember Schweinsteiger or Lahm for winning a few Bundesliga titles and a DFB cup, that just happens when you're playing for Bayern. They'll be remembered as those guys that lost two CL finals and failed at Euro/WC.

I said it the other day, I don't know how Yaya expects anything to be different if he returns.

He was great for us but Busquets still dominates the starting spot so it will just become the same situation of him not getting enough starts/minutes.

Him and his agent have already said it about 3 times that Yaya would like to come back. Don't think we need him though. Song, Masch and Busi are enough for DM position. Unless he wants to play further up.

If Vilanova has the ability to somehow integrate Toure's power into the team in attack, that could be incredible. Iniesta or Xavi would have to miss out though

FootballFan

If Vilanova has the ability to somehow integrate Toure's power into the team in attack, that could be incredible. Iniesta or Xavi would have to miss out though

I guess the front three could be Iniesta-Messi-Pedro(or Sanchez, Villa etc). With midfield of Yaya-Biscuit-Xavi. I'm probably alone in saying I'd rather have Yaya than Cesc but I would lol.

GtoxM.jpg

3sYjn.jpg

were they fighting for real?

Doesn't sound like it from Luiz twitter

"I think to laugh about some news of myself and @sandroraniere...I think some people are jealous of a happiness between friends. Unbelievable"

You can also see Oscar shoving him in that pic for fun...Also Sandro turned into a wheelbarrow not long after

0cMGE.jpg

Clegg

It's a story from the Mirror so it's most likely bullshit.

But even if City were to bid for Busquets it's highly unlikely he'd leave Barca. They're the best team in the world and are his boyhood club.

City would have to make a ridiculous offer to interest Barca and Busquets. And even then they'd probably be turned down.

Like the De Rossi transfer saga but for an even better player.

I guess the front three could be Iniesta-Messi-Pedro(or Sanchez, Villa etc). With midfield of Yaya-Biscuit-Xavi. I'm probably alone in saying I'd rather have Yaya than Cesc but I would lol.

I don't think Fabregas fits in either tbh. The way you play neutralises the things that he's truly world class at. He's turned into a more effective player, but a worse one imo. Feel the same about Sanchez tbh

jtb

Banned
Man, why the hell did Barcelona even buy Cesc anyways... just fucking play Thiago instead and everyone would've been happy.

Clegg

I don't think Fabregas fits in either tbh. The way you play neutralises the things that he's truly world class at. He's turned into a more effective player, but a worse one imo. Feel the same about Sanchez tbh

I don't think Sanchez is any more effective for Barca than he was for Udinese.

In fact, he doesn't look as threatening either.

Guys the story doesn't even warrant discussion. The quotes from Yaya's agent are months old. And Busquets is not leaving Barca, no chance.

Sanchez isn't even effective anymore.

His style of play doesn't suit Barca at all really. I don't know if he made a "mistake" going there but if he had decided to join United or City are that time he would have been at a club where his talents were better used.

AndresON777

shooting blanks

Agreed. Cesc is garbage. Peru is such an underachieving team. They got talent dont know what's up with them.

Was Cesc better at Arsenal?

Easily. Dribbling, shooting, set pieces were all better due to the system allowing him to display his skill. And at Barca, they make absolutely zero use of his best attribute, the ability to play a perfect pass between 20 and 40 yards for another player to run onto in a quick attack. At Barca, the buildup is too slow, and the opposition too clustered for him to do it

BeauRoger

Unconfirmed Member
Sweden just made an amazing comback against zie germans. 4-0 to germany after 60 minutes, turned into 4-4 with the final goal coming in the final seconds of the game.

K1LLER7

I don't think Sanchez is any more effective for Barca than he was for Udinese.

In fact, he doesn't look as threatening either.
It's like he can't play his natural game and always has to look for a pass or a run through on goal. He would've been perfect for United, Madrid or Chelsea.

@Viva, Sanchez honestly strikes me as a weaker Valencia the way he's used at Barca
Got more to his game than Tony V but I see where you're coming from. He doesn't really have the license to be free, he just gets the ball cuts in and shifts it...and then because of the way Barca dominate play he often gets crowded out as there is not much space to go on runs etc.

He would fare alot better at a side where he could break quickly, counter attack and get the chance to run at defences.

Was Cesc better at Arsenal?
I don't think he was better or worse, think he's the same.

Just he isn't as important to Barca and the better players there make him look worse.

Top Bottom