• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizz

God dammit this fucking sucks for me:

They must've paid some olympic type monies for this shit. I don't get nbc sports network this is bullshit

Booooooo!

YESSSSSSSSSSS HD PL ALL DAY ALL THE TIME NOW!

You guys don't understand, every United match I watch is on a Spanish channel in SD and with a big black box around the picture. So I have to turn on SAP to get the English broadcast audio and then stretch the image on my TV to get the game to fit on my screen.

lpz6v.gif

Should happen in football more often.

She ain't even the hottest on the show. Wooden should know better:

ibgFzmYL4YC60Y.gif

tumblr_lkw3o3KDlD1qjryg0o1_500.gif

Hey I didn't say there wasn't hotter girls in the show.

I loved watching WWF when I was a kid, but yeah I grew out of it. Loved the Attitude era, that had the best wrestlers and storylines.

The Rock <3

Stone Cold <3

K1LLER7

Interesting fact:-

No player had more shots on target at Stamford Bridge and Van Persie has now scored more goals there than any other visiting player (6).

Slizz

Anyone from the Attitude era of WWF remember Owen Hart and the Blue Blazer? I will never get over watching him die live on TV. JR had no idea wtf to say, the producers of the PPV had no clue what to do and you basically saw everything, then a cut away and then him on the stretcher.

GorillaJu

YESSSSSSSSSSS HD PL ALL DAY ALL THE TIME NOW!

You guys don't understand, every United match I watch is on a Spanish channel in SD and with a big black box around the picture. So I have to turn on SAP to get the English broadcast audio and then stretch the image on my TV to get the game to fit on my screen.

If I saw a blurry picture of a turd I'd be grateful of its blurriness. You'll be in for a wake up call when you finally see Wayne Rooney in HD.

Lightning

Banned
I was there too! It was incredible! This would be my 6th Wrestlemania. Is it 30 this year? could be good. The only one I hated was 25. Fuck me that was awful other than the first HBK/Taker match!
Yeah. It will be 30 this year. I will personally never forget that though. You are a luck sob to be able to go to 6. I've only been able to go to the 1 and it was that one. I have watched the rest of them on TV but it's not the same as that night.

GorillaJu

Anyone from the Attitude era of WWF remember Owen Hart and the Blue Blazer? I will never get over watching him die live on TV. JR had no idea wtf to say, the producers of the PPV had no clue what to do and you basically saw everything, then a cut away and then him on the stretcher.

Never heard of this event but looked it up on Wikipedia and it sounds terrible. But the family made 18 million from WWF. America fuck yeah?

Slizz

Never heard of this event but looked it up on Wikipedia and it sounds terrible. But the family made 18 million from WWF. America fuck yeah?

I've looked briefly for footage and it's nowhere to be found. His shtick as the Blue Blazer was to fly from the rafters on a harness and land in the ring. Except this time they fucked his harness up and he basically dropped from the rafters of the arena to the mat with no resistance.

EDIT: It's burned in my brain though I was 12 years old.

Yeah. It will be 30 this year. I will personally never forget that though. You are a luck sob to be able to go to 6. I've only been able to go to the 1 and it was that one. I have watched the rest of them on TV but it's not the same as that night.

It was incredible. I may go as it is 30 this year. I want to convince my brother to go but he only watches WM on TV every year and won't be able to get the time of work I assume :/

GorillaJu

I've looked briefly for footage and it's nowhere to be found. His shtick as the Blue Blazer was to fly from the rafters on a harness and land in the ring. Except this time they fucked his harness up and he basically dropped from the rafters of the arena to the mat with no resistance.

EDIT: It's burned in my brain though I was 12 years old.

Yeah I guess they used a special harness for this one since he was supposed to pretend to struggle and flop on his face as part of his character, but he triggered the release early and landed on the ropes (according to the Wiki)

xintin

They must've paid some olympic type monies for this shit. I don't get nbc sports network this is bullshit

Booooooo!
Whatever, thank fuck for this. There's no way Cox Cable was gonna shell out for beIN when they already have FSC and GolTV. Wonder if NBC will sub-license to ESPN like FOX did though.

ATF487

Booooooo!

THIS IS FUCKING AWESOME HOLY SHIT. Will probably not be able to afford a cable package with all of these, but my parents would probably let me slingbox one of their fios boxes.

NBC Sports has a lot of stuff I watch now. NHL, MLS, Indy car, now EPL and F1

Slizz

Yeah I guess they used a special harness for this one since he was supposed to pretend to struggle and flop on his face as part of his character, but he triggered the release early and landed on the ropes (according to the Wiki)

It's weird that it says the death didn't air on the PPV and that a promo was playing.... He'd done the stunt before and every single time they put a camera on him up in the rafters. Hart used to act like a clown as the Blue Blazer, flapping his arms and what not dancing around. There is no way they are playing a promo and missing his entrance when the Intercontinental Belt was on the line.

LegoArmo

I'm going to fall asleep watching the Saints vs Broncos game.

Amazing day of football today, and the thread was in good form, we'll do this again next weekend.

Slizz

I'm going to fall asleep watching the Saints vs Broncos game.

Amazing day of football today, and the thread was in good form, we'll do this again next weekend.

LA Galaxy vs. Seattle Sounders MLS has been very entertaining, I didn't even give thought to the Sunday Night Game. Was hoping it'd be close after the MLS game finished.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Vidal scored his 12th Juve goal yesterday. Vucinic is close with 14, embarrassing.

Edit: To be fair to Mirko, he did reach double figures in assists.

So you went to the one in Miami? Did you get to see the city/enjoy it?

Sorry, went to McDonalds :p That was one of the ones I missed. I go on my mums cheap airline tickets but they are standby and you don't know if you get on the flight. Miami is one of the places where 9/10 times you get bumped off the flight.

Yeah I just looked it up as well. But why not go to both if you can? It's only once a year.

It just is whether my Mum can afford to finance it again next year. I guess I might. I don't know :lol I still want to see the Rock wrestle. I only got to see if Rock Bottom Cena :lol Although I did blag floor seats at that event :D

K1LLER7

Vidal scored his 12th Juve goal yesterday. Vucinic is close with 14, embarrassing.

Edit: To be fair to Mirko, he did reach double figures in assists.

could we borrow a midfielder, you can take one of our refs. I'd recommend Howard Webb, big game player in the CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom