• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Every game live aint bad though. I sure hope I can get every game off directTV just like today though.

I have a Spanish language package to get beinsport espanol and some colombian and argentine channels.

Directv will hopefully add it to the sports package which is like 10 bucks a month iirc

--edit I get telemundo and mun2 already at least

Meier

Criticized for using tape delay with the Olympics because of time differences, NBC will not do so with Premier League games, Lazarus said.

"We think we're acquiring a set of assets that has unique affluent male appeal that's very attractive to advertisers and attractive to cable operators," Lazarus said.

NBC's English-language networks will televise six live games a week. One or two of the company's other cable channels will be used along with NBC Sports Network, Lazarus said, but which ones have not been determined yet as schedules are evaluated. Other games will be streamed live online.

The network has been expanding its sports portfolio since cable company Comcast took over NBCUniversal in January 2011, a merger that paired cable sports channel Versus with NBC Sports. Versus was renamed NBC Sports Network at the start of this year.
The previous three-year EPL deal with Fox, that saw some matches sublicensed to ESPN, was worth about $80 million.

The EPL has sold its TV rights in Britain to BSkyB and BT for £3 billion ($4.86 billion) in a record three-year deal from the 2013-14 season.

The EPL said NBC will deliver the "biggest and broadest programming and promotion commitment ever in the United States" for the league.

"The NBC Sports Group has an excellent track record in sports broadcasting," EPL chief executive Richard Scudamore said.

Telemundo and mun2 will show Spanish-language coverage in the U.S.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/oct/29/nbc-250m-english-premier-league-epl-broadcast-us

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
If it's anything like Al Jazeera's coverage then you guys struck gold. You get every single game basically.

Novid

Banned
well. this is news. I thought that Murdock's Boys would keep the whole shabang. This is a big loss for ESPN and FOX - ESPN was starting to make inroads, and with baseball on a deathspiral one wonders if EPL helps MLS rise - they have the crouds but not the TV ratings.

Lightning

Banned
What is this I'm reading that Roberto Mancini has issued a back me or sack me statement to the board? Bullshit or legit? Seems odd since City are not badly placed in the league and still have the best squad depth. A blundered CL again but the players share some blame in that. They looked shit against Dortmund and again against Ajax.

rodvik

I have a Spanish language package to get beinsport espanol and some colombian and argentine channels.

Directv will hopefully add it to the sports package which is like 10 bucks a month iirc

--edit I get telemundo and mun2 already at least

I would love to see colombian league games. I would also really like to see Russian League covered somewhere.

rodvik

What is this I'm reading that Roberto Mancini has issued a back me or sack me statement to the board? Bullshit or legit? Seems odd since City are not badly placed in the league and still have the best squad depth. A blundered CL again but the players share some blame in that. They looked shit against Dortmund and again against Ajax.

Mancini gone by June, Pep Gardiola will take his place.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I would love to see colombian league games. I would also really like to see Russian League covered somewhere.

Yep I hope somebody picks up the russian league. maybe fox soccer channel?

They arent going to have any soccer to show now that bein owns la liga, serie a, league 1 lol

---EDIT: right I forgot about champions league lol. Still it's not frequent enough

Meier

nbc sports buying the EPL? damn.. Fox Soccer just because worthless, I guess they still have champs league for now

Yeah, Fox Soccer Channel may as well close up shop. beIN gutted them and NBC is landing the finishing blow. Great channel, but it will be utterly useless now.. let alone Fox Soccer Plus. One of them will definitely be shuttered at a minimum.

There just isn't a big enough market for these things to be worth it. We'll see though, FSC will have to get desperate very soon.

All they'll have left is UEFA and I'm sure their rights will expire within a year or two.

rodvik

Yep I hope somebody picks up the russian league. maybe fox soccer channel?

They arent going to have any soccer to show now that bein owns la liga, serie a, league 1 lol

---EDIT: right I forgot about champions league lol. Still it's not frequent enough

Yeah, Fox may as well close up shop. beIN gutted them and NBC is landing the finishing blow. Great channel, but it will be utterly useless now.. let alone Fox Soccer Plus. One of them will definitely be shuttered.

There just isn't a big enough market for these things to be worth it. We'll see though, FSC will have to get desperate very soon.

All they'll have left is UEFA and I'm sure their rights will expire within a year or two.

Its funny after Fox Sports when balls out in their Direct TV dispute they are now useless. Hopefully they get desperate enough to cover new leagues.

XABI.gif

I'd be very grateful if somebody could reverse-loop this gif for me, so he puts the teacup down, picks it up, sips, puts it down, picks it up etc

Meier

Found this old article..

LOS ANGELES (DECEMBER 14, 2010)
FOX Sports Media Group today announced that it has renewed its exclusive media rights in the United States and Caribbean to the UEFA Champions League, the world’s most prestigious annual club soccer competition, for three additional seasons from 2012/13 through 2014/15.

The agreement with UEFA - the governing body of soccer in Europe - ensures comprehensive coverage of the tournament on multiple FSMG properties including FOX Sports, FOX Soccer Channel, FOX Soccer Plus, FOX Deportes, FOX Sports Net (FSN) and FX, as well as online video streaming service FOXsoccer.tv throughout the first half of this decade. FOX is currently in the second of a three-season partnership with UEFA through 2011/12, delivering for the first time ever all 146 UEFA Champions League matches from the Play-off Round onward to U.S. viewers.

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/...s-league-FOX-Sports-extends-CL-rights-to-2015

Novid

Banned
Yeah, Fox may as well close up shop. beIN gutted them and NBC is landing the finishing blow. Great channel, but it will be utterly useless now.. let alone Fox Soccer Plus. One of them will definitely be shuttered.

NBC gets UEFA soon. They did this to fix the major problems with their pipe lines with was Obvious with the Olimpics. beIn is good with LigaBBVA. All this leading to the big basketball contract in the states. ESPN still acting like Kids in a big mans world. Its sad really.

Edit: OOPS spoke too soon...um...2014 then.

Fintan

ESPN are losing their PL rights in UK and Ireland next year, I think. BT will have the rights, don't know what means in terms of what channel they'll be shown on. I hope I don't miss out on those matches because I'm in Ireland.

Clegg

ESPN are losing their PL rights in UK and Ireland next year, I think. BT will have the rights, don't know what means in terms of what channel they'll be shown on. I hope I don't miss out on those matches because I'm in Ireland.

I was thinking the same thing.

Don't want to get rid of ESPN though. They have Bundesliga and Serie A matches.

Messi

I want to apologise to some of you guys for what happened earlier. I have a tendency to have panic attacks and I am mostly unable to read social situations. Thus sometimes I over react, that is what happened today. I like a lot of you guys here, I like talking to you guys. I will work on being a better poster in here. I don't see any point in leaving here, its not going to fix anything in my life. its just an excuse for my problems. Sure some of you might think its melodramatic but a lot of you don't have the massive anxietys that I have. Most of the time time when people say shit about me or say something that annoys me I just leave it be because I can't read the situation and can't reply in kind. Sometimes I can be a bit of a door mat. But most of the time it makes me look like a nice guy, avoiding conflict.

elsk

Banned
I want to apologise to some of you guys for what happened earlier. I have a tendency to have panic attacks and I am mostly unable to read social situations. Thus sometimes I over react, that is what happened today. I like a lot of you guys here, I like talking to you guys. I will work on being a better poster in here. I don't see any point in leaving here, its not going to fix anything in my life. its just an excuse for my problems. Sure some of you might think its melodramatic but a lot of you don't have the massive anxietys that I have. Most of the time time when people say shit about me or say something that annoys me I just leave it be because I can't read the situation and can't reply in kind. Sometimes I can be a bit of a door mat. But most of the time it makes me look like a nice guy, avoiding conflict.

Not trying to be an ass here, but you should try to find some kind of help to overcome that. You'll have a better life if you manage to do that. At first it sure could be hard, but it is worth it!

Also, I'm leaving the forum for a while. I need to work on some issues I have right now and I think FootyGAF is too fun and distracting right now :) all you guys are awesome. See you all soon

edit: fuck Toni Kroos.

I've had the second best gameweek so far pre-bonuses, behind odd_morsel who is killing it

Farewell for now elsk. Wherever you may go, whoever you may meet, whatever you may experience, remember this always:
Fuck Bayern

Mumei

Chelsea to hire Mumei as prosecutor.

What sort of silly twat thinks I would prosecute that? :O

Speaking of Chelsea, I just paused the United-Chelsea game for a phone call and a ~controversial~ call about diving was made. The game has been amazing so far!

Lightning

Banned
Not trying to be an ass here, but you should try to find some kind of help to overcome that. You'll have a better life if you manage to do that. At first it sure could be hard, but it is worth it!

Also, I'm leaving the forum for a while. I need to work on some issues I have right now and I think FootyGAF is too fun and distracting right now :) all you guys are awesome. See you all soon
No no no no no Bayern poop you cannot leave like that. Bayern shit themselves and you take off? GO DORTMUND!!!!!!

Speaking of Chelsea, I just paused the United-Chelsea game for a phone call and a ~controversial~ call about diving was made. The game has been amazing so far!

iRvmZ7TYRC8eW.gif

Still furious about that ref. Got the flu and it really felt like I was boiling while watching that crap.

Oh my. I was watching a replay of today's Rubin-Anzhi game and a Rubin player scored a goal that the commentator called "Downing-esque". The fucker has a reputation as a goal scorer in Russia now, lol.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
What's in the air today? Shut the fuck up elsk. Or, at least stay on twitter!

Messi no reason to panic whatsoever, unless you were one of the referees last night.

iRvmZ7TYRC8eW.gif

Still furious about that ref. Got the flu and it really felt like I was boiling while watching that crap.

You're still sick? I got better in one day. Without meds.

Maybe Tom Cruise was on to something with Scientology..

You're still sick? I got better in one day. Without meds.

Maybe Tom Cruise was on to something with Scientology..

Yeah I am, only been since late friday so not that bad for a flu. I fell asleep with Liverpool on and woke up with the commentator screaming when Luiz scored the own goal. :(

No meds here either, just klenex. Which is great really, gives you an excuse to have klenex all around your desktop.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Yeah I am. I fell asleep with Liverpool on and woke up with the commentator screaming when Luiz scored the own goal. :(

No meds here either, just klenex. Which is great really, gives you an excuse to have klenex all around your desktop.

Drink some whiskey kid. Put some hair on that chest!

GorillaJu

Yeah I am. I fell asleep with Liverpool on and woke up with the commentator screaming when Luiz scored the own goal. :(

Where as if you're Messi you look at all the Kleenex around your desk and scream "what have I done!?"

AndresON777

shooting blanks

Hope you get better, bro. I used to get panic attacks and they're fucking awful

Meier

Sounds like Micah could be out another two months at least... tough season for him. We're having a Man U like year, injury-wise.

lol

Maybe I'll follow Zenit since I like bruno alves and hulk

thanks

No, we must remain enemies. I can't troll you if we cheer for the same team. Plus, fairly certain we get rid of your boy Bruno Alves in this next transfer window. You should cheer for a rival. Not Spartak though. Fuck Spartak.

No, we must remain enemies. I can't troll you if we cheer for the same team. Plus, fairly certain we get rid of your boy Bruno Alves in this next transfer window. You should cheer for a rival. Not Spartak though. Fuck Spartak.

How about Lokomotic Moscow? Dame N'Doye managed to fuck you guys over not that long ago and he will do it again. ;)

AndresON777

shooting blanks

Spartak-Moscow-Shirt-2011-Away.jpg

Spartak it is then. I like how they played against Barca and I also liked Emery when he coached Valencia

--Matter of fact I already got their kit in ultimate team!

How about Lokomotic Moscow? Dame N'Doye managed to fuck you guys over not that long ago and he will do it again. ;)
Yeah, that was a nice hand ball by him. Btw, I remember Bilic saying that Pavluychenko is Loko's best striker, lol.

Spartak-Moscow-Shirt-2011-Away.jpg

Spartak it is then. I like how they played against Barca and I also liked Emery when he coached Valencia
--Matter of fact I already got their kit in ultimate team!
Baited so hard. Spartak is shit. Enjoy. BTW, Spartak's Emenike is a beast in FIFA. 90+ speed and 90+ strength.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Yeah, that was a nice hand ball by him. Btw, I remember Bilic saying that Pavluychenko is Loko's best striker, lol.

Baited so hard. Spartak is shit. Enjoy.

lol

Have they had any good results against Zenit recently?

I like how the Russian teams play football. With how humongous you guys are I'd expect them to park the bus and counter but they play offensive football.

Does Shakhtar not play in your league? I've like them quite a bit for years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom