• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feorax

Being reporten Lallana might need to put in a transfer request to make a move before the WC. I assume the same is true of Shaw.

Keane :lol

He's wrong about Jones. Doesn't need to toughen up...needs to calm the fuck down and stop running on the stretch.

Seems Vidic has already started dishing the dirt on Moyes. Telegraph leading with it.

Bni8Vy4IQAAH-JY.jpg

rvy

Banned
Fuck cross gen. That;s the issue

Once that is over it'll be plain(er) sailing.

If Far Cry 4 is cross gen I'm gonna so totally kurtz

That's not the issue. BF 4 is cross-gen. The issue is that Ubisoft is a shitty company that deserves money from nobody. They put out bad games, sell costumers the games on their doctored trailers and screenshots and then give reviewers a bunch of freebies to make up for the shitty quality of their product.

pulsemyne

That's not the issue. BF 4 is cross-gen. The issue is that Ubisoft is a shitty company that deserves money from nobody. They put out bad games, sell costumers the games on their doctored trailers and screenshots and then give reviewers a bunch of freebies to make up for the shitty quality of their product.
Actually the issue is Ubisofts engines push CPU's very hard and this gen of consoles have pretty poor CPU's.

Salvadora

He's right on Woodward and Smalling but I think Jones' issue is that he is wreckless not weak. He goes in full charge into tackles when he doesn't need. He's also wrong on Moyes not getting enough time, he got too long.
Could be wrong, but I don't think he means toughen up in the way you would normally think. Judging by the injury stuff, I took it to mean sorting out his fitness issue which seem to plague him.

Walking Dead game Season 2 Episode 3 bros...

What the fuck is with this "Gahl" bullshit?

Plastic humour
dPrJaGc.png

I was wondering this as well. Someone explain please.

Last time this happened I googled "rppmey" and it came up with some website that looked like 4chan

rvy

Banned
Actually the issue is Ubisofts engines push CPU's very hard and this gen of consoles have pretty poor CPU's.

Yeah, I'm sure Watch_Dogs is doing some really groundbreaking things. I mean, look at how good their past open-world games have been. Just downright amazing.

L1NETT

Yeah and BF4 runs great. Can't think of any issues with that game

Ubi put out bad games? Ah yeah I forgot all the fun me and loads of folks had with Far Cry 3 and AC IV recently. Gotta go tell Gertsmann he was wrong

Fergie

Banned
Keane :lol

He's wrong about Jones. Doesn't need to toughen up...needs to calm the fuck down and stop running on the stretch.

Seems Vidic has already started dishing the dirt on Moyes. Telegraph leading with it.
Agree. He might have slight injury issues, but he's reckless.

Moyes still on vacation? He should stay on vacation.
Forever.

Walking Dead game Season 2 Episode 3 bros...

I was wondering this as well. Someone explain please.

Last time this happened I googled "rppmey" and it came up with some website that looked like 4chan
Just a joke.
So why no Tevez in Argentina's squad?
Baffling.

rvy

Banned
Yeah and BF4 runs great. Can't think of any issues with that game

Ubi put out bad games? Ah yeah I forgot all the fun me and loads of folks had with Far Cry 3 and AC IV recently. Gotta go tell Gertsmann he was wrong

BF 4's issues have little to do with looking bad or running poorly. It's poorly made game in terms of game design. Rushed as well.

Lightning

Banned
Relax Salva buddy. After Ozil and Ramsey do the business on the weekend this trophy bogey will be gone and we'll have our grand stadium and back in the trophies!!!

GQman2121

Banned
Chelsea Player of the Year: Eden Hazard

Players Player of the Year: Cesar Azpilicueta

Yeah, I'm sure Watch_Dogs is doing some really groundbreaking things. I mean, look at how good their past open-world games have been. Just downright amazing.

Hey, those chase that person running away with _____ missions aren't easy to come up with! There's all types of situations you have to account for.

The game is likely going to be average as fuck. The crazy visuals from 2012 were the big selling point for what was to be next gen. They know that. They knew it then and they know it now. It's all apart of the marking machine and way of presenting a game. And I don't blame them because people get sucked in for the long haul. It sucks, but we're now likely left with a standard Ubi openworld game that we've all been playing for the past eight years. :\

bud

see this car? hack it.
see that guy with the phone? hack it.
see the security cameras? hack them.
see this guy? hack him.
see? hack.

that about sums that game up. don't even have to play to reach that conclusion.

Vidic article:

“We argued amongst ourselves,” Vidic said. “This year more than any other, because when you have bad times, people show they care. We are still friends, but we were arguing to get better. We wanted to improve.

“We could say those things to each other because we have been together for so long, but it hurt. If you didn’t argue, it would not be right. We had some hard moments in the dressing room between ourselves.”

Vidic has just collected his boots from United’s Carrington training ground, while some of his team-mates have returned their club Chevrolets as they prepare for life away from Old Trafford.

lol

Vidic on Moyes:

“There was a transition,” Vidic said. “You get someone who sees football in a different way and he will want to put his stamp on the team and the way he wants to play. Ryan [Giggs] shares the same ideas as Sir Alex Ferguson and his was a more similar approach to the one we had with Sir Alex. The players are more used to it and felt more comfortable with it.

“I am not saying that the David Moyes way was bad, but these players feel more comfortable playing a certain way of football. You have to respect where you are and what you represent, though, and there is no point speaking about someone who was here, who everyone knows lost his job because he did not succeed in doing what he wanted to achieve.

“The best answer I can say is that he [Moyes] tried really hard, he was professional. He was really committed to the job and desperately wanted to do well. But unfortunately, it didn’t happen and we are all sad.

“Sometimes you have bad times and you question yourself, of course, but we never did anything to question the manager at all. We questioned ourselves more.”

More lol:

And there was another story, seemingly nonsensical, that Moyes had taken Vidic and Ferdinand aside in training to tell them how to defend like Phil Jagielka, the centre-half he turned into an England player at Everton.

When asked whether that episode had actually taken place, Vidic was diplomatically non-committal. “It doesn’t matter. Listen, what happens between the players and us stays between the players and us. I am not going to speak about what has happened in my house. You have to understand the person I am. I am the captain. The captain has to be the captain. He has to respect the club, the manager has to respect the club as well. All of us have to understand we are at a club with a big tradition and if you have a problem, this club always will try to keep them in-house.

“All problems are solvable. Either you sort them in a nice way or …”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10828537/Nemanja-Vidic-We-fought-one-another-not-David-Moyes-in-my-final-season-at-Manchester-United.html

Vidic not denying the Jagielka story and suggests he would have stayed at United had Moyes been sacked earlier. Hmm - not too much dramatic stuff in that interview though.

FootballFan

Is there is a site with a list of confirmed squads for the world cup?

Mansoor: "I am one of the richest men on the planet but I try to stay happy"

dc: "What a guy"

Careful bro, DC is going in hard today. You don't want to be his next target.

Lightning and Sal stopped posting after DC ether'd them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom