• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
No.

1) Suarez didn't win it
2) City winning is more dismissable, if Liverpool won you'd never hear the end of it.
3) Gerrard managed to lolerpool it which was glorious

I'm still glad City won over them, but I have to point out it really was the lesser of two fucking evils. Fuck them both.

Even though Sony is already dominating quite a bit this gen, I think they can take this opportunity to dominate even more.

Release PS4 with the camera for the same price as the new Xbone that comes without Kinect.

Then have PS4 with no camera, for even less($50~ less)

Gaming side would go down.

Panty would jizz.

Sony can't make them quick enough although they aren't really in a position to drop the price. They don't need to react, they'll wait until the holiday season and add a game in the box (Knack or Infamous probably) with no extra cost.

Also, can I be on to say I like Ubisoft games too?

I'm still glad City won over them, but I have to point out it really was the lesser of two fucking evils. Fuck them both.

We will win it for you next season, Wilbur!

I think this summer will be really frustrating for England fans tbh

In years past, we've had great personnel that just haven't performed for England. This time around, we'll have decent personnel who simply won't be allowed to perform for England, as Roy's tactics just won't leave any room for excitement and unpredictability.

I mean, nobody's expecting that we'll win it, but we have the players to put together a proper exciting team, like Uruguay 4 years ago. But we're destined to be turgid as fuck, more concerned with flooding our own box to prevent chances than we are with creating them.

I wish Pellegrini was England manager.

Don't worry, we'll go out after failing to get past the group stage, Woy will get sacked and be replaced by 'Arry or Sherwood.

And then we'll go out at the stages of the Euro's as well.

Meier

I'm not sure if it's my bias, but it seems like City's win pretty much blew over in a matter of hours, on SSN at least

Probably since it was inevitable since they beat Everton, and it was expected at the start of the season
Lots of City fans very unhappy about it. Saw some posts complaining that "Cashley Cole" and his "retiring" from England was the bigger story the next day.

I say who cares, the fans should enjoy it themselves and say fuck the media, etc.

Shoot me down if I'm talking out of my arse, but I wouldn't mind the fixture calculator being weighted so the top 6 teams are more likely to face one-another on the final day, and the same for the bottom 6 (bottom 3+promoted teams)

Just to increase the chances of the final day being exciting

Chipotle

I think this summer will be really frustrating for England fans tbh

In years past, we've had great personnel that just haven't performed for England. This time around, we'll have decent personnel who simply won't be allowed to perform for England, as Roy's tactics just won't leave any room for excitement and unpredictability.

I mean, nobody's expecting that we'll win it, but we have the players to put together a proper exciting team, like Uruguay 4 years ago. But we're destined to be turgid as fuck, more concerned with flooding our own box to prevent chances than we are with creating them.

I wish Pellegrini was England manager.

Yeah, on paper the team looks pretty good. Not amazing but a lot of decent players who've had good seasons. When you think about how and where they'll play it'll all fall apart.

t4bgThF.jpg

GorillaJu

Shoot me down if I'm talking out of my arse, but I wouldn't mind the fixture calculator being weighted so the top 6 teams are more likely to face one-another on the final day, and the same for the bottom 6 (bottom 3+promoted teams)

Then what if the weighting system fucks over one team and not the others? They'd be sued for conspiracy.

FootballFan

Sony can't make them quick enough although they aren't really in a position to drop the price. They don't need to react, they'll wait until the holiday season and add a game in the box (Knack or Infamous probably) with no extra cost.

Also, can I be on to say I like Ubisoft games too?

I liked Far Cry 3, though the main character was a tool. Not really a fan of most their other stuff.

Even Far Cry 3 became the same old Ubisoft game, you just to keep repeating/collecting the same thing.

I would be so surprised if Watch Dogs is not a constant "hack this" "hack that". I get that it is the main appeal to the game and all, but it's also easy for them to add missions where you do something else.

jtb

Banned

think the reason why this isn't done is because more often than not, the league title will be mathematically decided before the final day of the season. the league can't risk allowing these high profile matches become dead rubbers.

Chipotle

No Nevillegasm, no deal.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

a bit OT but in our undefeated season our fixture was absolutely fucking ridiculous. It felt like we played the whole fucking top 7 in a row or something

let me check

ok

Fiorentina 0 – 5 Juventus
Juventus 2 – 0 Internazionale
Juventus 3 – 0 Napoli
Palermo 0 – 2 Juventus (Yeah Palermo was considered a top 7 side, and they finish above Juve
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif
)
Juventus 2 – 1 Lazio
Juventus 4 – 0 Roma
jurgen-kloppwwkh7.gif

Wait....Nainggolan didn't make the Belgium squad but Fellaini did? He's been an absolute beast since moving to Rome. Managers r dum.
LOL Belgium. Fucking Fellaini.
It's hard to feel bad for him though because he's a massive twat
KuGsj.gif

faridmon

Sad that Bryan Oviedo isn't gonna play WC, but that may make him an integral part of the team next season.

<3 Oviedo Baby!

EDIT: me and names...

Rikkun

God I'm craving for World Cup games, I wanna see every single match right now.

Too bad our team is kinda shitty (at least for Italy standards)

Herr K

Banned
I got 12/16 on the "name the player by his abs" test. I missed only with the Best League (EPL) players and Drogba, because I could swear he looks blacker on TV than he did on that picture. They tricked me.

Meier

Brazil's final 7:
Atletico Madrid defenders Filipe Luis and Miranda are in the seven-man list of back-ups, as is Bayern Munich right-back Rafinha.

Liverpool midfielder Lucas Leiva, Paris Saint-Germain winger Lucas Moura and Sao Paulo striker Alan Kardec have also been asked to be ready if called upon.

Fluminense goalkeeper Diego Cavalieri rounds off the list and will step in for the tournament if there are any issues with the current three shot stoppers Julio Cesar, Jefferson and Victor.

The announcement means some of the notable absentees from the original squad, including Kaka, Robinho, Ronaldinho and Philippe Coutinho have not even made Scolari’s top 30 for this summer.
Can't say I am familiar with Alan Kardec. Looks like he was on Benfica for a bit before going back to Brazil.

dc89

RouB1Rm.png

He started from the bottom...

Next season, I WILL be buying a Nasri jersey. Maybe Brian can link me up with someone in the jersey trade and I can get home and away for a nice price.

Blablurn

The club have found and punished those responsible for the homophobic banner displayed in the Arsenal match.

483606699.0_standard_709.0.jpg

Süddeutsche Zeitung is reporting that the banner was held by four teenagers from the South Tyrol region of northern Italy. (A quick Wikipedia search tells me that the majority of the South Tyrol population are of Austro-Bavarian descent and speak German as their first language.) Bayern met with their parents, and they have agreed to pay a fine of €2,000 each. They will also have to come back to Munich over the summer to serve 10 hours of community service.

According to the report, Bayern estimate that they lost nearly €150,000 due to the banner. While the money that they will recoup is a pittance in comparison to what has been lost, this will hopefully serve as a warning to keep any and all derogatory views out of the Allianz Arena.

L1NETT

Good stuff Bayern

Massive club like that taking firm action is a good example

--

Curtis Good made it into Australia 30 man prelim squad

:lol

Go on Curtis lad. Do the bantams proud

And Bailey Wright and Luongo. Geeza going for youth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom