• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit :loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

KtymJMN.gif

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=111856819&postcount=91

Post of the year

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Only 3/4 guaranteed at the top of his game though. I mean he might keep going aged 32/33/34, but alot of players drop off by then or start having fitness issues.

Maybe! But he's still three years younger than three of their defenders.

and four times better

Man Utd have the same odds as us to win the title next year

Bookies must have great faith is us struggling due to the CL, and Man Utd spending £150m+

GorillaJu

Assuming you've rang the bell, you shouldn't be having any problem doing that at all? I ran straight through every time. Unless you're just getting unlucky with invasions.

I get invaded almost every run, I just have to get to the mist before they 1-shot me :lol

K1LLER7

Going with the weapon dual handed character in Dark Souls 2.

Played bout 3 hours and was finding it difficult before the first boss (giant tree thing?). Changed to a shield and the game is so much easier.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Serie A is like the SPL, where David Weir played until he was 62.

Eh fuck Serie A, I'm talking about a defender's average age here. Rio, Vidic, Evra, Terry, Cole are still going. Sure they aren't as good but they aren't terrible either. Barzagli is in his 70s but he's still one of the best CBs in the world.

AND MEHDI IS TWENTY SEVEN

TWENTY

SEVEN

Salvadora

Apparently Winterburn has confirmed that we had a £22m deal in place for Higuain before Perez raised the price to £34.5m and Wenger pulled out, Something we would have suspected, but I wonder how it would have changed things this season.

GorillaJu

Going with the weapon dual handed character in Dark Souls 2.

Played bout 3 hours and was finding it difficult before the first boss (giant tree thing?). Changed to a shield and the game is so much easier.

Lol you're 100% right. I didn't realize how good shields are until much later. There's a super good shield in Forest of Fallen Giants. I won't spoil where it is, but if you do eventually find it, you'll probably use it for a long while as I am.

I just killed the gargoyle fuckers, just a matter of being patient and not attacking too many times at once.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Messi "I don't think any player can be considered a true great until they have won the World Cup."

Yes_yes_yes.gif

"The comparison with Maradona is a very nice compliment, but not one that I can accept yet"

"he did so much for the national team."

"I hope that I can do that and I hope I can do that this summer - but until then I don't talk about me as the best."
wFbYY9N.gif

Apparently Winterburn has confirmed that we had a £22m deal in place for Higuain before Perez raised the price to £34.5m and Wenger pulled out, Something we would have suspected, but I wonder how it would have changed things this season.

dont worry about Higgy now, he will be a LFC player if we sell Suarez :p

Baki

Madrid must surely know that we would demand a higher fee than Bale. They set the precedent last summer.

Even if they can meet that fee, it's not as if we need to or want to sell.

Doesn't Suarez have a release clause in his new contract. I doubt he was dumb enough to extend without one.

Doesn't everyone?

I have little faith that both things will occur with sufficent effectiveness to make the gap up.

I won't say it won't happen, given the fact that we ourselves just leapt from 7th to a title challenge, and did the same in reverse in 2009, as you did last year. I do think we're more likely to challenge next year than Man Utd are though, unless we lose Suarez and Man Utd make some very astute, instantly effective buys.

Pennywise

Xbox Sapport ‏@XboxSapport 20h

Does anybody know a good place to put a few million Kinects? A landfill in New Mexico, perhaps?

Parody accounts on twitter are the best :>

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Lol you're 100% right. I didn't realize how good shields are until much later. There's a super good shield in Forest of Fallen Giants. I won't spoil where it is, but if you do eventually find it, you'll probably use it for a long while as I am.

I just killed the gargoyle fuckers, just a matter of being patient and not attacking too many times at once.

I'm glad you're enjoying the game this much early on!

because it gets 200% better in the 2nd half
3AQmK.gif
3AQmK.gif

your human effigy isn't ready

giphy.gif

3AQmK.gif
3AQmK.gif

giphy.gif

Have you seen how it looks on PC with lighting mods?

Can't wait to see what they do on PS4, with good particle and lighting effects

That art design is too good to be hamstrung by poor technical work

LegoArmo

So, what's the likelihood that van Gaal will play Rooney on the left? Say United sign no wingers, and only 2 players, with his 4-3-3.

-----------van Persie
Rooney---------------Januzaj
--------------Mata
-------Kroos---Fellaini
Shaw-------------------Rafael
-------Evans---Jones
-----------de Gea

Hixx

Have you seen how it looks on PC with lighting mods?

Can't wait to see what they do on PS4, with good particle and lighting effects

That art design is too good to be hamstrung by poor technical work

I don't understand the clamour for the darkness. It's already darker on PC for some reason and that's already annoying.

Jack cw

Why is Messi lying to himself and spewing this bullshit?

Because he is right. Simple as that. Its not measured by kit sales, sponsoring contracts or fancy haircuts and ridiculous stances. Its about titles and the role a player plays to win the trophies and WC is by far the biggest. I don't need to point out the incredible performances of Pele, Maradona or Zidane for their nations winning the WC and on a club level too.

GorillaJu

3AQmK.gif
3AQmK.gif

giphy.gif

Yeah I just love it. It's everything I love about video games without all the extra fluff. It's like the perfect translation of old school gaming, before games started leaning so heavily on narratives and linear progression. Like, back in the day you heard about what was going on in the towns, then when you went out and found a boss, he didn't talk to you for 10 minutes about why he wants to kill you, you just fought.

I was just in Sinner's Rise, and I raised the lift so that there was a little suicide hole, and I lured that fucking big annoying demon thing into it so it killed itself, then I tried to do it to the next to and they surrounded me and I ended up rolling into it and killing myself :lol Done for the night.

K1LLER7

Cheers, will keep an eye out for it.

Was fighting the giant tree boss. Lost 3/4 times. Thinking i've got his pattern now, just swings his arm and stamps. Walk in ready and he decides to body slam! as I walk through the fog :*(

This game.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom