• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

aKzyKmO_460sa.gif

Meier

I'd like to see Sevilla win it since they've done so well after losing Navas and Negredo. And then I'd like us to get Alberto.

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/aKzyKmO_460sa.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Hahaha, that's a great gif. I'm sure the catcher has a cup on, but it still hurts -- just not as badly and more around the edges of where the cup presses into you.

Carbonox

Mike Ashley has now surpassed Richard Branson in the UK rich list. Please Mike, please lend Newcastle a tenner so they can buy a stack of A4 paper so we can put Shola Ameobi's new contract on it.

thank you

Football Manager Classic

Board Over-Ride (£1.29/€1.59/$2.35)
Unlimited Scouting (£0.65/€0.79/$1.15)
Foreign Influx (£1.29/€1.59/$2.35)
Morale Boost (£0.65/€0.79/$1.15)
All Players Interested (£1.29/€1.59/$2.35)
Attribute Masking (£0.65/€0.79/$1.15)
Boost Bank Balance 10m (£2.39/€2.99/$4.35)
Boost Bank Balance 50m (£4.79/€5.99/$8.85)
Boost Bank Balance 1m (£0.65/€0.79/$1.15)
Boost Bank Balance 5m (£1.59/€1.99/$2.95)
Magic Sponge (£0.65/€0.79/$1.15)
National Management (£1.29/€1.59/$2.35)
New Stadium (£1.29/€1.59/$2.35)
No Loan Restrictions (£0.65/€0.79/$1.15)
No Sacking (£3.19/€3.99/$5.85)
No Transfer Windows (£0.65/€0.79/$1.15)
No Work Permits (£1.29/€1.59/$2.35)
Son Generated (£1.99/€2.49/$3.65)

all those game breaking micro transactions :/

Carbonox

But what about Ben Arfa?

He needs a weight watchers diet before he should set foot on a pitch again. Him and Gotze could strike up an unlikely friendship. Pls Mike, you're our only hope.

Hatem's going in the Summer anyway. What a lost cause.

Yen

BnmdyswIQAA48jR.jpg:large

Top of the table that matters. 2016, we'll make a profit. Believe.

Bnmm8FKIAAA5lXR.jpg

Similar to the 06/07 away kit. That line is a bit ugh.

Feorax

Hopefully that injection of cash means we won't be anywhere near FFP trouble next season. we skirted very close this season IIRC.

Feels like we've been getting tweets like that for the last fortnight.

I'm getting tired of these tweets. I'm expecting another delay.

BnmdyswIQAA48jR.jpg:large

Top of the table that matters. 2016, we'll make a profit. Believe.

Look at the difference from a couple of years ago.

jbzwhejDVM8uSV_e.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bnmm8FKIAAA5lXR.jpg[/IMG

Similar to the 06/07 away kit. That line is a bit ugh.[/QUOTE]

Warrior have horrible designers. Your home kit is also crap because of that line running on the shoulder. Your best kits were always the home kits because they opted to keep it simple in order to protect your club from their own horrible ideas.

Meier

Hopefully that injection of cash means we won't be anywhere near FFP trouble next season. we skirted very close this season IIRC.

Liverpool would have failed FFP on a losses point of view but perhaps with some of the exceptions you may have been okay. It's always hard to say -- supposedly the reason City has initially failed it is because they're saying we didn't meet a certain requirement which then prevents us from using the exceptions (writing off old salaries, etc.).

operon

our losses were associated with costs written off due to the Stanley park plans from the last owners I thought

LTWheels

Apparently we would have been fine. A lot of our loses were apparently related to writing off the old owners stadium plans, which I believe are exempt.

Saying we are in danger of breaking FFP makes a much better headline, but that's sport journalism.

DBT85

our losses were associated with costs written off due to the Stanley park plans from the last owners I thought

I don't think anyone really knows for sure how much would be written off, not outside of the club at least. We'll know next year when they go through FFP.

We'll find out next year how much UEFA will be prepared to write off. The losses totalled to about £90m for the last two years. Think the FSG loan can be exempted and that was about half the amount - so as long as they don't make any further losses this year they should be fine and this tv money should help to make sure that doesn't happen.

It saddens me to see Liverpool associate themselves with lesser brands. Adidas is class.

I like Adidas kits when it comes to clubs with striped shirts like Juve, Atletico, etc...

For other clubs, their kits are boring. Every kit looks the same and they always have those 3 stripes running down the shoulder.

Yen

I like Adidas kits when it comes to clubs with striped shirts like Juve, Atletico, etc...

For other clubs, their kits are boring. Every kit looks the same and they always have those 3 stripes running down the shoulder.

Liverpool's nicest kits were in the late 70s/early 80s. Pretty plain and no silly stripes down the arms. At least Warriors home kits follow this simplicity.

rvy

Banned

I always liked the shoulder stripes. Nike consistently messes around with kits far too much. They've been defiling Barca for years now, especially the away kits.

Adidas does the same, but to a much lesser extent and only with the away kits.

Yen

Confirmed #LFC team to face Shamrock Rovers: Jones, McLaughlin, Kelly, Paez, Smith, Lucas, Allen, Coady, Ibe, Borini, Aspas.
Confirmed #LFC substitutes: Ward, Dunn, Williams, Peterson, Lussey, Randall, Teixeira, Trickett-Smith, Brannagan.

K1LLER7

Amanda Davies ‏@AmandaJDavies 31m
Understand Ryan #Giggs is agreeing terms to become Assistant Manager under Louis Van Gaal at #mufc

Tom McDermott ‏@FootballMcD 2m
Giggs in Holland this afternoon.

Bnmz4Z0IEAEtr87.jpg

Close to where Van Gahl is staying

Vard

Jose Enrique posted this on Instagram earlier today. Amazing.

http://instagram.com/p/n-OFEAHXnc/#

This too: http://www.ftbpro.com/status/john.a...-ref-howard-webb-in-ledley-king-s-testimonial
In a light-hearted affair Webb, who was officiating the game, decided to get in on the act during the second half and started to dribble with the ball.

Yet, Spurs' German midfielder was having none of it and took out the referee at full stretch. Webb reacted by pushing Holtby, only for the 21-year-old to elaborately dive on the floor!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom