• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Rodgers, or anyone else, cares so much about young players getting competitive football - don't buy/poach them when they're young.

It's bullshit.

It does seem like big clubs have completely forgotten you can only field 11 players at a time when they go on their youth signing sprees.

Thing is they can afford not to ever play them. There needs to be a cap.

Blablurn

UcPx7Oo.png

That would be a huge transfer!! I would be all over it. Just sell Kroos and maybe someone else to make some space.

GorillaJu

I think the youth team system needs reform.

HOWEVER

The more I think about it, the more the whole B team concept sounds like the big teams simply employ too many fucking footballers for their own good and are now looking for ways to get them game time.

I'd definitely advocate a cap on the number of U21 aged players a club can sign. Would force them to be a bit more selective and trim their squads. Would also let other teams have a go at signing youth with potential as big teams wouldn't be able to stockpile.

Your point is sound, but how are you ever going to stop teams with resources competing against each other for young talent and stockpiling them? There will always be people buying because they don't want their rivals to sign someone who they expect to be good one day, and the players will always be willing to sign for clubs like Chelsea and City because they believe in themselves and think they'll one day be a starter.

The fact is that you either have to give young players a competitive venue, or you have to make rules or regulations to prevent big clubs from hoarding talent and then letting them rot.

In the end, option A is the easier of the two.

subtles

I'd advocate more talented youth being spread across the leagues if the coaching standards in the nation were on par with some of the other countries.

Stockpiling them 'for the future' is far worse I must say.

Or is being educated by Big Sam?

Fucking hell. My dad got a phone call last night that one of his colleagues had passed away. This morning his boss told my dad and a few other colleagues what happened. The colleague used to carpool to work with this other guy. He dropped the guy off at work and told him he wasn't feeling well and was going home. He called in sick and went home. His girlfriend came home a few hours later and noticed that the front door was open. He had left a suicide note for her. She found him in his car in the garage with the engine still running. He had grabbed himself a pillow to make himself more comfortable.

He and my dad started off at the company around the same time, more than 25 years ago. Both my parents used to be good friends him. Fuck.

Blablurn

What has elsk done to Bayern Gaf in the last couple of days? :/
He is decent and all but we dont need another talented youngsters. We need class palyers that could help our starting 11.

I don't know. I think it's impressive how he was the only player who actually helped Hamburg not to drop into the abyss of the league. Of course I agree with you when it comes to big transfers. But buying Cahla doesn't exclude the fact that we could go for a Hazard or someone else.

Jack cw

Yeah, the Bayern starting 11 is fucking dire m8

sort it out
Sal pls. I am talking about Schweinsteiger and Ribery. We need replacements.
I don't know. I think it's impressive how he was the only player who actually helped Hamburg not to drop into the abyss of the league. Of course I agree with you when it comes to big transfers. But buying Cahla doesn't exclude the fact that we could go for a Hazard or someone else.

Of course. I'm just sceptical because we have Götze, Shaqiri, Müller for those positions and another players being back up for any position makes no sense. Bu I dont mind having him in the squad. I just dont see what he should be good for.

Blablurn

Sal pls. I am talking about Schweinsteiger and Ribery. We need replacements.

Of course. I'm just sceptical because we have Götze, Shaqiri, Müller for those positions and another players being back up for any position makes no sense. Bu I dont mind having him in the squad. I just dont see what he should be good for.

I think he has the creativity for the #10 position. I rather take Cahla than the piece of wood that his Kroos.

in other news

2,w=650,c=0.bild.jpg

Jack cw

I think he has the creativity for the #10 position. I rather take Cahla than the piece of wood that his Kroos.

He might have more attacking skills but Kroos is still young and has huge experience. He was great as 10 under Heynckes and Pep in winter with Thiago and Lahm behind him. Bayerns CAM is Kroos. Götze and Hakan are wasted there.

Your point is sound, but how are you ever going to stop teams with resources competing against each other for young talent and stockpiling them? There will always be people buying because they don't want their rivals to sign someone who they expect to be good one day, and the players will always be willing to sign for clubs like Chelsea and City because they believe in themselves and think they'll one day be a starter.

The fact is that you either have to give young players a competitive venue, or you have to make rules or regulations to prevent big clubs from hoarding talent and then letting them rot.

In the end, option A is the easier of the two.

I truly don't see why a cap on the number of aged under 20 players a club can have is unworkable. It's simple and would be attacking the cause rather than the symptom.

3Sixty

Deschamps set to name #Lacazette, #Stambouli & #Schneiderlin in #France's 30-man pre-World Cup group, according to L'Equipe.

Based Schneiderlin

This Paulinho to Chelsea rumour continues to confuse me. Either Mourinho sees a player with untapped potential or he's gone officially fucking mental for work-rate clankers in midfield.

subtles

This Paulinho to Chelsea rumour continues to confuse me. Either Mourinho sees a player with untapped potential or he's gone officially fucking mental for work-rate clankers in midfield.
He doesn't look or function the way he did prior to his time in Spain.

He's alienated certain players that aren't particularly renown for their workrate.

I wouldn't be surprised if he lost the plot.

Feorax

I did think he might go all in for central midfielders this summer. The 4-3-3 he played against us is how I think this Chelsea team will be going forward under him, so there's no need for traditional number 10's like Mata, and possibly Oscar.

I did think he might go all in for central midfielders this summer. The 4-3-3 he played against us is how I think this Chelsea team will be going forward under him, so there's no need for traditional number 10's like Mata, and possibly Oscar.

No I get that, it's more that Paulinho doesn't seem to be a very good footballer.

Clegg

All the United rumours have slowed down. I suppose we're waiting to appoint a new manager before we make moves in the transfer market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom