• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
iukmm87KFVqSt.gif

damn

L1NETT

Fargo TV show is great

Not feeling the last couple of episodes :/

Maybe because the opener was so good

Plus the two
hitman chaps - the one who signs and the bearded one are so painfully dull. Can tell the writer trying to make them effortlessly cool and they are not engaging at all

Also Molly and Tom Hanks cousin are so wet and drippy I snooze off in their scenes. Freeman's accent is bordering on irritating too

Bar Billy Bob, who KILLS IS I am not enjoying it much at all

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Plus the two
hitman chaps - the one who signs and the bearded one are so painfully dull. Can tell the writer trying to make them effortlessly cool and they are not engaging at all

Also Molly and Tom Hanks cousin are so wet and drippy I snooze off in their scenes. Freeman's accent is bordering on irritating too

I actually agree with all of this. It's still damn fun to watch though!

Wilbur

Banned

Plus the two

Bro are you mad

Adam Goldberg is brilliant

Molly is awesome

The show is jokes. Makes me laugh a lot.

3Sixty

Ramirez to take over from Lallana in the free role.

Sign a new LB to replace Shaw.

Frank De boer to take over from Pochettinho who will get sacked by spurs mid December.

Lallana will be added to the English player burial ground at anfield.

Shaw will get relegated with United.

JRod goes to spurs with Pochettinho. Never recovers from ACL injury. Becomes the white leadly king.

L1NETT

Bro are you mad

Adam Goldberg is brilliant

Molly is awesome

The show is jokes. Makes me laugh a lot.

All she does is stare mournfully into the distance and sigh a lot

Yawn

And whenever Freeman squeaks "oh god oh god" for fifteen minutes I leave it running to make a cup of coffee knowing I won't miss anything important.
I don't find it nearly as funny...wish I liked it more.

Wilbur

Banned
Yurt, why you look so sad?
Tears are in your eyes
Come on and come to me now
Don't be ashamed to cry
Let me see you through
'cause I've seen the dark side too
When the night falls on you
You don't know what to do
Nothing you confess
Could make me love you less

I'll stand by you
I'll stand by you
Won't let nobody hurt you
I'll stand by you

So if you're mad, get mad
Don't hold it all inside
Come on and talk to me now
Hey, what you got to hide?
I get angry too
Well I'm a lot like you
When you're standing at the crossroads
And don't know which path to choose
Let me come along
'cause even if you're wrong

I'll stand by you
I'll stand by you
I'll stand by you
Take me in, into your darkest hour
And I'll never desert you
I'll stand by you

And when...
When the night falls on you, baby
You're feeling all alone
You won't be on your own

I'll stand by you
I'll stand by you

I'll stand by you
Take me in, into your darkest hour
And I'll never desert you
I'll stand by you
I'll stand by you
I'll stand by you
I'll stand by you

Wilbur

Banned
All she does is stare mournfully into the distance and sigh a lot

Yawn

I don't find it nearly as funny...wish I liked it more.

She's an endearing presence and a natural actor, I like her. Nice to have someone relatively normal in the show.

I laugh a lot watching it. Billy Bob is the best thing about it by a long distance, but it's well filmed, well written and well paced. Enjoying it a lot.

3Sixty

World cup final 2018.

Josh Sims impressive displays lead England to glory with Matty Targett his partner at left back after Luke Shaw failed to impress with Craig Levine's championship stragglers Manchester United.

Lolling at Benfica has suddenly worn off and I am now insanely nervous about our own shit tomorrow.

A reminder:

CSKA will win the league if:
they defeat Lokomotiv, OR
they draw with Lokomotiv AND Zenit do not defeat Kuban.

CSKA will qualify for the 2014–15 UEFA Champions League if:

they do not lose to Lokomotiv, OR
Zenit do not defeat Kuban.

Zenit will win the league if:

they defeat Kuban AND CSKA do not defeat Lokomotiv.

Zenit will qualify for the 2014–15 UEFA Champions League if:

they defeat Kuban, OR
Lokomotiv do not defeat CSKA.

Lokomotiv will win the league if
:
they defeat CSKA AND Zenit do not defeat Kuban.

Lokomotiv will qualify for the 2014–15 UEFA Champions League if:

they defeat CSKA.

AVB pls. Loko pls

Wilbur

Banned
World cup final 2018.

Josh Sims impressive displays lead England to glory with Matty Targett his partner at left back after Luke Shaw failed to impress with Craig Levine's championship stragglers Manchester United.

All your youth team are ugly apart from that one hot

wedward

World cup final 2018.

Good idea on getting a head start.

This way when Shaw to United is announced calling him a cunt will feel totally natural.

Still struggling to come to terms with our failure to win the league, and the manner in which we lost the initiative

Anyone else in the same boat?

I'm aware that 'it's only football'

Barzul

Benzema? Didn't know he had only 12 months left. Maybe Arsene will finally get his man. Also Liverpool GAF is the Suarez clause real, the supposed 80m euros or thereabout one?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Still struggling to come to terms with our failure to win the league, and the manner in which we lost the initiative

What manner? You were outsiders from day one, and weren't favourites until the 11 wins streak. Coming this close to pulling it off on the back of a 7th place finish is IMMENSE. You finished above Mourinho ffs!

perspective pls

wedward

Benzema? Didn't know he had only 12 months left. Maybe Arsene will finally get his man. Also Liverpool GAF is the Suarez clause real, the supposed 80m euros or thereabout one?

Benzema, Aurier and Schneiderlin would make me very happy.

Dat French connection.

Arnie's dead.

How long did it take you guys to get over it in 2012? Can't shake the nagging feeling that that was our chance, at least to do it before Gerrard retires

Guessing it happened pretty quickly for you lot since you were on the front foot in 2012/13 essentially from the start

K1LLER7

^ lol

What manner? You were outsiders from day on, and weren't favourites until the 11 wins streak. Coming this close to pulling it off on the back of a 7th place finish is IMMENSE. You finished above Mourinho ffs!

perspective pls

You made them believe they would win it.

You said it was their year.

You lied to Liverpool-Gaf,

well done Yurt ;)

Wilbur

Banned
How long did it take you guys to get over it in 2012? Can't shake the nagging feeling that that was our chance, at least to do it before Gerrard retires

Guessing it happened pretty quickly for you lot since you were on the front foot in 2012/13 essentially from the start

Took the summer, yeah. At least the World Cup is a good distraction.

K1LLER7

Say if United were to go straight back into the top 4, which team do you guys think will miss out?

I would think Arsenal but it's just something about them that makes me think they'll still finish up there.

K1LLER7

Liverpool

Need a lot of squad depth with or without sales, and Europe is a big burden
Hmm true.

Think a lot will depend on the summer and which players come in.

Really looking forward to seeing how we play under LVG next season. Can just picture Smalling trying to play out from the back and failing, constantly. Jonny Evans will be the next Maldini.

Tanned-

Banned
Say if United were to go straight back into the top 4, which team do you guys think will miss out?

I would think Arsenal but it's just something about them that makes me think they'll still finish up there.

suarez is leaving/never having a season like that
sturridge will stay hurt half the season like he does
SlippyG is another year older and slower
defense is getting more and more garbage every year with shit replacements like kolo toure arriving, but rodgers only wants to win his way so its cool.
struggled with squad depth last year in later stages, now they have europe on top of that

Scum

Ramirez to take over from Lallana in the free role.

Sign a new LB to replace Shaw.

Frank De boer to take over from Pochettinho who will get sacked by spurs mid December.

Lallana will be added to the English player burial ground at anfield.

Shaw will get relegated with United.

JRod goes to spurs with Pochettinho. Never recovers from ACL injury. Becomes the white leadly king.

image.php

You finished 2nd, earned nearly £100m and will be playing CL footy next season. Go back to bed, Hitch? You're drunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom