• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

Mandzu is a killer in front of the goal. Giroud is a filler in front of the goal.
He's a better finisher, for sure, which is what we need but I'd be a tad wary of picking up another forward with a similar style of play. Still, I don't think I'd complain if we picked him up on the cheap. Would mean Remy out the window though.

Just in case anyone does have avatars turned off I support Chelsea. The true gentleman's club where young talent is raised and then shipped away never to be seen again.

Also thanks for the welcome guys.

Randdalf

Just in case anyone does have avatars turned off I support Chelsea. The true gentleman's club where young talent is raised and then shipped away never to be seen again.

Do you think contemporary Chelsea will ever become a club fed through its youth team, or is the youth team another business for Chelsea: bringing in young players cheaply then selling them for a high price once their potential blooms?

Salazar

The woman Scudamore and his tit lawyer pal were #bantering about is considerably out of their league.

I do look forward to Wes' position being deemed untenable after PMs in which he refers to Barzul as his "bit of fluff" come to light.

Wilbur

Banned
Do you think contemporary Chelsea will ever become a club fed through its youth team, or is the youth team another business for Chelsea: bringing in young players cheaply then selling them for a high price once their potential blooms?

Can't imagine it being anything other than the latter. The odd player will come through.

The woman Scudamore and his tit lawyer pal were #bantering about is considerably out of their league.

I do look forward to Wes' position being deemed untenable after PMs in which he refers to Barzul as his "bit of fluff" come to light.

Hahahaha

I would love it if we started bringing in a couple of youth players into the first team more often, Take Kalas' appearances towards the end of this season he performed really well and it think he should be given more chances next season but recently we've been hell bent on buying other teams talents instead of using our own, an example of this is Salah who hasn't really performed that well this season and we could've just promoted one of our youth players like Swift or Baker and given them a chance. So unless we have a radical rethink of how the club works we will probably keep selling talent to raise money for well known players in the foreseeable future.

Looks like Kroos is on his way.

Updated fourmaytion:

xoxoxoxox De Gea xoxoxoxoxo

--Rafael--Jones---???---Shaw--

---------????-----Kroos----------

---Januzaj--Mata--Rooney---

---------------RVP----------------

Garay and Strootman to fill the blanks, please.

Suen

There is only one true gentleman's club and it's not Chelsea.

Welcome

Looks like Kroos is on his way.

Updated fourmaytion:

xoxoxoxox De Gea xoxoxoxoxo

--Rafael--Jones---???---Shaw--

---------????-----Kroos----------

---Januzaj--Mata--Rooney---

---------------RVP----------------

Garay and Strootman to fill the blanks, please.

I think Vidal and Kroos will complement each other really well.

Salazar

Italy v France WC final was on tv this afternoon.

Cameronesi. The commentator calling Franck "the next Zidane". Trez drilling it against the crossbar. Who the fuck is Willy Sagnol.

3Sixty

We are going to crush Hull tomorrow.

2544659748-soccer-carling-cup-final-arsenal-v-birmingham-city-wembley-stadium.jpg

Halo 5 announced, it's weird, I'm not a massive FPS person, I do like Halo though 2 and 3 are not so good imo, yet its likely to be a major FPS game for me.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
We are going to crush Hull tomorrow.

I think Arsenal will win but not by a huge margin. Even when there's a mismatch, recent cup finals have been very closely contested. Hull have focused on this game for the last month, they will be up for it. They'll play with 5 defenders and 2 Tottenham players in midfield, it will be difficult.

Marc

Hi guys, Been reading the thread for about a year now and finally got an account that works on here, really looking forward to the world cup, hopefully Roy has us playing some decent football but the chances of that happening are slim :/

Welcome!

Don't worry, Woys boys will see us lift the trophy and in doing so the hopes and aspirations of a world's generation, world peace ensues and England is put in charge of all countries. We reach new heights in technological advancement, cure the earth of disease and death and explore space together in a ship shaped like Gerrard slipping while putting away the winning penalty. All one handed as the other hand holds a brew.

Greatness awaits.

Barzul

My prediction for tomorrow is a 4-0 win. Giroud double, Podolski, Ramsey. Hull are actually going to have to try and play against us, plays into our hands.

Blablurn

Die "Sportbild" liefert weiter Stoff im Mandzukic-Guardiola-Streit. Demnach soll der Bayern-Coach sich von dem Stürmer bereits verabschiedet haben: "Ich wünsche Dir viel Erfolg bei Deinem neuen Verein." Mandzukic soll sich mittlerweile auf dem Weg nach Kroatien befinden.

woooooow

mandzu is on his way to croatia already. pep wished him already good luck for the next team.

wooooooooooooow

Salvadora

Sorry to burst your bubble man. Why the hell are we letting Chelsea get Costa and Mandzukic? Benzema isn't really a sure thing unless Real get a replacement.
Well, it's not as if we can stop Chelsea. Costa has a relatively low release clause and would undoubtedly choose Mourinho over us given the choice. Wonder what wages they will give him. I don't think they will get Mandzukic because he won't want to play second fiddle.

phaze

^ They better have a playable demo.

My prediction for tomorrow is a 4-0 win. Giroud double, Podolski, Ramsey. Hull are actually going to have to try and play against us, plays into our hands.

;_; Stop jinxing us.

Those golden shirts are atrocious.

We might actually Have a really nice Strike force next Season if these rumours are true Costa, Mandzukic and Lukaku :D

I would be happy with just getting two of them at this point, would be a massive improvement on what we currently have.

L1NETT

^ They better have a playable demo.

Community manager is hyping it up, and journos are booked it to hopefully do more than see it

The Witcher 3 isn't out until next year though. My biggest disappointment in gaming this year.

All in good time Clegg. Would have only been like 3 months ish after it was meant to

Can't believe I'm saying this, but Dragon Age looks promising.

I can't believe you are saying it. Bioware are dead son

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom